ForumsForum GamesThe Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

691 59243
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

The Two Castles

~The Story~
The story begins with Castle Terrus, the greatest landmark in the world of Terra Novus. The castle itself was over a mile wide and housed thousands upon thousands of citizens. The King was a just and honorable man and ruled his kingdom from his castle in an age of peace that spanned nearly a thousand years. All was quiet and calm. Then, as with all stories, a single man became prideful. He saw that the King was aged and vulnerable. He was living in a generation that had never heard of war, much less seen it. He forced his way to the throne room and demanded the king bow to him. The King drew his sword. Enraged, the man vowed that he would not rest until Terrus had fallen.

The days grew dark after that. Swords were forged. Speeches were given. Hatred and envy grew. The King and the Man built their armies continually. The citizens of Castle Terrus experienced fear for the first time. An era of war and hatred was coming. The King, in his wisdom, knew that he could stop the oncoming war by stopping the Man behind it. He challenged him to a duel on the tallest tower. He accepted at once. When he arrived, the King grabbed him, disarmed him and threw himself, along with the Man, from the tower to their death.

The result was chaos. The armies, both bent on avenging their fallen leader, decimated each other. The mighty Castle Terrus fell. Each side retreated from each other to the edge of Terra Novus. There they decided to build their own castle. One for the Kingdom and the future restoration of peace, and one for Anarchy and the future destruction of peace.

Ages and ages passed, each side building a greater and taller and mightier castle. Each passed to the next generation their quest: to build the castle and fight. However, as the generations passed, that message faded away. Now, the castle residents live as they please, enjoying the freedom from the influence of the other castle. This is where your story begins: in the age of the Two Castles.

~The Rules~
READ THEM

-This is an adventure RPG. You will be fighting monsters, finding chests, solving Dungeons, killing bosses and earning all kinds of epic Legendary gear. It is divided into classes and involves turn-based combat. If thatâs what youâre looking for, this is it.
-No profanity, crude language, lewd comments, etc.
-No spam, trolling, etc.
-No âgod-modding.â You are not a superpowered Destroyer of Worlds. You are a human.
-Use correct grammar and spelling. Donât expect much from me if you donât try.
-This is a level-based game with level-based weapons. You will start at L1, which means all your weapons will be L1. You can ONLY equip weapons/armor at your level. You have a 10-Item inventory to store items until later use, along with a Castle Vault (more on that later)
-No hunger, thirst, stamina or exhaustion stats. Yay!
-Players who played the previous version, âEpicâs Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG,â will receive a Starter Pack bonus (more below)

~The Game~
You are a Hero of the Kingdom or a Hero of the Anarchy. Each side has a castle. For a very basic reference, imagine the original Red-vs-Blue âHALOâ map. Neither side has superior elements. Names will be changed on weapons and enemies may be different, but nothing significant.
You are loyal to your Castle and your Castle alone. You cannot defect.
This what you do:
Travel to different locations (on the Active Map) to fight monsters, explore dungeons, etc.
Explore the Castle (your castle is old and full of secrets. Locked doors, hidden rooms, etc).
Upgrade the Castle (to access more rooms and other things)
Buy/Sell at the Castle or at Towns
Be awesome.

~The Game Master~
I am Matt, and I am the GM. I will be controlling the environments, the bosses, the EXP and the dropped items. I will update this game at least once a day. I have added a âMessage Boardâ section to the GM Sheet (it lists all the elements of the game per day) to ask me questions or make suggestions, such as âCan I use this weapon?â or âI think you need more elemental monsters.â If you complain, complain there. If you complain frequently, you will be dealt with. I am, ultimately, the final authority on this game. Donât freak out, I always reply to comments and I will provide hints if you need them.

There will be action, comedy, cut-scenes (for boss kills) and hidden references. I may throw out a âGuess this thing, get 200 EXPâ every so often. You may find shout-outs to movies or video games along the way. If you have a good idea for a new weapon/armor/boss, post it in my âMessage Boardâ section.

~The Sheets~
There are several sheets you will see and you need to understand them. Iâll post all of them right off.

GM Sheet: This gives the day, weather, time, castle stats, character sheets, and several other important elements. Pay attention to this. When it is rainy, you wonât be able to see monsters as quickly. When it is dark, more monsters will spawn. Etc.

Class Sheet: This gives the templates for all classes, along with a description of each.

