ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI Want to Be Your Mental Poop || Theme: Instruments

114 59305
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hellow, Amwians! Meet my newest friend, Nereus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/NereusFace.png

Nereus is a shapeshifter. He is exactly 75 pixels and he wants to be your mental poop! If he likes what you make, then you can choose what he should be next!

Nereus wants to be a Monkey!

• 114 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

This is what happens when a teenage ghost decides to replace his sheet with post-it-notes.

http://i.imm.io/Zm3Q.png

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

@Nerdsoft: It must be exactly 75 pixels. You're more than a tad bit over.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Nerdsoft You have more than double 75 px.

@Salvidian You can't have different-sized, overlapping pixels. The pixels can be off-center or simply not on a grid system, but they can't overlap and they can't be different sizes.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

My submission, which also happens to be my first-ever pixel creation. It was fun to make so expect me to be relatively active on this thread. I hope the pic isn't too large.

Cornelius is his name. As atonement for the evil he did in life, he is in perpetual depression, and he has but one arm.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/073/2/2/crap_pixel_art_by_operationnilo-d5y2kd6.png

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

no, no thats good, now I can count pixels :3

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Today will be the last day to submit anything.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Heh, thanks.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Mine was actually 150 by 150, so only double. However:
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/Nerdsoft/AG%20Stuff/Ghost_zps8ceee60b.png

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

No! I was too late D:

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Mine was actually 150 by 150, so only double.

The size of the canvas doesn't necessarily matter. It's the artwork itself that must be drawn using exactly 75 pixels (the little square black dots used as the basis for every entry including yours).
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I resized it and, with a few modifications, it looks fine. However, I might be too late.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The problem wasn't with the size of the image, but with the number of pixels you used to create it Nerdsoft... have a look at your image and count the number of black squares you used to make the image please.

The maximum (according to the thread's rules) amount of pixels you are allowed to use for an image in this thread is 75 pixels in total. Having a quick look at your image, I can tell right away that you exceeded that amount with more than double the amount of pixels. =)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

While you shouldn't go over the 75 px, you shouldn't go under 75 px either. Going under isn't as bad since you can just add some pixels here and there, but you're less likely to be favored by Nereus. I don't count all of them before the round is over, only the ones that seem to be more. It turns aknerd is under by two and kegaumongo is over by five and StrategicCaptain by ten. I fall prey to perceptive differences.

Nereus had a lot of fun being ghosts from cute to scary to silly~! He felt one ghost stood a head above the rest, but first, the awards in reverse alphabetical order of the award, just to turn things on their head.

Zipped Lip Award - weirdlike
Nereus didn't feel very talkative.

Woooo! Fear me! Award - kegaumongo
Nereus felt eager to scare, but he felt like it was doing the opposite of scaring people.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters? Award - Ernie15
Nereus did not feel impressed by anything or even motivated to scare anything. In fact, he's pretty sure he used to be a hipster in his previous life.

The Big Kakuna Award - OperationNilo
Nereus felt angry, depressed, and frustrated like a poltergeist. He'd flip tables over, but he only has one arm, which makes him even more angry, depressed, and frustrated.

PacMania Award - light_chaser
Nereus felt scared that he might get eaten as ghost!

Oh, How Thothful of Yxou! Award - akhnerd
Nereus felt majestic and virtuous! But he also felt like he was missing a small part of himself, two pixels to be exact.

Licked (by a Haunter) Award - Salvidian
Nereus felt sickly, but maybe that had something to do with being stretched and squished and a ghost.

Ghastly Gangsta Award - StrategicCaptain
Nereus felt sprightly.

Dozens of Cousins Award - MrDayCee
Nereus felt happy being a ghost.

Do a Barrel Roll Award - Nerdsoft
Nereus had a lot of fun flying around.

Cthulhu Is That You? Award - gaboloth
Nereus felt creepy and scary without even trying to be creepy and scary.

Brother, Can You Scare a Dime Award - Doombreed
Nereus felt like he wanted something, like he was a ghost because he had unfinished business.

What type of ghost did Nereus like being the best? Nereus enjoyed being sarcastic. Ernie15 choose the next theme!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's been almost two days. Nereus is not happy. I should've developed some sort of 24-hr succession list. For future judgings, I will name a top three with a 24-hr forfeiture rule. If there is no theme within 24 hrs from the winner, the next person gets to choose the theme.

Nereus wants to be a Fruit! And he wants you to make use of his color-changing ability!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

First thing that came to mind was... how original... 'Banana'!

So, here's my stripping banana! Omnomnom... =)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8570372822_ba9e7502ba_d.jpg
Didn't know whether we could use 2 colors for Nereus, or that he changes to one color completely. If it were multi-color, I would have added black to make it more recognisable.

Showing 46-60 of 114