Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:05pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,122 posts

Corrected stat sheet. I mistakenly gave you 2000 HP and 0 EXP. I think you should have known that the extra 1800 HP was a mistake, but whatever...

Name: pang, 200 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Mage’s Staff (L2)
Armor: Mage’s Robe (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: (0)

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:09pm

rick073

rick073

328 posts

Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knight’s Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25)

@rick
The white box is a small metal case with a latch. It has a red splash of blood painted on it to symbolize that it is a med kit. He takes it and wraps himself in gauze, applying a health tonic and some other health-related items. He stands up and stretches carefully. “Many thanks for that. I think perhaps I should be more careful with bears in my house. Couldn’t get to my weapon in time and got the worst of it.” He points to a very large axepike standing in a corner.

Not a problem. I heard you yelling and I had to check it out. Are you sure you're going to be okay?

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:12pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

But..I liked having 2,000 HP...

Name: pang, 200 HP, 250 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)

You open the door and are faced with a very large Red Bear. The axepike, to your dismay, is in the corner on the other side of the room. The bear turns as you open the door and stares at you with blazing eyes. It lets out a roar, then attacks!

I shout to the Warrior to attack the bear from behind with his axepick..then shoot a lightning attack at one of the bear's legs

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:17pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,122 posts

@Gamer
Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (5)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (0/750)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archer’s Poison Vial (L2)
---------------VS-----------------
Name: Scorpy (L3), 0 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Scorpion
Weapon: Scorpion Pincers (L3)
Armor: Scorpy Shell (L3)
Inventory: None

You back up and smack the Scorpy with your bow when he snaps at you. The Scorpy grabs your bow with his other claw and BREAKS IT IN HALF.

Selphy takes the opportunity to fire one more poisoned arrow over your shoulder, hitting the Scorpy between the shell and the underbelly, stunning and killing it instantly. Finally.

You killed an L3 Monster at L1 (with help). You get a nice boost for that.
+250 EXP!
+40G (because the Scorpy had gold...I award you gold because you are already a high level and will need to do some shopping).

Updated Sheet:
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s):
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (45)
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archer’s Poison Vial (L2)

I suggest you return to this area when you have a source of light for the caves. By the way, you will find low-level gear at low-level locations. Check the Castle store, or, if you're particularly brave and curious, go to Castle Terrus. It's the only map that doesn't have a level.

@rick
(put your dialogue in quotation marks)
The man laughs briefly. "I've survived worse. That bear has been sleeping in my cellar over the winter. I think I threw one rock too many at her today."

@pang
The warrior groans, seeing as he is currently bleeding and rather pale. You fire lighting!

-Epic Battle Music-

Name: pang, 200 HP, 200 MP
------------------VS----------------------
Name: Red Bear (L1), 75 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Bear
Weapon: Bear Claws (L1)
Armor: Red Bear Fur (L1)

Lighting attack deals 25 and uses 50 MP! The bear roars again, shaking himself and lunging forward to slash you!

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:18pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,122 posts

@Gamer
Didn't fix your health! All HP and MP are restored. My fault.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

*Question..did you say I cannot heal others?*

Name: Red Bear (L1), 75 HP, 0 MP

Aha! I place my staff at the ready to block!
Block
push
kick!

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:23pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,122 posts

@pang
Name: Red Bear (L1), 50 HP, 0 MP

*Yes you can heal others, but by doing so you put yourself in harm's way. Recommended only if you have a party member that can attack while you heal, or if you have a moment when an enemy is recovering*

You block the bear's claws, force him back and kick him in the underbelly, dealing 10! The bear falls backwards and slams into a wall. To your surprise, at least a dozen Knight shields collapse onto the bear. They were mounted to the wall (you hadn't noticed them) and have knocked the bear flat, dealing 5! The bear, now particularly angry, tries to get back onto its feet!

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:29pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

Name: Red Bear (L1), 50 HP, 0 MP

You block the bear's claws, force him back and kick him in the underbelly, dealing 10! The bear falls backwards and slams into a wall. To your surprise, at least a dozen Knight shields collapse onto the bear. They were mounted to the wall (you hadn't noticed them) and have knocked the bear flat, dealing 5! The bear, now particularly angry, tries to get back onto its feet!

While the shields are still around the bear..I shoot another lightning

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:31pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

190 posts

Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s):
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (45)
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)

I suggest you return to this area when you have a source of light for the caves. By the way, you will find low-level gear at low-level locations. Check the Castle store, or, if you're particularly brave and curious, go to Castle Terrus. It's the only map that doesn't have a level.

My bow, NOOOOO!!!!  *crying*
I tell Selphy that we must go back to the castle but first I try to use my arrows to cut off the scorpy shell and pincers. Then I head back to the castle trying to get there all sneaky like o_o.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 7:24pm

maxaznboy

maxaznboy

76 posts

Name: Max, 180 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Weapon(s): Mage’s Staff (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (10),
Summondex: Red Bear (L1 [100MP])

@Max
You raise 2. Vichtor takes another card and thinks it over. “Alright”

Ante: 1
Raise: 2
You (3): [AD] [10C] (Holy crap I dealt you blackjack first hand.
Vichtor (3): [2S] [??] [3D]

(Gold has been updated in GM Sheet)

(Thanks)
I'll take some time, making it look like I'm thinking of either take a card or not, then raise 3(three 1s), and hold.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!