The Store: All available items, plus prices.

The Starter Packs: Previous players can choose TWO (yes, I changed it to TWO) of the following:
-Your previous Level (to find better weapons and armor and such)!
-Any one weapon or armor item!
-Your previous location (if you were in a dungeon or something)!
-Your companion or pet!
-A 50% Coupon for all (yes, ALL) Castle Store items (the Level limit still applies, donât buy L8 armor if youâre L5)! This is called the â50-POCâ (50 percent off coupon) and it is an Inventory item.

Good News: The Castles will NOT be attacked or breached anytime soon, so don't spend Gold on defeneses. Go adventuring.

• 691 Replies
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

Name: Vekel Kasivius, 1100 HP, 0 MP
Class: Barbarian, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), War Hatchet (L1)
Armor: Skin (L6), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Round Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (0)

(I will post once a day, maybe twice if I get on early.)

I head to the Great hall of my castle, and open one of the doors. Doesn't matter which one. Let's get some gold and stuff!

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (150/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25), Stone key (2)

@rick
The chest clicks open. Good riddle solving.
+Stone Key (You have two, add them to your inventory)
+50 EXP

The table and all with it vaporize in a cloud of grey smoke. Floor Two is officially complete.

I go to floor three.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) M Capture Orb (@50), 50-POC, Gold (15)
-------------------------VS---------------------
Name: Wolfdog (L2), 135 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Wolf
Weapon: Wolf Claws (L2), Wolf Fangs (L2)
Armor: Wolfdog Fur (L2)
Inventory: None

I attempt to counter it's next attack.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,511 posts

Name: Bluydee, 600 HP, 400 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 5, EXP (550/750)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Gold (85)
Summondex (1/?): Lightning Bishop (Rare L5. 500HP [250MP]

I open the chest.

gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s): Assassin Bow (L5) (Bayonet)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-) [Deep Impact], Gold (5)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)

@Gamer
Great Hall II unlocked. I will change it on the GM Sheet (once a Castle section has been upgraded, it is upgraded for all players. Also, you didn't re-print your stat sheet with the deducted gold. Make sure you remember to deduct it, because I may not).

The Great Hall I had four doors, although not all of them could be opened. The Great Hall II has four new doors. Some are locked. Some require cleverness or special items. Some let you straight into a new puzzle room, although you will have to think. We're talking about the Castle, which was designed to keep foreign invaders from robbing it. It will take skill and cleverness!

I head to go examine the new doors and the old doors.

You wil be impaled many times

As for the being impaled several times, where is that L10 granite boss when you need him.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

-GM Sheet-

Day: 2
Weather: Thunderstorm and Thick Rain
Time: Night 2/8 (Day or Night out of 8)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Theonewhoplays, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)
Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (50/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1) [Link Chain]
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (15)
Name: Kylelolcat, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Gold (10)
Name: Max, 300 HP, 300 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 3, EXP (200/300)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (20),
Summondex: (1/?) Red Bear (L1 [100MP])
Name: SubZero, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Elvish Straightbow (L2), Hunting Knife (L2)
Armor: Leather Ranger Armor (L2)
Inventory: (2/10) Arrows (-/-), Hunting Knife (L2), Gold (15)
Name: Magic, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing Knife (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)
Name: Vekel Kasivius, 1100 HP, 0 MP
Class: Barbarian, Level 6, EXP (0/1000)
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), War Hatchet (L1)
Armor: Skin (L6), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Round Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (0)

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall II (Many locked doors are here)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Tavern (Play cards, hear rumors, get backstory)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Patrick2011, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Archer, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Long bow (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Class: Knight ,Level 3, EXP (0/300)
Name: Rick, 250 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Tower Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (3/10), Red Bear Fur (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1), 50-POC, Gold (25)
Name: Gamer, 770 HP, 200 MP
Class: Ranger, Level 6, EXP (250/1000)
Weapon(s): Assassin Bow (L5) (Bayonet)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-) [Deep Impact], Gold (15)
Name: Selphy (Gamer), 650 HP, 200 MP
Class: Archer, Level 5, EXP (250/750)
Weapon: Elfin Short bow (L4) + Poison (L2)
Armor: Monster Fur (L3)
Inventory (3/10): Arrows (-/-), Defense Book (L3: Healing 500 HP [50 MP]), Archerâs Poison Vial (L2)
Name: pang, 200 HP, 250 MP
Class: Summoner, Level 2, EXP (100/200)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Defense Book (L1: Heal-10HP [50 MP]), Gold (10)
Summondex: (0)
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Gold (85)

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

~Castle Terrus of the Kingdom~
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1
Flatwater Lake (L1), Towns: ???
Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???

