ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted May 3, '13 at 12:18am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,508 posts

@EPIC, again.
From Page 50 of your game:

@Gamer: excellent. You open the chest...and....AND....

You find: the Electrishield!! The Electrishield is a tall shield, 5 feet tall and a little over 2 feet wide. It holds an electrically-charged matrix below the shiny steel surface, which has a lightning blaze etched in it. Any weapon-based attack with a metal weapon (all blade-types and long-range types) is deflected, and has a chance to deal an electrical shock to the attacker!

For foot soldiers and medics, the Electrishield is a formidable tool against ground forces.
STATS:
Inventory. Shield. T8-Medium
Melee attacks: Blocks damage. Chance to deal half of blocked damage to attacker. Chance to stun.
Long-range: Blocks damage. Chance to deal half of blocked damage by reflecting metal projectiles.
All other attack: Blocks some damage.

You also find 100 AP for you and your team.

The dungeon wall at the back crumples, revealing a wide, open door.

The Electrishield that Rick earned at Rook Island is almost the same, minus the specific stats, Tier, and "foot soldiers/medics."

Posted May 3, '13 at 6:49pm

sonic20

sonic20

300 posts

Name: Metalix, 130 HP, 200 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)
Summondex: (0/?)
--------------VS-----------------------------
Name: Red Bear (L1), 65 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Bear
Weapon: Bear Claws (L1)
Armor: Red Bear Fur (L1)
Inventory: None

You have only a few seconds to spare. You open a few drawers, but they contain only clothes, Barbarian armor and personal items. The Barbarian on the floor growls something at you but itâs hard to understand. He reaches for a corner and you notice a large, heavy axepike leaning in it. Itâs about 6 feet tall and the head and grips are made of solid metal (youâre not going to be able to wield that, by the way. Besides, youâre a Summoner and you rely on MP, not bladed weapons). The bear roars again and drags itself out of the pile of shields, then slashes you for 10! You can help the Barbarian and take damage or you can fight the bear off yourself.

I'll help the barbarian. If the base damage is 10, then I can take this thing.

I'll cast another lightning to distract it while the barbarian reaches for his weapon.

Posted May 3, '13 at 8:11pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Name: Kylelolcat, 650 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 5, EXP (600/750)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L2), Tower Shield (L4)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L2), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (2/10), Failsword (T9), TnT, Gold (10)
Name: Sem the Panther (Kyle), 300 HP, 0 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 3, EXP (200/300)
Weapon: Panther Claws (T3), Panther Fangs (T3), Retracting Blade (T3)
Armor: Midnight Tunic (T3)
Inventory (1/10): Stealth Robe, Gold (0)

Oh...right.

"Well, since it's already dark, I think you should scout the fort, Sem."

Posted May 3, '13 at 11:24pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,508 posts

AllPlayers
GM Sheet tomorrow, hopefully. Sorry, I've been busy. I have two final college assignments and a large-scale test. Trying to get it all nailed down. Until then, a few need to check in, and Lupus, you need to post an actual move.

Posted May 4, '13 at 12:17am

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

Name: Rick, 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 5, EXP (500/750)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Electrishield (L5)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), Tower Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (100)

I'll go back to the Castle.

Posted May 5, '13 at 7:32pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,508 posts

AllPlayers:
I have very serious news for you all.

On Saturday, I went to a Christian Youth Rally in Delaware. During this event, I realized that I have spent far too much time on Armor Games. I've been struggling with it and justifying that it's just a website and it's not a big deal, but I have been on this site for a year and a half and have never mentioned my faith publicly. The fact that I have been a game master to a total of, at one point, twenty people and have never said a word about Jesus and salvation is a shame, especially since I am running a fantasy RPG in which I am god. I have strong convictions against magic and gambling, and I have promoted both.

As a result, God has removed the desire to continue leading this game, and participating on this site, as a bad example to Christianity. My Profile description is not enough, especially when I have the attention of so many people in this game every day that I release a new sheet. I am a saved Christian who believes the KJV Bible and that God is real, Jesus died for me, Jesus rose again and offered salvation to the world. I accepted Christ a decade ago and have done almost nothing about it. After a heavy dose of reality, I have decided to make a stand and say that I am a Christian.

I am a Christian. I accepted salvation by admitting I was a sinner, and I still am, believing that Jesus died for me and rose again, and calling on Him to save me. I type this as a very humbled individual who regrets not having said this sooner. However, despite my true enjoyment of being the game master for you all, I know that it is something I need to give up to grow as a Christian.

Effective immediately, I am no longer the Game Master of "The Two Castles." I am also retiring from Armor Games. This is not negotiable. If someone wants to replace me, it is their decision and will be done however you see fit. I humbly apologize for 67 pages of silence on the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Jesus saves.
-Matt

Posted May 5, '13 at 8:12pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm Christian too, and I see no reason for you to quit.

Posted May 5, '13 at 8:41pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

Well, goodbye then... Not really much for me to say here.

Posted May 5, '13 at 8:56pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Excuse me for a minute...

*Untintelligble ranting and raving happens for about an hour, causing half the things in by home to become broken*

Okay...now that that's out of the way...

This news is highly disappointing. Well, maybe not to everyone else, but it is to me. Nothing against you personally, but most forms of Christianity leave a foul taste in my...everything for several reasons. One of those reasons being the raw, unbridled fanaticism of some denominations. Now some denominations, such as Nazarene or Mormon, are actually very nice and will ignore most obvious opportunities to shove religion down one's throat until they choke. Others, like the infamous Westboro Baptists, are so fanatical it makes one sad to be living on the same planet as them. Now, I always knew you were a Christian, but your lack of insistence on your part has made me respect you to a degree, as much as I would respect a Nazarene or a Mormon. But with this post, this singular post, my respect for you has dropped significantly.

Now, if this was just something you posted in a moment of emotion, you are free to clarify, and I will reconsider my stance. However, if not, then as a Pagan whom has had to deal with being beat over the head by Christianity for his whole life, I will not miss you.

In summary, I award you no points, and may goddess have mercy on your spirit.

Posted May 5, '13 at 9:13pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

It seems we need a new GM for this game. I'm willing to step up for the title, if Matt and everyone else accepts. Post your reply on my profile.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!