Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Will Christianity Die Out?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:05am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

So, you purposely create conflict, prejudice, and ignorance, and then use that as a reason to invalidate their religion?

hmmmmm. no.

If the Atheists are right, no-one will exist.

that should be on a tile above the fireplace. what a great joke.

If they are right, no-one will exist.

oke, you scare me now. is this really your logic? or just a troll action?

33% Christians and about 21% Muslim

the amount of followers doesn't say anything about how right they are.

once 100% of the population thought that the earth was flat.
turns out that 100% of the population was 100% wrong ;)

Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe and is fastly growing among India and the S.E. Asian countries. The traditionally Christian Europe is having relatively large Islamic sects, especially in France.

in france the extremist sects are more active then in other countries. but it's not larger.
also is the fastest growing religion in (west-)europe not a religion. it's atheism.

Atheists. You're supposed to be the intelligent, logical ones. Stop having ***** slapping fights with everyone else.

atheists are usualy on a friendly not whit buddhism/hinduism.
they are not whit the religions that indoctrinate people (mostly children) and glorify their believe above the others.

It would be strange to take that translation so literally.

why does god write in riddles?
the book is supposed to be proof for the religion. right?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:22am

mbbs112

mbbs112

164 posts

i dont think christianity will die out because right now i think its the worlds most populated religion and even though you guys think that if might not but you guys are saying somthing with sense as nowadays people barely go to church to pray anymore so yeah theres a good chance BTW im not a christian so im not taking anybodys side

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:35am

Reton8

Reton8

2,498 posts

why does god write in riddles?
the book is supposed to be proof for the religion. right?

None of the books in the Bible were written by God. I don't think Revelation was written to prove that Christianity exists. It was probably written for Christians to understand some aspect of their religion.

It may seem like a riddle, but again I've heard that Revelation heavily references many other books of the Bible (But, unfortunately I can't remember this for certain :\\ ). So, unless you know the Bible well, probably also a good deal of history or some other knowledge base, then it is a rather difficult read.

But, I just wanted to state, early, two things,
1.) I would never equate Christianity to an astrological type religion or one that worships the sun.
2.) It's, for lack of a better term, interesting (or funny, but not haha funny) that even the Bible would speculate that Christianity, in a sense, would possibly die out (If that was the meaning of said passage.)

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 5:57pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

maybe it will someday, but it will die out for sure when humanity dies out too.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:47pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

None of the books in the Bible were written by God.

thats a 1st time i hear that.

i did hear more then once befor that god wrote the bible to guide people. and these people use the bible as proof for gods existence.
so... yea i made that link.

It may seem like a riddle, but again I've heard that Revelation

but revelation is not the only part of the bible. (i have no idea where in the bible it is (neither do i care))
but if it isn't a riddle then why can't we take the words in the bible for fact?
why do we have to play whit the words and interpretate them in dozens of different ways that all lead to a different conclusions.
why can't god be clear whit us? why can't he come whit plain simple truth. that can't be interpreted in different ways and will prove his existences?

i mean... he is god... he is omnipotent... he could do that in a blink of a eye.
why all this hassle?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:29pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

i did hear more then once befor that god wrote the bible to guide people. and these people use the bible as proof for gods existence.

Very few believe God did it himself, but rather inspired the authors to write it (in dead or dying languages with many misinterpretable parables and translation errors, but they usually ignore that stuff or twist it to fit).

why all this hassle?

Because the path of the righteous is narrow, and finding God is a great challenge that leads to the greatest reward. Or something like that.

interpretate them in dozens of different ways

*thousands, maybe millions

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:44pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

Very few believe God did it himself, but rather inspired the authors to write it

can it be that they say he made it instead of wrote it? (i might just aswell remember it wrong all together tho.)

Because the path of the righteous is narrow, and finding God is a great challenge that leads to the greatest reward. Or something like that.

(ah yea, that stuff)
so god has not the best over for his most beloved creation.
(and we return back to the point that god is a hateful and miserable person)

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 10:49pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

can it be that they say he made it instead of wrote it?

It depends on how strictly "made" is used. From their view, God "made" everything including the events that would transpire to the compilation of the inspired books, so, in a distant sense, sure. In a direct sense, no. He inspired and guided the process. Kind of like if a manager tells a worker to build something, the manager didn't exactly build it.

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 7:15am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

ic, i must have made some wrong links then.
(good it doesn't change the riddles part ^^ )

Posted Apr 21, '13 at 7:18am

Drunkun

Drunkun

26 posts

if the jews are right, you go to hell.
if the islam is right, you go to hell.
if buddhism is right, you go to hell.
if nordic mythology is right, you go to hell.
if the mayans were right, you go to hell.
if scientology is right, you go to hell.

Sorry for going back so far, but I was going through and I read this. I just want to say that most religions have their own name for hell/own punishment for non-believers. And from what I know, (mind you I don't know alot) Scientology doesn't even have hell. You just get reincarnated.

Reply to Will Christianity Die Out?

You must be logged in to post a reply!