ForumsForum GamesThe Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

691 59261
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

The Two Castles

~The Story~
The story begins with Castle Terrus, the greatest landmark in the world of Terra Novus. The castle itself was over a mile wide and housed thousands upon thousands of citizens. The King was a just and honorable man and ruled his kingdom from his castle in an age of peace that spanned nearly a thousand years. All was quiet and calm. Then, as with all stories, a single man became prideful. He saw that the King was aged and vulnerable. He was living in a generation that had never heard of war, much less seen it. He forced his way to the throne room and demanded the king bow to him. The King drew his sword. Enraged, the man vowed that he would not rest until Terrus had fallen.

The days grew dark after that. Swords were forged. Speeches were given. Hatred and envy grew. The King and the Man built their armies continually. The citizens of Castle Terrus experienced fear for the first time. An era of war and hatred was coming. The King, in his wisdom, knew that he could stop the oncoming war by stopping the Man behind it. He challenged him to a duel on the tallest tower. He accepted at once. When he arrived, the King grabbed him, disarmed him and threw himself, along with the Man, from the tower to their death.

The result was chaos. The armies, both bent on avenging their fallen leader, decimated each other. The mighty Castle Terrus fell. Each side retreated from each other to the edge of Terra Novus. There they decided to build their own castle. One for the Kingdom and the future restoration of peace, and one for Anarchy and the future destruction of peace.

Ages and ages passed, each side building a greater and taller and mightier castle. Each passed to the next generation their quest: to build the castle and fight. However, as the generations passed, that message faded away. Now, the castle residents live as they please, enjoying the freedom from the influence of the other castle. This is where your story begins: in the age of the Two Castles.

~The Rules~
READ THEM

-This is an adventure RPG. You will be fighting monsters, finding chests, solving Dungeons, killing bosses and earning all kinds of epic Legendary gear. It is divided into classes and involves turn-based combat. If thatâs what youâre looking for, this is it.
-No profanity, crude language, lewd comments, etc.
-No spam, trolling, etc.
-No âgod-modding.â You are not a superpowered Destroyer of Worlds. You are a human.
-Use correct grammar and spelling. Donât expect much from me if you donât try.
-This is a level-based game with level-based weapons. You will start at L1, which means all your weapons will be L1. You can ONLY equip weapons/armor at your level. You have a 10-Item inventory to store items until later use, along with a Castle Vault (more on that later)
-No hunger, thirst, stamina or exhaustion stats. Yay!
-Players who played the previous version, âEpicâs Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG,â will receive a Starter Pack bonus (more below)

~The Game~
You are a Hero of the Kingdom or a Hero of the Anarchy. Each side has a castle. For a very basic reference, imagine the original Red-vs-Blue âHALOâ map. Neither side has superior elements. Names will be changed on weapons and enemies may be different, but nothing significant.
You are loyal to your Castle and your Castle alone. You cannot defect.
This what you do:
Travel to different locations (on the Active Map) to fight monsters, explore dungeons, etc.
Explore the Castle (your castle is old and full of secrets. Locked doors, hidden rooms, etc).
Upgrade the Castle (to access more rooms and other things)
Buy/Sell at the Castle or at Towns
Be awesome.

~The Game Master~
I am Matt, and I am the GM. I will be controlling the environments, the bosses, the EXP and the dropped items. I will update this game at least once a day. I have added a âMessage Boardâ section to the GM Sheet (it lists all the elements of the game per day) to ask me questions or make suggestions, such as âCan I use this weapon?â or âI think you need more elemental monsters.â If you complain, complain there. If you complain frequently, you will be dealt with. I am, ultimately, the final authority on this game. Donât freak out, I always reply to comments and I will provide hints if you need them.

There will be action, comedy, cut-scenes (for boss kills) and hidden references. I may throw out a âGuess this thing, get 200 EXPâ every so often. You may find shout-outs to movies or video games along the way. If you have a good idea for a new weapon/armor/boss, post it in my âMessage Boardâ section.

~The Sheets~
There are several sheets you will see and you need to understand them. Iâll post all of them right off.

GM Sheet: This gives the day, weather, time, castle stats, character sheets, and several other important elements. Pay attention to this. When it is rainy, you wonât be able to see monsters as quickly. When it is dark, more monsters will spawn. Etc.

Class Sheet: This gives the templates for all classes, along with a description of each.

The Store: All available items, plus prices.