-----------------
Battle:

Name: Kylelolcat, 380 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 4, EXP (0/500)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), TnT
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight's Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (1/10), Failsword (T9), Knight's Shield (L1)
-----------------VS--------------------
Panther Sensai: Lvl 3, 170 HP 0 MP
Class: Trainer, Panther
Weapon: Panther Claws (T3), Panther Fangs (T3), Retracting Blade (T3)
Armor: Midnight Tunic (T3)
Inventory (1/10): Stealth Robe

---

Class: Knight, Level 3, EXP (0/300)
-------------------------VS---------------------
Name: Wolfdog (L2), 120 HP, 0 MP
Class: Monster, Wolf
Weapon: Wolf Claws (L2), Wolf Fangs (L2)
Armor: Wolfdog Fur (L2)
Inventory: None

You wait, shield at the ready and sword raised. The wolf shakes the rain off of its coat, then lunges at you. You block his attack, then return with a solid hit to the neck, dealing 15! The Wolfdog jumps back, then immediately jumps forward again and grabs the side of your shield in an effort to pull it from your arm! Your stomach turns as you see a few cracks appear in your wooden shield.

@Bluydee
(You would have thought Iâd have prepared for all this way in advance. Nope).
Just before you open the chest, the Bishop explodes into a cloud of gray dust that hangs into the air, then is sucked back into the golden orb at your side. You swing the chest open.

Boss drop:
Mage Javelin (L4)! This Rare Mage-class weapon is a shorter-than-normal staff for casting MP with a large, steel spike at the top. Stab your enemies in a vicious melee attack for a guaranteed MP strike! Can be thrown as a last resort, but cannot be used until it is retrieved. Add it to your Weapons slot (and move the original staff to your Inventory to be sold later)! Howâs THAT for a Boss drop?

@Gamer
There are eight doors in the Hall as of now. You can examine four at a time (because Iâm still working on the other four. Give me a break, I just had to wrap up an L3 Boss battle). You start with the first two doors on the left and right.
Door R1: Unlocked. No symbol, but the door is a light wood and has a handle
Door R2: Locked. It is made of thick wood and has a larger-than-normal keyhole with a picture of a Rook above it (like a chess piece).
Door L1: Unlocked. It bears the symbol of a large barrel and has âCellarâ stamped on it.
Door L2: Locked. It has a Ranger symbol on it and a very odd keyhole that has three thin slots, making a triangle, as though it required three small metal points to be inserted at the same time.

(Why exactly are you looking for an L10 boss made of stone?)

--------------
Story:

@Max
(Iâm not sure why you still had 180. You will always have HP that ends in 50 or 00. You have HP restored after a battle, so it should have returned to its previous level. Also, yeah Iâm boosting HP too much. Iâm still working on a standard upgrade system for each class. Itâs hard to make a good balance. Iâll give you a smaller bonus.)

Name: Max, 250 HP, 350 MP
Inventory: (2/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Read Bear Fur, Gold (20),

(The Attack Book and Defense Book take up two slots. If you look at Bluydeeâs sheet, for example, he has 2 Inventory items: Attack Book and Defense Book, and Gold, but Gold is not part of Inventory. A Mage satchel was originally just a cool idea, but now that I think about it, if you put it in Inventory, you can store two book in only one slot. Youâre still out to get the other book, though, but you just learned a defense tactic that will be useful in low-level battles. I donât think anyone with a Defense Book has even used it yet).

You work your way to the Vault and add the Red Bear Fur to your Vault slot (it wonât go on the GM Sheet, so Iâll make a new document). You then head to the Kingdom Store. All the prices are the same. You buy a Hunting Hood, which actually looks pretty cool with the Mage Robe. You donât need the satchel right now, but it will be useful when you find/earn the Defense Book. Itâs still raining heavily, but fortunately the Castle Store is indoors. You consider your options. You can keep exploring, and, though you will remain dry, you will have less visibility and battles will be more difficult. You can explore the Castle. You can train with a Trainer (but, let me go ahead and tell you that there are no good Mage trainers. So far, a Knight for defense training, a Barbarian for weapon training and a Rare Trainer for instinct training. You can buy the Training Hall L2 to gain access to more trainers, though).

