ForumsForum GamesThe Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

691 59432
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

The Two Castles

~The Story~
The story begins with Castle Terrus, the greatest landmark in the world of Terra Novus. The castle itself was over a mile wide and housed thousands upon thousands of citizens. The King was a just and honorable man and ruled his kingdom from his castle in an age of peace that spanned nearly a thousand years. All was quiet and calm. Then, as with all stories, a single man became prideful. He saw that the King was aged and vulnerable. He was living in a generation that had never heard of war, much less seen it. He forced his way to the throne room and demanded the king bow to him. The King drew his sword. Enraged, the man vowed that he would not rest until Terrus had fallen.

The days grew dark after that. Swords were forged. Speeches were given. Hatred and envy grew. The King and the Man built their armies continually. The citizens of Castle Terrus experienced fear for the first time. An era of war and hatred was coming. The King, in his wisdom, knew that he could stop the oncoming war by stopping the Man behind it. He challenged him to a duel on the tallest tower. He accepted at once. When he arrived, the King grabbed him, disarmed him and threw himself, along with the Man, from the tower to their death.

The result was chaos. The armies, both bent on avenging their fallen leader, decimated each other. The mighty Castle Terrus fell. Each side retreated from each other to the edge of Terra Novus. There they decided to build their own castle. One for the Kingdom and the future restoration of peace, and one for Anarchy and the future destruction of peace.

Ages and ages passed, each side building a greater and taller and mightier castle. Each passed to the next generation their quest: to build the castle and fight. However, as the generations passed, that message faded away. Now, the castle residents live as they please, enjoying the freedom from the influence of the other castle. This is where your story begins: in the age of the Two Castles.

~The Rules~
READ THEM

-This is an adventure RPG. You will be fighting monsters, finding chests, solving Dungeons, killing bosses and earning all kinds of epic Legendary gear. It is divided into classes and involves turn-based combat. If thatâs what youâre looking for, this is it.
-No profanity, crude language, lewd comments, etc.
-No spam, trolling, etc.
-No âgod-modding.â You are not a superpowered Destroyer of Worlds. You are a human.
-Use correct grammar and spelling. Donât expect much from me if you donât try.
-This is a level-based game with level-based weapons. You will start at L1, which means all your weapons will be L1. You can ONLY equip weapons/armor at your level. You have a 10-Item inventory to store items until later use, along with a Castle Vault (more on that later)
-No hunger, thirst, stamina or exhaustion stats. Yay!
-Players who played the previous version, âEpicâs Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG,â will receive a Starter Pack bonus (more below)

~The Game~
You are a Hero of the Kingdom or a Hero of the Anarchy. Each side has a castle. For a very basic reference, imagine the original Red-vs-Blue âHALOâ map. Neither side has superior elements. Names will be changed on weapons and enemies may be different, but nothing significant.
You are loyal to your Castle and your Castle alone. You cannot defect.
This what you do:
Travel to different locations (on the Active Map) to fight monsters, explore dungeons, etc.
Explore the Castle (your castle is old and full of secrets. Locked doors, hidden rooms, etc).
Upgrade the Castle (to access more rooms and other things)
Buy/Sell at the Castle or at Towns
Be awesome.

~The Game Master~
I am Matt, and I am the GM. I will be controlling the environments, the bosses, the EXP and the dropped items. I will update this game at least once a day. I have added a âMessage Boardâ section to the GM Sheet (it lists all the elements of the game per day) to ask me questions or make suggestions, such as âCan I use this weapon?â or âI think you need more elemental monsters.â If you complain, complain there. If you complain frequently, you will be dealt with. I am, ultimately, the final authority on this game. Donât freak out, I always reply to comments and I will provide hints if you need them.

There will be action, comedy, cut-scenes (for boss kills) and hidden references. I may throw out a âGuess this thing, get 200 EXPâ every so often. You may find shout-outs to movies or video games along the way. If you have a good idea for a new weapon/armor/boss, post it in my âMessage Boardâ section.

~The Sheets~
There are several sheets you will see and you need to understand them. Iâll post all of them right off.

GM Sheet: This gives the day, weather, time, castle stats, character sheets, and several other important elements. Pay attention to this. When it is rainy, you wonât be able to see monsters as quickly. When it is dark, more monsters will spawn. Etc.

Class Sheet: This gives the templates for all classes, along with a description of each.