The Starter Packs: Previous players can choose TWO (yes, I changed it to TWO) of the following:
-Your previous Level (to find better weapons and armor and such)!
-Any one weapon or armor item!
-Your previous location (if you were in a dungeon or something)!
-Your companion or pet!
-A 50% Coupon for all (yes, ALL) Castle Store items (the Level limit still applies, donât buy L8 armor if youâre L5)! This is called the â50-POCâ (50 percent off coupon) and it is an Inventory item.

Good News: The Castles will NOT be attacked or breached anytime soon, so don't spend Gold on defeneses. Go adventuring.

• 691 Replies
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts

Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (50/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (40)

"Exploring, playing a prank on people who read the back of the sign post... ehh."

You journey through the woods, following the arrow. Before long a wooden wall comes into view. It appears to be a small elf town. It has a set of gates and a watchtower with a tall elf standing guard. He sees you and calls out âFor what purpose do you visit Scarborough, Kingdom-goer?â
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,511 posts

Name: Bluydee, 110 HP, 50 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-50 [50MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex (1/?): Lightning Bishop (Rare L2. 140HP [100MP])
------------------------VS--------------------
Name: The Rook (L3), 60 HP, 0 MP
Class: Dungeon Boss, Chess piece
Weapon: Body-Slide (L3), Body-Shockwave (L3)
Armor: Solid Stone (L3)
Inventory: (1/10) Dungeon Chest (inside)

I blast Lightning pointblank, then move to the right.

gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s):
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (75)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)

@Gamer
The elf gives you an emotionless glance, then replies âVery good. I will make you an offer then, since it is a Fair. If you purchase an item from me, you may buy a second at half its price. What two items you choose are your decision.â

" do you think it would be possible for me to get deep impact for normal price and the assassins bow for 55 gold?"
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) M Capture Orb (@50), 50-POC, Gold (15)

I head out has well, sword still in it's hilt, (I got a bad felling about this.)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Matt...just want to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this..but I've got some personal stuff going on so my interest level is diminished by it

No offense to you or your thread at all. All of my AG activity is affected by it

Anyways..my posting on here will be slowed down/take some time...eventually it will get back in order

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25)

@rick
The key unlocks the door. Floor One complete. You climb a set of steps to the next floor. Oddly enough, it looks almost identical to the first floor, although it is thinner. You have a door to both sides and one straight ahead that is locked.

I'll go through the door on the right.
maxaznboy
maxaznboy
291 posts

Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (10),
Summondex: (1/?) Red Bear (L1 [100MP])

(The defense book is partial to Mage-based classes. You can only be trained by someone who uses one. If you want a Mage trainer, you will need to upgrade the Castleâs Training Hall).

You enter the second room. It is well-lit from thin windows around the room. Several wooden posts with wooden arms are placed around you at random. Most have thick slashes in them. At the end of the room, sharpening a large axe on a whetstone, is an enormous Barbarian. He sees you enter. âA Mage? No, Summoner. Ha! Are there any warriors around anymore?â He stands up and drops the axe on the table. Heâs at least a foot taller that you and is extremely muscular. He looked you over. âAnd what have you come here for? To hit me with your stick?â He smirks.
(I'm just going to point out, that even though pang [and Bluydee, but don't know/remember how s/he got his/hers] is a summoner, like me though different kingdom [probably reason s/he has it], s/he received a defense book once reaching level 2. Anyways, like I said, just going to point out, not complaining, since it'll be a much better reward having 'earned' it. Anyways, thanks for the info, going to need to collect more gold soon, Library costs 10 gold right?) (Ps. Sorry about the male/female thing, don't really look at profiles. Also, I'm going back to check the prices, so you don't really have to answer the building costs.)

"Very funny, but depends on what training you have to offer me, I'm mainly looking to learn parrying and counters right now, so I don't get hit as often, but if also know ways to deal more damage with my 'stick' as you call it, why don't you teach me them too." I'll retort to him. "As for your questions about warriors, maybe they are to arrogant, (cough)*like you*(cough)."
SubZero007
SubZero007
942 posts

Name: SubZero, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Elvish Straightbow (L2), Hunting Knife (L2)
Armor: Leather Ranger Armor (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Arrows (-/-), Hunting Knife (L2), Gold (15)