@EPIC
There are four doors in your Castleâs Great Hall. You find the first unlocked door and venture inside (although I recommend examining the other doors as well. Some are locked in ways that require special items from various places across the map, or have a keyhole or small puzzle). The room you enter is a wide, square shape with very little light, since the storm outside only lights up the room through the slotted windows when lightning flashes. The floor is five or six feet below you, but there is a stone staircase leading to ground floor. At the center of the room is a table of some kind, but itâs difficult to see the other parts of the room. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a fireplace set in the wall to your left, but it is unlit.

@rick
You unlock the back door and walk up to the next floor. The room is considerably smaller, since you are nearing the top of the castle. You are faced with the same set-up, although, instead of a door at the back wall, there is a thick stone pillar in front of you with a locked skull-emblem door. It apparently leads to a circular staircase. There are again two doors on either side. After a brief examination, though, you notice, on the other side of the pillar, that there is a keyhole in the middle of the stone. There is no door or hatch or even at outline. It is just a keyhole.

(ProTip: There are several things you can do here. Usually, a person finds a key on each floor and advances to the next. In this case, I very specifically made it so that you can earn two keys on each floor. Why? Because when you reach the final floor, you have a chance to go straight to the Boss room and skip the last puzzle. However! There is a second, mysterious keyhole that seems to lead to nowhere. You now have the choice to skip the puzzle and fight the boss, beat one puzzle and unlock both doors, beat one puzzle and save a key, and beat both puzzles, unlock both doors and have a key left over. There keys, though made of stone, may be useful elsewhere. Where else do you know of that has many locked doors?...)

--------------
Message Board:

@sasuke
You need to pick Kingdom or Anarchy.

END GM Sheet

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

AllPlayers:
Crap. I posted several updates in the "Battle" section instead of the "Story" section. Sorry. I'll fix it next GM Sheet. Carry on.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,511 posts

Weapon(s): Mage Javelin (L4)
Inventory: (3/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Mage Javelin, Gold (85)

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,511 posts

Inventory: (3/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Mage's Staff(L1), Gold (85)

Messed up on the inventory.
I go to the nearest town.

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
291 posts

(Iâm not sure why you still had 180. You will always have HP that ends in 50 or 00. You have HP restored after a battle, so it should have returned to its previous level. Also, yeah Iâm boosting HP too much. Iâm still working on a standard upgrade system for each class. Itâs hard to make a good balance. Iâll give you a smaller bonus.)

(The Attack Book and Defense Book take up two slots. If you look at Bluydeeâs sheet, for example, he has 2 Inventory items: Attack Book and Defense Book, and Gold, but Gold is not part of Inventory. A Mage satchel was originally just a cool idea, but now that I think about it, if you put it in Inventory, you can store two book in only one slot. Youâre still out to get the other book, though, but you just learned a defense tactic that will be useful in low-level battles. I donât think anyone with a Defense Book has even used it yet).

You work your way to the Vault and add the Red Bear Fur to your Vault slot (it wonât go on the GM Sheet, so Iâll make a new document). You then head to the Kingdom Store. All the prices are the same. You buy a Hunting Hood, which actually looks pretty cool with the Mage Robe. You donât need the satchel right now, but it will be useful when you find/earn the Defense Book. Itâs still raining heavily, but fortunately the Castle Store is indoors. You consider your options. You can keep exploring, and, though you will remain dry, you will have less visibility and battles will be more difficult. You can explore the Castle. You can train with a Trainer (but, let me go ahead and tell you that there are no good Mage trainers. So far, a Knight for defense training, a Barbarian for weapon training and a Rare Trainer for instinct training. You can buy the Training Hall L2 to gain access to more trainers, though). all classes can use.], or something, it doesn't seem that 'useful', though I wouldn't really know anything about drops, only been in one battle and it was with a monster.

(I checked around for the bonuses, to see how much you added earlier, for comparison, and you gave me +30HP and +50Mp, for my level up to 2. That's the reason it was at 180, page 11 if you want to check... Wait, we have a Rare Trainer? Wonder how I can find him/her.)

