ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 7:25pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Name: Shadow, 160 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) M Capture Orb (@50), 50-POC, Gold (5)
------------VS--------------------------
Name: Wolfdog (L2), 50 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Wolf
Weapon: Wolf Claws (L2), Wolf Fangs (L2)
Armor: Wolfdog Fur (L2)
Inventory: None

I thought he was stunned.

I do another shield bash and then try to dodge the retaliation.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 7:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,349 posts

@pang
Name: pang, 200 HP, 150 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L2)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: (0)
------------------VS----------------------
Name: Red Bear (L1), 30 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Bear
Weapon: Bear Claws (L1)
Armor: Red Bear Fur (L1)
Inventory: None

Zap! 20! The bear jumps up and slashes, dealing 10! Then it dies.
+100 EXP, Level up!
HP and MP restored!
Level 3 access granted!
+100 HP
+50 MP
+L2 Attack Book
+Red Bear fur (L1)

New stat sheet:

Name: pang, 300 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 3, EXP (200/300)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L2)
Inventory: (3/10) Attack Book (L2: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Red Bear fur (L1), Gold (10)
Summondex: (1/?) Red Bear (L1 [100MP])

You look up to see a large axepike embedded in the bear's spine. The warrior, now standing, staggers and collapses. He is still bleeding. "Second drawer...white box" he spits out.

@Gamer
You have returned to the Castle. Also, my mistake. After defeating enemies, their Armor is added to your inventory, and weapons (if they are usable weapons, not claws or teeth).

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 8:15pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

973 posts

Name: SubZero, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (4/10) Arrows (-/-), Hunting Knife (L2), Tree Goblin Shortbow (L1), Tree Goblin Tunic (L1), Gold (20)

The elves give you a funny look, as though youâre speaking in another language. âThe Market, with everyone else. We are having a fair today and all the sellers are out and about.â He looks away, as though the conversation has officially ended (The Market includes a store for every Class, a General Store and a Bargain Bin for trading stuff in for fast cash).

I squint at him.... this sounds like it warrants further investigation. Like a Black Market, perhaps? I'll deal with that potential quest later. I go to the Ranger Store, the General Store, and the Bargain Bin to see which store will give me the best price for my loot. I wander through the fair and see what the sellers there have to offer as well. After I've analyzed the prices, I sell the Goblin Bow and Tunic to the best offer. After I've done that, I ask around to see if people have noticed any crime in the city lately.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 8:41pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,349 posts

@SubZero
Dude. Slow the heck down! I can't write up three stores and a price for your items at each of them. One at a time. The best place to trade weapons is the Ranger store (you cannot visit other stores, unless you are selling an item specifically for another class, such as a Knight shield or a Warrior war hammer). The best place to trade monster drops (fur, goblin tunics, etc) is a Bargain Bin and the best place to get cool stuff you've never heard of is the General Store.

Suggested course of action:
Sell the tunic at the Bin (5G) and the Shortbow (L1) at the Ranger store (5G). Done. Add the Gold and subtract the items from your inventory.
Go to the Ranger store for good Ranger-based armor and weapons, and go visit the General Store for cool stuff, since you have cash. If you don't have enough, visit the Bounty Board for brief sidequests for Gold or EXP.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 8:55pm

Bluydee

Bluydee

3,548 posts

Name: Bluydee, 200 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-50 [50MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: 0

You enter a curved room (you are very near the top of the tower now). On the walls of the room, to your right and left, are large stone statues of robed warriors. One has a chain and the other has a staff.

The outer wall is only about ten feet away from you. In front of you is a table with several objects on it.

In the center of the table is an hourglass. In front of it is a scroll with the words "To begin this puzzle, start the sands of time" On each end of the table, in a short metal tripod, is a glowing orb. The on to your left is yellow and the one on the right is green. The hourglass is upside-down, indicating that it needs to be flipped.

(I'm particularly excited about this room)

I flip the hourglass.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 9:03pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,349 posts

@Bluydee
The sand begins trickling. As you watch it for a few seconds, the orbs shudder, then suddenly fly straight into the statue on their side, as though they were fired from a crossbow. The statues break away from the wall, eyes glowing and weapons primed. The chain turns a bright gold and cackles with electricity. The staff turns a deep green and drips poison.

Your eye catches the scroll, which seemed to glow briefly. The wording has changed. It now says "To end this puzzle, reverse the sands of time"

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 9:27pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

973 posts

Name: SubZero, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (4/10) Arrows (-/-), Hunting Knife (L2), Gold (30)

Dude. Slow the heck down! I can't write up three stores and a price for your items at each of them. One at a time. The best place to trade weapons is the Ranger store (you cannot visit other stores, unless you are selling an item specifically for another class, such as a Knight shield or a Warrior war hammer). The best place to trade monster drops (fur, goblin tunics, etc) is a Bargain Bin and the best place to get cool stuff you've never heard of is the General Store.

Suggested course of action:
Sell the tunic at the Bin (5G) and the Shortbow (L1) at the Ranger store (5G). Done. Add the Gold and subtract the items from your inventory.
Go to the Ranger store for good Ranger-based armor and weapons, and go visit the General Store for cool stuff, since you have cash. If you don't have enough, visit the Bounty Board for brief sidequests for Gold or EXP.

Sorry, I'm a very thorough guy. I'll try to slow it down. I go to the Ranger store to check what they have for sale.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 9:48pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,349 posts

@SubZero
The Ranger store is run by a very tall, stern-looking elf with long dark hair and stern eyes. He stands by as you examine his inventory
-Ranger Store-
Weapons:
-Shortbow (L1): 5G
-Longbow (L1): 5G
-Elvish Straightbow (L2): 10G
-Elvish Hunter's Bow (L3): 30G
-Assassin Bow (L5): Bow with a bayonet! 100G
Arrows Mods:
-DI (Deep Impact): Punches through armor! 20G
-BH (Broadhead): Deals more damage at close range! 20G
-SS (Splinter Shaft): Arrow shaft splits, impaling enemy! 10G
Armor:
-Ranger Tunic (L1): 5G
-Elvish Tunic (L2): 10G
-Leather Ranger Armor (L2): 15G
-Elvish Ranger Armor (L3): 30G
-Hunting Hood: Keeps the rain off! 5G
-Archer's Cape: Keep the cold out and look excellent! 10G
Other:
-Poison Vial (L2): Poison your arrows! 20G
-Monocular (x2): Increased sight x2! 5G
-Monocular (x4): Increased sight x4! 10G
-Monocular (x10): Increased sight x101 50G
-Monocular VZ 20: Variable zoom, from x1 to x20! 100G

(That's all I can think of for now. You have some excellent choices, though. You can choose a color for your clothing, so it's not limited to just green or brown. Also, some shops have high-quality merchandise not publicly available. Ask shopkeepers if they have an "errand" or sidequest for you and you might get a discount!)

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 9:52pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Um you missed mine.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 10:08pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

@Sonic
You stand/hold (same difference). Bric and Brac each take another card. Bric smirks and says âRaise 5.â Brac drops his cards. âIâm out.â

Ante: 1
Raise: 5
You (1): [AH] [8H] [2H]
Bric (5): [3H] [??] [3S] [8C]
Brac (X): [6H] [??] [AS] [6D]

Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (0/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (5)

Ehh.. I'll call.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!