âYou donât quite get it, do you?â Matt calls back as he walks. âThe point of your existence is to restore the Kingdom to its glory. Once you do that, youâve basically beaten the game. That would be lame, because youâre only L2, which is why restoring the Kingdom is so hard that I havenât even figured out how itâs going to happen.â He stops in a wide, circular courtyard. âAlright, weâre at the center of town. Straight ahead is the Kingâs Castle. Yeah, a castle within a castle. To the right is the fight ring, then the training ring. To the left is a Tavern (no one inside though), then the Warp Store (basically, every store in the game). Youâre only allowed to buy from the stores youâve already visited. Thereâs some other stuff, but I havenât really worked out the kinks yet.â He points ahead. âOh yeah, and I live in the castle. Iâm not the king, but Iâm in charge and I like to be able to see the entire kingdom from my house.â

"Oh... so then what am I doing here? Wait, that's a stupid question. Are there any areas of the castle you haven't explored yet?"
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

-GM Sheet-

Day: 2
Weather: Thunder and Lightning
Time: Day 7/8 (Day or Night out of 8)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Theonewhoplays, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)
Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (0/200)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Curved Dagger (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (0)
Name: Kylelolcat, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Gold (10)
Name: Max, 180 HP, 300 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (10),
Name: Magic, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing Knife (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Patrick2011, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Archer, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Long bow (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Name: Gamer, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 5500 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (4400/8000)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Hides (L3)
Inventory (2/10): Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)
Name: pang, 200 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: (0)
Name: Bluydee, 200 HP, 250 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-50 [50MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: 0

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

~Castle Terrus of the Kingdom~
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1
Flatwater Lake (L1), Towns: ???
Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???

-----------------
Battle:

Name: Kylelolcat, 400 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), TnT
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Knight's Shield (L1)
-----------------VS--------------------
Panther Sensai: Lvl 3, 210 HP 0 MP
Class: Trainer, Panther
Weapon: Panther Claws (T3), Panther Fangs (T3), Retracting Blade (T3)
Armor: Midnight Tunic (T3)
Inventory (1/10): Stealth Robe

---

Name: Bluydee, 110 HP, 50 MP
Summondex (1/?): Lightning Bishop (Rare L2. 115HP [100MP])
------------------------VS--------------------
Name: The Rook (L3), 30 HP, 0 MP
Class: Dungeon Boss, Chess piece
Weapon: Body-Slide (L3), Body-Shockwave (L3)
Armor: Solid Stone (L3)
Inventory: (1/10) Dungeon Chest (inside)

(Boss Battle: You will always be in a chess square. The Rook will move as a rook piece: in a straight line, in any direction. Body-Shockwave allows him to jump and create a single attack in all directions. The Bishop will attack him only if he is diagonally spaced, but can move in any direction by one square. You can move in any direction by one square, then attack. You can choose to not attack to restore 50 MP)

You zap him again, dealing 30 (Out of MP)! The Bishop returns to his feet and slides towards the Rook! The Rook slides sideways, side-stepping him, then slams him, dealing 35! The Bishop crashes to the ground beside you.

--------------
Story:

@Sonic
The elf gives you a look, then calls down âOpen the gates for the Kingdom-dweller.â The wooden gates open slowly and two elves, holding levers for the gate mechanisms, smile pleasantly as you enter. You are now in Scarborough. You can:
-Visit the Bounty Board (get G and EXP)
-Visit the General Store (all kinds of cool stuff)
-Visit the Class Store (specific elf items for your class and your class alone)
-Visit the Bargain Bin (buy and sell anything for standard price)

@Gamer
The elf looks somewhat annoyed. âYes, you could, if I were dishonest. The bow is listed at 80G. If you purchase another item, you will buy it at 40G, and the Arrow Mod is 20G. I am an honest tradesman and will sell as I see fit.â

(60G is still a good discount. That bow used to be listed at 100G).

@Shadow
You leave the Tavern to see two WolfDane (L3) monsters in the town, running through the streets. Two more are lying dead, shot full of arrows. You hear a snarl and turn to find a Wolfdog (L2) standing on the roof of the Tavern. It jumps at you!

-Epic Battle Music-

@rick
You enter the door on the right and find a similar set-up (early dungeons are not very complex). You see a table and a small chest with a square in the front of it. The stone table has this etched into it:
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The start of every end, and at
The end of every place.

On the table are seven tiles with letters on them. âSOLVE IT.â On closer inspection, the floor has letter tiles scattered around it as well. You can pick any of them up, including the seven on the table.

@Max
(Youâre right, I completely forgot. The Barbarian will teach you a physical defensive technique. If you stick it out, youâll be rewarded nicely.)