[Does rain conduct electricity here? If so, I wouldn't want to go battle outside till it clears up, electricutes myself, and fire is weak. As for Castle buildings, I think I'm to only one that went to the training hall for Kingdom, and just realized I'm the only magical class here.]

"Hmm, I don't want to go back training just yet, and want to explore a little, but raining, so I guess I'll explore the castle." Thinking to myself, I'll head to the Great Hall and enter the first unlocked door I see/open.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

@Bluydee
You are on Rook Island, a map that is singlular to being a Dungeon. There is no town here. For a good one (that has been well-developed), go to the White Forest.

@Max
Okay, well your HP should end with 50 or 00. Whatever your HP was prior to this, add 50 to it. Add 50 MP as well.

You cannot electrocute yourself. MP attacks occur only when you decide to execute them. If you are swimmming and you fire Lightning, you will get fried if your target is in water.

You enter the Great Hall. It is a wide, open hallway that has a set of stairs at the end of it, leading to a second story that is only five feet above the first. The first unlocked door you encounter is wooden and has no markings. The room you enter is a wide, square shape with very little light, since the storm outside only lights up the room through the slotted windows when lightning flashes. The floor is five or six feet below you, but there is a stone staircase leading to ground floor. At the center of the room is a table of some kind, but itâs difficult to see the other parts of the room. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a fireplace set in the wall to your left, but it is unlit.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts

@Sonic
Mella glances at you, almost amused. "I have yet to encounter an assassination that I couldn't do by night. All it takes is patience." She wipes her hand across the mask and you see, amazingly, it has turned from black with red detail to a light green with white detail (curls and lines, making a Celtic-style pattern). "If that is not enough, it is a custom of some female elves, especially those who have never been with a man, to wear a veil across their face when in the company of other races. It is not often displayed or practiced anymore, but it is not foreign. I have a beautiful green and silver tunic and skirt that match, along with tall, laced leather boots. It is an excellent disguise, and the long sleeves..."

She flicks her wrist and a lethal single-edged blade, engraved with her name and razor sharp, springs out of her assassin robe "...are more than enough." The blade returns to her hand in a fraction of a second. She glances up at the falling rain and lightning. "Perhaps you and I should part ways, as the storm will no doubt last the night and most of tomorrow. You're getting drenched without a hood, though." She pulls an assassin hood (L2) from under the counter. "I hadn't meant to sell these today, but the weather is bleak. This latches to your robe and covers your head. It will keep the rain out and the heat in, and I have one that is the same color as your robe. They were to be sold at 15G, but I will sell you one for 5G, since I have sold little lately and you have been very polite."

(Note: Since I've enjoyed working with Mella so far, and she is starting to develop a character, I may make her a potential teammate or adventuring companion. I haven't yet figured out how. You're not going to defeat her in combat anytime soon, she has a long list of weapons and is well-taught in pressure points and flexibility. I suggest you return to the elf village again sometime, if you're interested in gaining a partner. However, out of everyone, you are the only person who will have the chance, since you are an Assassin of the Kingdom. Until then, I'll work out a plan, and a sketch of her)

Name: Sonic, 150 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 2, EXP (50/200)
Weapon(s): True Light's Flight (L2), Throwing knife (L1) [Link Chain]
Inventory: (3/10) Wolfpup Fur (L1), Poison Vial, Gold (15)

I'll buy the assassin hood. "Thank you Mella"
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

@Sonic
(Update your sheet. +Assassin Hood (L2) in Armor, -5G)

Mella winks, then takes a long red tablecloth and covers her table with it. She turns, raises her hood and vanishes into the rain. You pull the hood on quickly to keep the rain off, then turn to see the courtyard now abandoned. Light is coming from torches attached to the outside of houses and buildings. The rain pours steadily, though, and a flash of lightning and a resounding *BOOM* inform you that the weather is not going to change for the better anytime soon.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,511 posts

Inventory: (3/10) Attack Book (L5: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP], Ice Wave [50MP]), Defense Book (L5: Heal-200 [100MP]), Mage's Staff(L1), Gold (85)

Then I go to the White Forest.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

@Bluydee
You enter the White Forest (L1). It's a peaceful place. Everything is green, except for the bleach-white trunks of the trees. To your right is a thick hedge that you can't quite get through. Ahead is a signpost with two arrows, but you can't read them without getting closer because of the rain.

Showing 406-420 of 691