ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI Want to Be Your Mental Poop || Theme: Instruments

114 59298
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hellow, Amwians! Meet my newest friend, Nereus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/NereusFace.png

Nereus is a shapeshifter. He is exactly 75 pixels and he wants to be your mental poop! If he likes what you make, then you can choose what he should be next!

Nereus wants to be a Monkey!

• 114 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

We are moving along nicely. Extended deadline by a week so you have until Sunday.

@MagicTree You get a penalty for emphasizing your puns. >

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Nooooooo Gantic, you can't do this too me! Please forgive me! I just thought that I shudder emphasise the puns, so that people cold get it! No need to give me a cold shoulder, it won't happen again. Get my drift?

AxialCurses
AxialCurses
10 posts
Farmer

@MagicTree I bow to your far superior spacecraft. I'll admit, it's lightyears ahead of mine. Blew mine right into orbit. Quasar.

(Gantic can't penalize all of us. STAND TOGETHER, BRETHREN!)

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

@AxialCurses: I would join you, but Gantic is...just...too...poooweeerrrfuuulll!!

Look, I'm sorry if my picture eclipses you, but it would be lunar for me to just stand down and let you guys try to win. That would be out of this world!

Now, the universal rules of this competition never said anything about emphasizing puns. But if emphasizing puns is not allowed I will nova do it again. This whole "emphasizing puns" thing is causing a black hole in our teamwork and community, and is creating a terrible atmosphere. This cosmic disorder must stop!

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the Double Post :c

But I want to mention that I don't think my picture is super-amazing or anything, I'm saying this for the sake of puns!

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx182/aknerd/bigbike.png

Cheerio! I do say entering almost slipped my mind, what with the jolly good time I've been having atop this here velocipede, what what. Well, I'm off to the haberdasher, chocks away!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Nereus felt fast being your vehicles. He chose his top three vehicles below, but first, the awards in order of top speed from the fastest vehicle to the slowest.

Light Chaser Award - MagicTree
>670 million mph / >1 billion kph (upper limit unknown)
Nereus felt faster than the speed of light. He also felt like abducting cows and using a meat grinder for some reason.

Magic Tree (House) Award - AxialCurses
>25,000 mph / >40,000 kph (pretty close)
Nereus felt the need for speed and safety to reach the secret moonbase on the Moon.

Weird-like Award - ImTheMostManlyMan
>200 mph / >320 kph (approximated)
Nereus felt like he could go anywhere on Earth as this weird wedge-shaped single-windowed prototype car.

kegaumongo Award - kegaumongo
>100 mph / >160 kph (pretty close)
Nereus felt sturdy and reliable as a Renault Express.

Axial Curses Award - light_chaser
>75 mph / >120 kph (based on yellow school buses)
Nereus felt essential as a bus. He wasn't exactly sure what type of bus he was, but he certainly felt important.

Akh! A Beatles Nerd Award - weirdlike

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Forgot to put a space after < ...

Previous post continued:

Akh! A Beatles Nerd Award - weirdlike
< 50 mph / < 80 kph (based on personal submarines, top speed lower at greater depths
Nereus felt homey and friendly and inviting.

I'm The Most Manly Man Award - aknerd
< 25 mph / < 40 kph (based on the penny-farthing, but good luck getting that fast without going downhill)
Nereus felt very manly and wanted to grow a handlebar mustache and don a top hat and monocle. While not the fastest vehicle, he felt like he didn't need to be fast to go where he wanted. The world came to him.

Which vehicle did Nereus like best?

3rd place - penny-farthing (aknerd)
2nd place - UFO (MagicTree)
1st place - yellow submarine (weirdlike)

Nereus liked being the yellow submarine the best. Congratulations weirdlike! You have the next 24 hrs to choose the next thing Nereus should be.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Nereus really likes music and has decided on instruments

AxialCurses
AxialCurses
10 posts
Farmer

http://25.media.tumblr.com/65da6ad9799a42871e3f83cd959b7899/tumblr_ml2qj2LMHR1qfv5kto1_250.png
Top-down image of John Lennon's piano, mostly because I didn't have enough pixels to make it a traditional black Steinway. I still think it's pretty note-worthy. Pitch-perfect recreation, really. Detail was key to it all, and the result looks sharp.
[I hope these puns don't fall flat or diminish my work. I really hoped they would augment my submission.]

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ebegxv.png
Do you like my pan pipes? I think it blows the other pictures into perspective. My picture is at the top of the Liszt. It made me quite Bizet. When your're judging the pictures Gantic, it will be "Choppin change" until you reach my picture, which will be Hayden at the bottom of the Listz. But don't Strauss over my picture. All this "anyone can win" stuff is just Beethoven around the bush, because, to be Franck, my picture is a-Messiaen. No need to be Messiaen around, but remember, I'll be Bach for more puns.

AxialCurses
AxialCurses
10 posts
Farmer

All of that, without ever losing his composer. *applauds*

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MagicTree Double penalty for misspelling Haydn and Chopin! Accurate spelling is instrumental to a harmonious pun.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

@Gantic Aaargh, I should never type with my phone again! How can I beat the others with this sharp drop in my performance? I know you orchestrated this competition, but you are not being fair! I know that "good spelling is key to a good pun" is not falsetto, but maybe just tone down the penalty points, it's note such a big deal. Maybe I should legato of it. I can't change the rhythm or the tune of this contest, so I should tone down my anger. I don't want to be kicked out, this competition trills me. So I'm sorry Gantic.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Here's my attempt to draw some sort of electric guitar.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Guitarra3_zps09aacd4e.png

Showing 91-105 of 114