The Store: All available items, plus prices.

The Starter Packs: Previous players can choose TWO (yes, I changed it to TWO) of the following:
-Your previous Level (to find better weapons and armor and such)!
-Any one weapon or armor item!
-Your previous location (if you were in a dungeon or something)!
-Your companion or pet!
-A 50% Coupon for all (yes, ALL) Castle Store items (the Level limit still applies, donât buy L8 armor if youâre L5)! This is called the â50-POCâ (50 percent off coupon) and it is an Inventory item.

Good News: The Castles will NOT be attacked or breached anytime soon, so don't spend Gold on defeneses. Go adventuring.

• 691 Replies
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

1- I can dual-wield? ...Oh. YAY. I will definitely do that then. Screw shields, i'll kill the enemies before they even have a chance to attack!

2-Awwwww. Okay then. ...Wait a minute! The Zodiac Sword doesn't have any attack/defense bonuses! It just has 12 randomly powerful abilities. ...Ah, I think you got a bit confused. My character had 3 main fighting styles (Protector/Enforcer/Savage) in other games (Play Monsters Den Chronicles and you'll understand), and gains different bonuses in each form. He can only have one set of bonuses at a time. Does that help?

3-One sec. *Reads page 1 again* ...I choose...My previous level...wait a minute, I was level 9001 so...Gimme level 6. And also the 50% Off coupon.

4-Got the whole "Fight the GM for legendary stuff whenever you want, if you dare" thing from my game, right? It's a great feature.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

1. Haha more than likely but don't let it go to your head too fast!

2. Not really...you're basically assigning three class mods to yourself based on a weapon. No one else will ever have that option. You attack, you defend, you counter, etc. You can't go into "beast-mode" or heal yourself (unless you get Healing items, which you can)

3. Alright, I'll update the sheet, but be aware that you will start with L1 items and will have to work your way up. Then again, you get immediate access to awesome stuff in stores (once you save up)

4. Yes it is. I'll explain my sword at some point. Here's my stat sheet.

THE GAME MASTER: Shut your girl mouth!
Name: Matt (LX), X HP, X MP
Class: Game Master, Guardian of Terrus
Weapon: Mattâs Chaos Buster
Armor: Mattâs Trench Coat
Inventory (4/4): PET (100%), MCB Fuel Cell (5), Legendary Deck (Summons), Mattâs Deck (Cards)

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

-GM Sheet-

Day: 2
Weather: Thunderstorm and Thick Rain
Time: Night 1/8 (Day or Night out of 8)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Theonewhoplays, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)
Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (0/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Curved Dagger (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (0)
Name: Kylelolcat, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Gold (10)
Name: Max, 180 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (10),
Summondex: (1/?) Red Bear (L1 [100MP])
Name: SubZero, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Elvish Straightbow (L2), Hunting Knife (L2)
Armor: Leather Ranger Armor (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Arrows (-/-), Hunting Knife (L2), Gold (15)
Name: Magic, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing Knife (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)
Name: Vekel Kasivius, 1100 HP, 0 MP
Class: Barbarian, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), War Hatchet (L1)
Armor: Skin (L6), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Round Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (0)

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Patrick2011, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Archer, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Long bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Inventory: (2/10) M Capture Orb (@50), 50-POC, Gold (15)
Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25)
Name: Gamer, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 5500 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (4400/8000)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Hides (L3)
Inventory (2/10): Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)
Name: pang, 200 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: (0)
Name: Bluydee, 200 HP, 250 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-50 [50MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: 0

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

~Castle Terrus of the Kingdom~
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1
Flatwater Lake (L1), Towns: ???
Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???

-----------------
Battle:

Name: Kylelolcat, 380 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), TnT
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Knight's Shield (L1)
-----------------VS--------------------
Panther Sensai: Lvl 3, 170 HP 0 MP
Class: Trainer, Panther
Weapon: Panther Claws (T3), Panther Fangs (T3), Retracting Blade (T3)
Armor: Midnight Tunic (T3)
Inventory (1/10): Stealth Robe

You focus and relax, using your senses to follow the Pantherâs breathing and quiet steps. The room has been arched so that sounds echo, giving him an advantage, but you can still track him. He lunges out from the left! You parry his claw attack with the TnT, burning his leg for 20 + 10! The Panther yowls and jumps back, snarling. Youâve done an excellent job of being particularly vicious with him. Unfortunately, he is having trouble dealing with your armor. He attacks again from behind, dealing 5! The Panther is aware that he is at a disadvantage. You follow him with your hearing when he suddenly stops breathing. You turn and are greeted with a low growl directly above your head. The Panther is clinging to a pillar above you! He slashes your head, hitting your helmet and dealing 10 more!