The Barbarian laughs. âA bit bold, are we? Iâll soon take care of that!â He gives you a friendly slap on the back that almost sprains a muscle. He goes to the back of the room to a very long, tall cabinet and opens the doors. âAlright then.â You hear a lot of shuffling and banging, then he emerges with a Mage Staff (L2). âThis will do for training. Itâs a tad longer and more solid than yours, but Iâm not trying to kill you, now am I?â He spins the staff, then grabs it with two hands. âHold it diagonally across your chest, by your left thigh and up so that it covers the right part of your face. Your right hand should be up near your face, the other beside your left leg. Keep your arms loose and your grip tight.â He demonstrates, holding the staff as though he would be blocking an overhead sword strike.

@SubZero
âI made the Castle, remember? More or less. I made it with all the essentials in the center. The rest of it is population. Thousands used to live here. The city goes on for miles.â Matt stops and leans against a pillar. âAnyway. The legendary Castle Terrus. Itâs a heck of a monument, but you donât get many tourists. Of course, it does have the greatest castle of all. Like your Castle, except this one is finished. Library, Hospital, Vault, Tower, whatever. You can view the stars from the Observatory or check out ancient weapons and such in the Armory.â

He looks up at the sky. âDay 7/8. Itâs going to get dark soon. You can come in if you want. Itâs kind of boring ruling everyone elseâs life when you have someplace this cool. Iâd warp everyone here and give a tour, but theyâre busy, and that would be lame.â

--------------
Message Board:

@pang
Your character is officially paused. When you come back, please remember to go back and find your last post and reply with a quote, because I really donât want to go look it up myself. Hope everything works out! Iâll be here when you get back.

END GM Sheet

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
291 posts

Name: Max, 180 HP, 300 MP

(Youâre right, I completely forgot. The Barbarian will teach you a physical defensive technique. If you stick it out, youâll be rewarded nicely.)

The Barbarian laughs. âA bit bold, are we? Iâll soon take care of that!â He gives you a friendly slap on the back that almost sprains a muscle. He goes to the back of the room to a very long, tall cabinet and opens the doors. âAlright then.â You hear a lot of shuffling and banging, then he emerges with a Mage Staff (L2). âThis will do for training. Itâs a tad longer and more solid than yours, but Iâm not trying to kill you, now am I?â He spins the staff, then grabs it with two hands. âHold it diagonally across your chest, by your left thigh and up so that it covers the right part of your face. Your right hand should be up near your face, the other beside your left leg. Keep your arms loose and your grip tight.â He demonstrates, holding the staff as though he would be blocking an overhead sword strike.

"Hee, lets hope not. Now lets see if I got all that." I jokingly say, then I'll position myself, as he told me to; trying to copy how he does it as reference, and prepare myself for his attack, as a precaution.
rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

@rick
You enter the door on the right and find a similar set-up (early dungeons are not very complex). You see a table and a small chest with a square in the front of it. The stone table has this etched into it:
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The start of every end, and at
The end of every place.
On the table are seven tiles with letters on them. âSOLVE IT.â On closer inspection, the floor has letter tiles scattered around it as well. You can pick any of them up, including the seven on the table.

I pick up the letter E from the "Solve" and put it into the square.
gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

@Gamer
The elf looks somewhat annoyed. âYes, you could, if I were dishonest. The bow is listed at 80G. If you purchase another item, you will buy it at 40G, and the Arrow Mod is 20G. I am an honest tradesman and will sell as I see fit.â

wait, does this mean I get the bow and mod for 60 G??? im confused.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

I dodge to the side drawing my sword after the side step.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts

@Sonic
The elf gives you a look, then calls down âOpen the gates for the Kingdom-dweller.â The wooden gates open slowly and two elves, holding levers for the gate mechanisms, smile pleasantly as you enter. You are now in Scarborough. You can:
-Visit the Bounty Board (get G and EXP)
-Visit the General Store (all kinds of cool stuff)
-Visit the Class Store (specific elf items for your class and your class alone)
-Visit the Bargain Bin (buy and sell anything for standard price)

Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (50/200)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (40)

I'm going to visit the Class store.
SubZero007
SubZero007
942 posts

âI made the Castle, remember? More or less. I made it with all the essentials in the center. The rest of it is population. Thousands used to live here. The city goes on for miles.â Matt stops and leans against a pillar. âAnyway. The legendary Castle Terrus. Itâs a heck of a monument, but you donât get many tourists. Of course, it does have the greatest castle of all. Like your Castle, except this one is finished. Library, Hospital, Vault, Tower, whatever. You can view the stars from the Observatory or check out ancient weapons and such in the Armory.â

I perk up as I hear his last words. "The Armory? Can we go there?"
Showing 361-375 of 691