Posted Mar 4, '13 at 5:04pm

Bluydee

Bluydee

699 posts

Name: Bluydee, 150 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mage’s Staff (L1)
Armor: Mage’s Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex:0

You press the Man tile. It clicks, but nothing happens. You selected the wrong tile. The door to this room opens and the chest and table, to your surprise, vanish in a cloud of thin grey smoke. (Don't flip out. This is only the first floor of the first Dungeon. There are two doors to account for screw-ups).
Door 1: Failed
Door 2: X (Locked)
Door 3: ???

I enter the other door.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 8:14pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,073 posts

-GM Sheet-

Day: 1
Weather: Clear
Time: Night 1/8 (Day or Night out of 8)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.
Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Theonewhoplays, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knight’s Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)
Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (0/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Curved Dagger (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (0)
Name: Kylelolcat, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Gold (10)
Name: Max, 180 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (0),
Summondex: Red Bear (L1 [100MP])
Name: SubZero, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Name: Magic, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing Knife (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.
Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Patrick2011, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Archer, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Long bow (L1)
Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Inventory: (2/10) M Capture Orb (@50), 50-POC, Gold (0)
Name: Rick, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (2/10), Gold (10), 50-POC, Knight’s Shield (L1)
Name: Gamer, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 5500 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (4400/8000)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Hides (L3)
Inventory (2/10): Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archer’s Poison Vial (L2)
Name: pang, 150 HP, 250 MP
Summondex: (0)
Name: Bluydee, 150 HP, 250 MP
Summondex:0

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???
[/b]-----------------[/b]
Battle:

Name: Gamer, 815 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (0/750)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archer’s Poison Vial (L2)
---------------VS-----------------
Name: Scorpy (L3), 215/250 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Scorpion
Weapon: Scorpion Pincers (L3), Scorpion Tail (L3)
Armor: Scorpy Shell (L3)
Inventory: None

You aim for the eyes, but miss and hit him in the shell, dealing 5 more! Selphy takes her time and hits the Scorpy in the left eye, dealing 50 +10! The Scorpy makes some kind of screech and backs up, bumping into a canyon wall. (You aren’t actually in a cave. You are right outside the first one. The Scorpy crawled from a hole behind you. The caves here are rounded, though, and have no sharp stalactites and stalagmites).

-------
Name: SubZero, 190 HP, 100 MP
----------------VS-------------------------
Name: Tree Goblin (L1), 70 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Archer
Weapon: Goblin Shortbow (L1)
Armor: Goblin Tunic (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (10)

You remove the arrow from your shoulder to find that it isn’t poisoned and is significantly thinner and longer than your arrows. You go to patch your shoulder, but another arrow flies and impales the tree you are standing behind, narrowly missing your head. He’s not going to give you a break. You return fire and hit him in the chest, dealing 20! The goblin howls again and you hear, to your dismay, a rustle above you. The goblin has changed trees again.

--------------
Story:

@Kyle
As you go to leave, the Panther swings his tail out and catches your leg, causing you to trip. He laughs in a way that sounds more like a purr. “You should watch your footing” he says, reaching for the latch on his robe
(You have been granted to option of fighting the Panther to gain an ally. Again. Because it would be lame if you couldn’t).

@Shadow
(You make me do so much extra work. I’m going to kill you some day). You trot over to the Bounty Board and examine it. Seeing as you are only L1, you are only being offered a few quests.
-THIEF! A boy wearing a red cap stole my Gold pouch. That had 20G in it! Find him and get my money back (+50 EXP), and teach him a lesson while you’re at it (+50 EXP)! He ran off to the Lowhouses.
-I need a new look. The lining on my cloak is starting to fade away. If someone can bring me a Wolfdog (L2) Fur, I’d be happy to make it worth your trouble (+15G).
-RANDOM! I’ve always wondered how many upright logs were used to build the wall around this place. If someone can go count them all up for me, I’ll give them a MC Card I found! Or trade, if you want. Whatever.

You are about to experience the “third option” element that video games are always looking for. You can ignore the quest, you can do it and get a reward, or you can cheat. Example: RANDOM. You can go out and count all the logs in the wall and experience some monster fights (for EXP), or you can go to the kid right now and lie. It’s dark right now, so you will experience more monster fights and possibly harder ones, but then again you get EXP for all that if you win. Use your brain. Be clever and you’ll be rewarded by me, because I’m the GM and I can do that.

@rick
The Lady turns her head slightly to look at it. “It holds the Chest. It was given to me by the Master of Flatwater Lake. I have guarded it for many years now. Men come to me to claim the Chest. None have succeeded.”

She notices your drawn sword. “Very well.” The Lady leans back, then roars. The massive, deep noise ripples the water, momentarily deafening you. You look back up to see her, mouth open and eyes flared, ready to fight.

The Lady of the Lake:
Name: The Lady of the Lake (L8), 1,500 HP, 1,000 MP
Class: Legendary Boss, Sea Hunter
Weapon: Flood (L8) [50 MP], Ice Strike (L8) [50 MP], Tailwhip (L8), Bite (Kills @5)
Armor: Scales (L8), Flatwater Lady Helmet (L8)
Inventory: (2/10) Steel Chest Saddle, Large Chest

@Sonic
You are, obviously, still in the White Forest. Behind you is the way back to the Castle. Ahead, the path branches. A wooden signpost is jammed into the ground with arrows pointing in opposite directions, although you can’t read the words from here.