---

Name: Bluydee, 85 HP, 50 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-50 [50MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex (1/?): Lightning Bishop (Rare L2. 80HP [100MP])
------------------------VS--------------------
Name: The Rook (L3), 0 HP, 0 MP
Class: Dungeon Boss, Chess piece
Weapon: Body-Slide (L3), Body-Shockwave (L3)
Armor: Solid Stone (L3)
Inventory: (1/10) Dungeon Chest (inside)

(Boss Battle: You will always be in a chess square. The Rook will move as a rook piece: in a straight line, in any direction. Body-Shockwave allows him to jump and create a single attack in all directions. The Bishop will attack him only if he is diagonally spaced, but can move in any direction by one square. You can move in any direction by one square, then attack. You can choose to not attack to restore 50 MP)

You execute a cutscene kill! The Bishop swings the chain and grapples the Rook at its base. Then, with a solid jerk, pulls it over onto its side! You jump forward and, with one well-placed kick, hit it directly in the eye, killing it instantly!

Dungeon Boss defeated!
All HP and MP restored!
EXP: L3 Boss (300), +L2 Map Bonus (100) = +400 EXP = 550XP
Level up to L5! 200/200, 300/300, 500/500, 550/750

Bonus:
HP: L3(100) + L4(100) + L5(200) = 400 HP
MP: L3(50) + L5 (100) = 150 MP
G: L3 Boss (30G), + L2 Map Bonus (10G) = 40G + L3(10) + L4(10) + L5(15) = 75G
Lightning Bishop: L5. The Bishop is now stronger but requires more MP to Summon. His HP will be his level x 100, and his MP requirement will be half of his level x 100. It makes sense, sort of. Youâll figure it out.
Boss Chest: ??? (Youâll have to open it)

Defense Book L5.
Attack Book L5.
The Attack/Defense Book bonuses are still in progress. Iâm trying to find a balanced way to upgrade each of them slowly. As of now, Iâm giving you a new Attack and a boosted Defense. Youâve already won a ton of stuff because I didnât realize how much of a bonus you were going to get and how close you were to leveling up (meh), so if you have a suggestion, make it, but donât demand more.

Your stat sheet as of now (I think, because that was a LOT to change):
Name: Bluydee, 600 HP, 400 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 5, EXP (550/750)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Gold (85)
Summondex (1/?): Lightning Bishop (Rare L5. 500HP [250MP]

Go open the chest. Then go shopping. No more Dungeons for a while, plz..

---

Class: Knight, Level 3, EXP (0/300)
-------------------------VS---------------------
Name: Wolfdog (L2), 135 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Wolf
Weapon: Wolf Claws (L2), Wolf Fangs (L2)
Armor: Wolfdog Fur (L2)
Inventory: None

You ram the Wolfdog with your shield, doing 15! The Wolfdog retaliates and slashes at you, but you block with your shield and take 0! The Wolfdog leaves a few nasty scratches in your shield, though.

(ProTip: If you ram an enemy twice with a shield, you will Stun it for one turn. This varies on enemy strength and shield strength, but in this case the shield-stun requires two consecutive, or near consecutive, hits. Also, your L1 Knightâs Shield cannot take infinite damage. As a Knight, you will have a better chance to dodge enemy attacks, but you will still need a good shield. After the battle, I recommend you do a bit of shopping. Also, be aware of the weather! It is dark and raining. The light you have comes from dozens of torches on buildings around the village. The elves, being clever, build small cast-iron covers above them to keep the rain off. Best of luck!)

--------------
Story:

@Gamer
The elf nods. Heâs not particularly interested in your story, but some elves are like that, especially to Anarchists. Iâll update your stat sheet, because Iâm awesome. Details have been placed in parenthesis and brackets to keep me on track. You are a dangerous man, Gamer, with your stabby bow and extra-large arrowheads. Excellent.

Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s): Assassin Bow (L5) (Bayonet)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-) [Deep Impact], Gold (15)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)

You return to the Castle, dripping wet and cold. You think maybe you should have gotten that Ranger Hood after all. Selphy looks particularly grumpy, as she has only Monster Fur for clothing, which is comfortable but not waterproof. Dungeons and Rooms are found in the Great Hall. As of now, there are four doors. Not all of them can be opened. Some require specific keys or passwords. Examine all the doors so you know what to look for in future adventures. Also, you can make more doors available by buying Great Hall II at the Castle Store (II is as high as it goes for now. All current Castle upgrades are 10G. Scroll up and read the Buildings section of CASTLE - ANARCHY for other upgradables).

@Sonic: Be aware of the weather!
(You keep leaving the Name section off your Stat Sheet. I still need that. Also, Steel Chain wasnât an item at the store. I assume you meant Link Chain. Correct me if Iâm wrong)
Stat Sheet updated for free!

Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (50/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1) [Link Chain]
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (15)

Mella smiles again. âTrue, a facemask is not an essential to blending in, but it is a very key part of being an Assassin. Your skin becomes brighter in the dark and can expose the face. My hair and mask remove that risk. My mask also provides a health bonus, and itâs quite comfortable.â She slips it back over her nose. âIt also sends a very clear message. My target does not need to see my mouth or chin. The last thing they will see before I kill them is the glint of death in my eyes.â

@rick
You enter the door to find an identical room. The same chest and table are here, but the scroll is different. It shows a very basic map, with a cloud, a patch of grass, a river and the sun. Underneath the drawing is a message
Has a bed, but never sleeps
Has a mouth, but never talks.
Always runs, never walks

Beside the scroll are four wooden tiles. One is white, one is green, one is blue and one is orange. It appears to be a very basic push-button puzzle (although, since you solved the other room, you will only get one chance to solve this one).

@Max
(You read up on pangâs battle? Cheater. You are banished!..nah not really. Yes, you can execute a chain, but you must be taught how to do it first. Iâll make an exception for you here, because itâs your first one. You can read other characterâs stories and can learn their moves, but you will have to go through the motions, and the motions vary slightly per character, so itâll never be copy/paste)

You block, then kick the Barbarian in the chest, sending a wave of pain through your leg that nearly numbs your foot. It felt like kicking the stone block of the Castleâs wall. The Barbarian laughs again as he often does. âVery clever! I was about to tell you to do that. You are imaginative, and that is a priceless advantage. Iâm afraid itâs not going to work very well on me, but you seem to have the block tactic down.â He takes your staff from you in one swift motion and, to your amazement, slams it against his forehead, busting the staff to pieces. âBut you may want to be a bit careful with who you experiment on, eh?â He tosses you the L2 staff. âI hope this serves you well.â

+Mageâs Staff (L2)
+50 EXP. Level up! 200/300 EXP
L3 Rewards: +100 HP, +50 MP, +10 G. Update your sheet. Iâm tired.

@SubZero
You follow Matt into the main castle, which is defended by another set of gates that arenât nearly as large as the first set. You notice a guard post on either side of the castle, but they are long since abandoned. The Great Hall is a ruin, with all of the furnishings and banners gone or torn, but there is plenty of light from two of fireplaces in each wall. Matt walks down the lane, glancing at the doors as he goes. You walk up a short, curved staircase that leads up to a second floor only about ten feet above the first and approach a heavy wooden door, reinforced by metal brackets and a solid lock. Matt pushes the door open, ignoring the lock, and you enter the Armory.

Itâs a long, rectangular room with an open arch instead of a door at each end and one directly ahead. Each door leads to a second rectangular room. The entire thing is shaped like a large circle with four rectangles surrounding it (the circle being the room directly ahead). Choose a room to explore (one of the four rectangles, including the one youâre standing in, or the circular one).

--------------
Message Board:

@EPIC
Alright, Stat Sheet added to Kingdom Heroes. I think itâs right. I had to make some HP adjustments for the Warrior being an HP-based character, but youâre going to need it to avoid taking elemental damage. You are a meat shield. Warrior/Barbarians are all muscle and taller/wider than any other playable character and they can dual-wield, which means, for you, itâs all about taking care of business as fast and as violently as possible, because you dodge very little and have no immediate resistance to elemental damage.

Anyway. L6 and 50-POC. As of now, I have only L1 and L2 maps going and an L3. Youâre not going to have much trouble with the general monster population, but you need to buy cool stuff and hunt down the Legendaries, because youâre not going to tomahawk your way to victory in two turns against the Lady of the Lake. Ask rick.

