Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:27am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Name: pang, 150 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex: (0)

The Barbarian looks surprised, then laughs. âHa! Feeling polite today, are we? Very well, Iâll see what I can do.â He removes the staff from yours arms with almost no effort, then examines it closely and tosses it to himself. He grunts, unimpressed, but he goes to a large closet and rummages through it. A few seconds later he emerges with a similar, but larger and thicker, Mage Staff (L2). âSeeing as youâre a Mage, you probably didnât get much into actually fighting with your stick. Itâs a rather versatile tool, though, when used as a staff. You can strike with it to attack or block with it to defend. Which would you like to learn?â

"Being able to properly defend myself will give me plenty of opportunities for attack..so I'd like to learn to block"

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:48am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,365 posts

@pang
(I was wondering when you were going to show up).

The Barbarian nods. "Right. A staff, as a weapon, is both offensive and defensive. In skilled hands it is a very versatile and mobile weapon, although not lethal, which is why they started putting metal spikes on top of them." He takes his staff and tosses it in his hand, then spins it, then spins it insanely fast, alternating hands and moving it behind his back. He suddenly freezes, and you see, to your amazement, that the tip of his staff is less than an inch from the side of your jaw.

He pulls it back. "But that's for another day. Here. Hold your staff in both hands, at a slant, in front of your face." He takes his staff and holds it diagonally, with one hand near his head and the other near his waist. "This grip will block overhead and overhand strikes. When an enemy attacks, hold the staff like so and push it forward." He demonstrates. "It will give you a short window of opportunity to strike back." He force the staff forwards, then delivers a kick at chest-level. "It works well on low-level enemies at ground level at close range. You've got the long-range thing covered with your Mage attacks."

He backs up a few paces, then, holding the staff like a sword, he swings it overhand at you.

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:59am

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)

I head out to find one Wolfdog, and try to skin it.

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 1:03am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,365 posts

@Shadow
(You don't "skin" animals. Animals have fur or hair as their armor. When you defeat one, "Wolfdog Fur" will automatically go to your inventory).

You leave the city in search of a deranged wild monster in the dark. The city is well-lit, so it provides a bit of light outside of it. After a short walk, you see a large wolf lurking through the woods. It's hard to tell which kind of wolf it is, though. It hasn't noticed you and is more or less circling the city.

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 1:15am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Name: pang, 150 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex: (0)

He backs up a few paces, then, holding the staff like a sword, he swings it overhand at you.

I hold the staff as he showed me in an attempt to block his attack

(I was wondering when you were going to show up).


To be honest..I didn't notice you updating me a bit back..so I had been waiting for you to update me XD I was actually about to make a comment telling you you forgot before I decided to check back a couple pages
 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 1:19am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,365 posts

@pang
(It takes a freakin' 20 minutes to update this game. The GM sheet, once filled out, is six pages long in MS Word. I hope you guys appreciate the work I put into this, sheesh. Haha)

You block his attack successfully. He backs off, then repeats the attack from the other side.

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 1:37am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Name: pang, 150 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex: (0)

I shift my feet and prepare for the next blow
(I'm guessing you are wanting me to be a rebel and try and attack him? If so..no! I'm an honorable student =p)

(It takes a freakin' 20 minutes to update this game. The GM sheet, once filled out, is six pages long in MS Word. I hope you guys appreciate the work I put into this, sheesh. Haha)


Do better for us! haha
But seriously..even without such knowledge..the sheet is very impressive
 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 1:49am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,365 posts

@pang
You intercept the next blow and repel him. He laughs briefly. "That's good! But you're forgetting already the second part of the technique. Come on!" He spins and swings the staff at you again.

(It's going to get better. I hope you're been reading the AllPlayer messages at the bottom of every GM sheet)

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 2:01am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Name: pang, 150 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex: (0)

You intercept the next blow and repel him. He laughs briefly. "That's good! But you're forgetting already the second part of the technique. Come on!" He spins and swings the staff at you again.

"Do you mean with the push?"
I place more emphasis on the pushing back part of the block technique in compensation for my mistake

 

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 2:17am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,365 posts

@pang
"No, the kick!" The Barbarian lands another blow, then ducks under your staff and kicks you in the stomach, sending you into one of the solid wooden training posts.

 
Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!