@Max
“That’s more than enough questions, wouldn’t you say? Eh?” The man stretches his muscles and swings his left shoulder to get it working again. “A bear in the cellar. Ha! I ought to have named her by now. Every few nights, she manages to find a way into the cellar to sleep. Scares the life out of me. I think I threw one rock too many at her today, though. Couldn’t get to my pike in time.” He points to a steel pike, taller than you, with a vicious blade and spike on top. “As for the shields, I collect them. A blacksmith, hardly! I find them outside every so often. The Lady leaves them for me.” Upon closer notice, every shield has a crest of a Castle on it. Both Kingdom and Anarchy shields are here. Most have a splash of dark red on them...

@Bluydee
You enter the other room to find an exact copy of the other room. The table and chest are back. The only difference is that the Man tile has been sealed to the table. You have been given another chance. Again the riddle says
GIVE ME FOOD AND I SHALL LIVE
GIVE ME DRINK AND I SHALL DIE

With three tiles: Earth, Water and Fire

--------------
Message Board:

AllPlayers
Matt here. My game now has quests (or, sidequests, whatever) at Bounty Boards. I am giving them the infamous “third option” element that games have been obsessing over lately. That is, you can refuse the quest, accept it and finish it, or accept it and cheat. If you use your brain and come up with clever solutions to the quest, I just might give you a bonus. Granted, you can’t go wrong by just beating the sidequest, but it’s something to think about.

Also, Legendary Bosses are called “Legendary” for a reason. Each area only has one and they can only be defeated one time.

END GM Sheet

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:27pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

You remove the arrow from your shoulder to find that it isn’t poisoned and is significantly thinner and longer than your arrows. You go to patch your shoulder, but another arrow flies and impales the tree you are standing behind, narrowly missing your head. He’s not going to give you a break. You return fire and hit him in the chest, dealing 20! The goblin howls again and you hear, to your dismay, a rustle above you. The goblin has changed trees again.

I must move as well then! I throw a rock back down the trail, and run towards the signpost at the other end of the trail. I get ready to throw myself to the ground if I hear the hissing of an arrow in the air.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:42pm

rick073

rick073

328 posts

@rick
The Lady turns her head slightly to look at it. “It holds the Chest. It was given to me by the Master of Flatwater Lake. I have guarded it for many years now. Men come to me to claim the Chest. None have succeeded.”

She notices your drawn sword. “Very well.” The Lady leans back, then roars. The massive, deep noise ripples the water, momentarily deafening you. You look back up to see her, mouth open and eyes flared, ready to fight.

"Hang on..." I still have my sword hanging loosely at my side, "Who was the Master of Flatwater Lake, did he live in a cabin on the side of this lake, and did he own a pike?"

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:57pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

1,276 posts

Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (0/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Curved Dagger (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (0)

@Sonic
You are, obviously, still in the White Forest. Behind you is the way back to the Castle. Ahead, the path branches. A wooden signpost is jammed into the ground with arrows pointing in opposite directions, although you can’t read the words from here.

Let's go read the sign!

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 11:37pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

1,682 posts

Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)

I'll take this quest,

-I need a new look. The lining on my cloak is starting to fade away. If someone can bring me a Wolfdog (L2) Fur, I’d be happy to make it worth your trouble (+15G).

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 11:38pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,073 posts

@SubZero

You throw a rock and run the other way towards the sign. The Tree Goblin exposes himself to take a shot, facing the opposite direction. He turns and sees you, then fires. You dive and the arrow misses. You are now a sitting target. The Goblin disappears into the tree (why didn't you shoot him??)

@rick
The Lady pauses, then raises her head back up. She lets out a low growl. "The Master of Flatwater Lake is one of the Old Masters of the Kingdom. Surely you have heard the stories. Each was Master of their own land. They forged weapons of legend to defend the province granted them by the King. Each granted his weapon to a creature to defend until one would be mighty enough to rise and take it again. To save the Kingdom and Terra Novus."

She pauses again. "The man at the cabin, the one with the pike, is not the Master. His name is Vichtor and he is merely a neighbor. We have an agreement. He leaves my Lake untouched, and I give him the shields of the knights who have faced me." She almost smiles. "You may want to visit him first. He has at least a score of them."

@Sonic
Excellent! The arrow to the right reads "Scarborough" and the arrow to the left reads "The Rabbit Hole"

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 11:41pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,073 posts

@Shadow
The quest-giver is a female elf named Valeria. Return to the Bounty Board when you want to turn in the quest. Be aware that it is now night, so your chances of finding a higher-level enemy are greater once outside the walls.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 11:56pm

rick073

rick073

328 posts

@rick
The Lady pauses, then raises her head back up. She lets out a low growl. "The Master of Flatwater Lake is one of the Old Masters of the Kingdom. Surely you have heard the stories. Each was Master of their own land. They forged weapons of legend to defend the province granted them by the King. Each granted his weapon to a creature to defend until one would be mighty enough to rise and take it again. To save the Kingdom and Terra Novus."

She pauses again. "The man at the cabin, the one with the pike, is not the Master. His name is Vichtor and he is merely a neighbor. We have an agreement. He leaves my Lake untouched, and I give him the shields of the knights who have faced me." She almost smiles. "You may want to visit him first. He has at least a score of them."

"Alright then... I suppose I'll go visit him then..." As I sheath my sword and begin to turn around to leave the little island, I look back and say, "I never was looking for a fight... Yet honor and glory only come to those who relish in the bloodbath of war... I'm gonna have a great time with that." I chuckle slightly before sighing and heading back to the boat to row back to the shoreline to visit Vichtor.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:11am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,073 posts

@rick
The Lady watches you leave. She sighs, then tosses her head and proudly arches backwards into the water, diving back into the bottom of the Lake. You watch her curl through the air and notice that she is at least 20 or 30 feet long and has a bladed tail. At shore, as you approach the house, you hear an immense bang as though a door had been kicked open. A moment later, you hear a scream, a roar and a loud rip. A splash of blood hits the window from the inside.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!