END GM Sheet

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

AllPlayers:
At least three or four of you leveled up or bought something. You will notice that they have not been updated in the GM Sheet. That is because I am dumb. They have all been corrected and will be posted in the next GM Sheet.

@Max,
Here. I went ahead and updated it. Pretty sure it's correct.

Name: Max, 300 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 3, EXP (200/300)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (20),

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

I do one more shield bash then try to do a two strike sword combo.

gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s): Assassin Bow (L5) (Bayonet)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-) [Deep Impact], Gold (15)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)

@Gamer
The elf nods. Heâs not particularly interested in your story, but some elves are like that, especially to Anarchists. Iâll update your stat sheet, because Iâm awesome. Details have been placed in parenthesis and brackets to keep me on track. You are a dangerous man, Gamer, with your stabby bow and extra-large arrowheads. Excellent.

You return to the Castle, dripping wet and cold. You think maybe you should have gotten that Ranger Hood after all. Selphy looks particularly grumpy, as she has only Monster Fur for clothing, which is comfortable but not waterproof. Dungeons and Rooms are found in the Great Hall. As of now, there are four doors. Not all of them can be opened. Some require specific keys or passwords. Examine all the doors so you know what to look for in future adventures. Also, you can make more doors available by buying Great Hall II at the Castle Store (II is as high as it goes for now. All current Castle upgrades are 10G. Scroll up and read the Buildings section of CASTLE - ANARCHY for other upgradables).

I tell selphy to go rest and dry up while I go and check out the prices for the castle store.
How powerful are the deep impact arrows and how strong is the bayonet, also can would it be possible to raid the other castle or is that still under progress???
ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

-------------------------VS---------------------
Name: Wolfdog (L2), 135 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Wolf
Weapon: Wolf Claws (L2), Wolf Fangs (L2)
Armor: Wolfdog Fur (L2)
Inventory: None

You go for a shield bash, but the Wolfdog is not so gullible and jumps back, then attacks. You get under him with a two-strike combo, dealing 10 and 10 again! (Head and Neck strikes will do critical damage. Underbelly hits will also do extra damage. If you're clever enough, you may be able to break a limb, and when you get him down to 5-10 HP, I'll let you have a cutscene kill. However, be aware that you will not be able to stab an enemy in the face every time, especially since you are low level and have L1 gear)

@Gamer
Questions, questions. Alright, first things first.
1. Go to the Anarchy part of the GM Sheet and look at this section:
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
The Great Hall, Hospital and Vault can be upgraded for 10G. Anything labeled (L1) can be upgraded for 10G. That's the base price. It will go up as I find ways to make the Castle bigger. You can also buy a random room (like, say, an Observatory) just to explore the Castle further, or stumble upon cool things.
2. The Deep Impact arrows will add somewhere around 5-15 Damage to any arrow strike, depending where you hit your enemy. As you level up, the extra damage will get stronger as well, since the mod has no level. Getting a better bow will also increase the damage.
3. The bayonet is, right now, a cool idea I'm working with. It eliminates the need to change weapons for a fast stab attack. If you wonder what it looks like, it's about 8 inches long and sticks out of the front of the bow, just below the handgrip, with the sharp side facing the ground. It's an L5 weapon, so it will last, as long as you don't try to stab an L10 Boss made of solid graite or something. It's a steel dagger. It will last as long as you use it correctly.
4. The other Castle is literally on the far end of Terra Novus. Literally the other side of the world, since this world is flat (don't look surprised). I actually said that they were on opposite sides of the world in the storyline. In other words, you won't be able to reach the other Castle. Assuming you can, you will be up against a solid stone wall, a huge gate, five giant crossbows, ten mounted knights and ten foot soldiers. You wil be impaled many times.

The attacked/breached/stolen idea is for the potential that goblins, monsters, etc attack your Castle at some point. If you don't want it raided, you have to buy L2 stuff, get more guards, wall defenses, and on it goes. I haven't implemented it yet because I know how insanely frustrating that would be for players that didn't return to the Castle often.

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25)

@rick
You enter the door to find an identical room. The same chest and table are here, but the scroll is different. It shows a very basic map, with a cloud, a patch of grass, a river and the sun. Underneath the drawing is a message
Has a bed, but never sleeps
Has a mouth, but never talks.
Always runs, never walks

Beside the scroll are four wooden tiles. One is white, one is green, one is blue and one is orange. It appears to be a very basic push-button puzzle (although, since you solved the other room, you will only get one chance to solve this one).

I press the blue tile.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

@rick
The chest clicks open. Good riddle solving.
+Stone Key (You have two, add them to your inventory)
+50 EXP

The table and all with it vaporize in a cloud of grey smoke. Floor Two is officially complete.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,883 posts

"Fair enough, but if you can't get in by night, then your best bet is to get in by day and blend in with the crowd. it also allows for surprise to happen if they wasn't expecting an assassination, and the shock could give enough time to put quite the distance between you and pursuers."

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,883 posts

(You keep leaving the Name section off your Stat Sheet. I still need that. Also, Steel Chain wasnât an item at the store. I assume you meant Link Chain. Correct me if Iâm wrong)
Stat Sheet updated for free!

Mella smiles again. âTrue, a facemask is not an essential to blending in, but it is a very key part of being an Assassin. Your skin becomes brighter in the dark and can expose the face. My hair and mask remove that risk. My mask also provides a health bonus, and itâs quite comfortable.â She slips it back over her nose. âIt also sends a very clear message. My target does not need to see my mouth or chin. The last thing they will see before I kill them is the glint of death in my eyes.â

Quoted because I forgot a thing.
gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

@Gamer
Questions, questions. Alright, first things first.
1. Go to the Anarchy part of the GM Sheet and look at this section:
The Great Hall, Hospital and Vault can be upgraded for 10G. Anything labeled (L1) can be upgraded for 10G. That's the base price. It will go up as I find ways to make the Castle bigger. You can also buy a random room (like, say, an Observatory) just to explore the Castle further, or stumble upon cool things.
2. The Deep Impact arrows will add somewhere around 5-15 Damage to any arrow strike, depending where you hit your enemy. As you level up, the extra damage will get stronger as well, since the mod has no level. Getting a better bow will also increase the damage.
3. The bayonet is, right now, a cool idea I'm working with. It eliminates the need to change weapons for a fast stab attack. If you wonder what it looks like, it's about 8 inches long and sticks out of the front of the bow, just below the handgrip, with the sharp side facing the ground. It's an L5 weapon, so it will last, as long as you don't try to stab an L10 Boss made of solid graite or something. It's a steel dagger. It will last as long as you use it correctly.
4. The other Castle is literally on the far end of Terra Novus. Literally the other side of the world, since this world is flat (don't look surprised). I actually said that they were on opposite sides of the world in the storyline. In other words, you won't be able to reach the other Castle. Assuming you can, you will be up against a solid stone wall, a huge gate, five giant crossbows, ten mounted knights and ten foot soldiers. You wil be impaled many times

Then I purchase the great hall upgrade.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

@Sonic
Mella glances at you, almost amused. "I have yet to encounter an assassination that I couldn't do by night. All it takes is patience." She wipes her hand across the mask and you see, amazingly, it has turned from black with red detail to a light green with white detail (curls and lines, making a Celtic-style pattern). "If that is not enough, it is a custom of some female elves, especially those who have never been with a man, to wear a veil across their face when in the company of other races. It is not often displayed or practiced anymore, but it is not foreign. I have a beautiful green and silver tunic and skirt that match, along with tall, laced leather boots. It is an excellent disguise, and the long sleeves..."

She flicks her wrist and a lethal single-edged blade, engraved with her name and razor sharp, springs out of her assassin robe "...are more than enough." The blade returns to her hand in a fraction of a second. She glances up at the falling rain and lightning. "Perhaps you and I should part ways, as the storm will no doubt last the night and most of tomorrow. You're getting drenched without a hood, though." She pulls an assassin hood (L2) from under the counter. "I hadn't meant to sell these today, but the weather is bleak. This latches to your robe and covers your head. It will keep the rain out and the heat in, and I have one that is the same color as your robe. They were to be sold at 15G, but I will sell you one for 5G, since I have sold little lately and you have been very polite."

(Note: Since I've enjoyed working with Mella so far, and she is starting to develop a character, I may make her a potential teammate or adventuring companion. I haven't yet figured out how. You're not going to defeat her in combat anytime soon, she has a long list of weapons and is well-taught in pressure points and flexibility. I suggest you return to the elf village again sometime, if you're interested in gaining a partner. However, out of everyone, you are the only person who will have the chance, since you are an Assassin of the Kingdom. Until then, I'll work out a plan, and a sketch of her)

@Gamer
Great Hall II unlocked. I will change it on the GM Sheet (once a Castle section has been upgraded, it is upgraded for all players. Also, you didn't re-print your stat sheet with the deducted gold. Make sure you remember to deduct it, because I may not).

The Great Hall I had four doors, although not all of them could be opened. The Great Hall II has four new doors. Some are locked. Some require cleverness or special items. Some let you straight into a new puzzle room, although you will have to think. We're talking about the Castle, which was designed to keep foreign invaders from robbing it. It will take skill and cleverness!

And I'm adding an Armory, with replicas of ancient and Legendary weapons, along with stats and details. You won't be able to take them for free, but you WILL get information on them and a clue or two on finding the Legendary Bosses that guard them. If you're a level 6, and you find a cool Legendary weapon, you won't be able to use it if it's L10. Visiting the Armory can help you avoid the mistake. Plus, it's raining and thundering outside anyway.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,451 posts

Name: Viet Anh, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class:Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1) Throwing knife (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

Is this ok?

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
291 posts

Name: Max, 280 HP, 350 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (200/300)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (20),

(You read up on pangâs battle? Cheater. You are banished!..nah not really. Yes, you can execute a chain, but you must be taught how to do it first. Iâll make an exception for you here, because itâs your first one. You can read other characterâs stories and can learn their moves, but you will have to go through the motions, and the motions vary slightly per character, so itâll never be copy/paste)

You block, then kick the Barbarian in the chest, sending a wave of pain through your leg that nearly numbs your foot. It felt like kicking the stone block of the Castleâs wall. The Barbarian laughs again as he often does. âVery clever! I was about to tell you to do that. You are imaginative, and that is a priceless advantage. Iâm afraid itâs not going to work very well on me, but you seem to have the block tactic down.â He takes your staff from you in one swift motion and, to your amazement, slams it against his forehead, busting the staff to pieces. âBut you may want to be a bit careful with who you experiment on, eh?â He tosses you the L2 staff. âI hope this serves you well.â

(Hee, just dabbed a little while looking for the kingdom upgrade post earlier, and to see how people got rewarded their stuff. As for the combo/chain thing, it was suppose to be 3: parry strike, ram to 'unbalance', then kick to knock over -- gives me time to cast a spell or get away, while they are getting up -- but meh, seems I'll have to learn them to use them.)

"Hee, thanks for the compliment, and the staff." I thank him. "Now then, I best rest up my leg, so if I may excuse myself I'll see you again some other time." Excusing myself, I'll head over, limpingly due to my leg, to the kingdom's Vault and deposit my bear fur, thinking I might need some other time. Once deposited, I'll head over, limping again(?), to the kingdom's store and browse their wares. [I think it was in the same post as the Castle- Buildings, thing I was checking for earlier, page 27. I've checked it, so I know the prices, though you can check if I'm being dishonest.] "I'd like to buy this Hunting Hood[10G], since it's raining, and... Hmm, are the Mage Satchel enchanted, or does it just hold your books*?" I ask. (*Count the 2 books as 1 inventory slot)

@Max,
Here. I went ahead and updated it. Pretty sure it's correct.

Name: Max, 300 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 3, EXP (200/300)

Thanks, but from my calculations, I got 280 HP and 350 MP; HP - Last time I checked it was at 180, so with +100 from leveling, it's 280; MP - Had 300, last time, so with the +50, it's 350.

Ps. Did you mix the bonus HP and MP? Seems like it to me, because it mages were suppose to have low HP, and a +100 addition seems pretty high. Just want to get it clarified, since it seems odd to me.

-Mage Satchel: Holds your books in a more convenient style! 10G

Opinion -- Reanalyzing the item, Mage Satchel, I can't say if it's useful or not, since you only need to carry 2(?) books -- though you only have an inventory of 10, unless you add 'bags' to they game, it could be useful, but not very, to me, since it only frees 1 slot; unless you allow it to hold a set amount of potions, make scrolls[can cast spells for no mp, but time/turns(?) due to reading, and maybe all classes can use.], or something, it doesn't seem that 'useful' -- though I wouldn't really know anything about drops, only been in one battle and it was with a monster.
Showing 391-405 of 691