Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Will Christianity Die Out?

Posted Apr 21, '13 at 4:15pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

the point was not that these religions has a hell. but that pascals wager is wrong.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 4:59am

Goldfish13

Goldfish13

16 posts

Relatively, yes. The numbers of Christians are on a massive decline (annually) and will probably be overshadowed by either atheism (on an incredible rise) or some other unforeseeable belief system in the next few thousand years.

I'm guessing that the numbers will stabilise out (a bit like Judaism) but 'tis all speculations at the moment.

Literally, there will always be a small group of people who will follow some sort of Christianity (it's broad scope allows for quite a few variations, after all). Unless we crash into the sun. But let's not go there.

Anyway, I'm basing my arguments on speculations of our current statistics. Pure logic probably isn't going to help us much here.

Sources:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246436/Census-2011-religion-data-reveal-4m-fewer-Christians-1-4-atheist.html
^^Declining numbers. (And multiple other sources)

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 2:56pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Relatively, yes. The numbers of Christians are on a massive decline (annually) and will probably be overshadowed by either atheism (on an incredible rise) or some other unforeseeable belief system in the next few thousand years.

I suspect it will be less than a few thousand years.

fixed link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … heist.html

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 4:25pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Sources:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246436/Census-2011-religion-data-reveal-4m-fewer-Christians-1-4-atheist.html
^^Declining numbers. (And multiple other sources)

Don't fret about finding sources to prove the fact..I found like 5 or so? Yet some people will still ignore them and claim that Christianity is growing

I suspect it will be less than a few thousand years.

Fun little question..do you/y'all think that one day Christianity will be viewed as how we view, say, Greek 'Mythology' today?

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 4:54pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,083 posts

Knight

Fun little question..do you/y'all think that one day Christianity will be viewed as how we view, say, Greek 'Mythology' today?

Who's to say some don't already? *wink wink*

But globally speaking.. I think it's probable, yes. Although Greek mythology will always be more classy.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 5:56pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

Yet some people will still ignore them and claim that Christianity is growing

Some lower groups might be growing in comparison to others, so 'true Christianity' may be on the rise.

Of course, and it'll be taught about more due to its global influence.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 7:40pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

i think it becomes like voodoo. eventually forgotten.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 9:39pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,260 posts

Knight

i think it becomes like voodoo. eventually forgotten.

Voodoo was never forgotten, it was changed and its true form was forgotten.

Christianity will die out but that is centuries to come. Christianity is a powerful religion, people will hold onto it for many years even if something were to happen to churches. There is a stronger chance Catholicism will fall before Christianity. Christianity is very powerful.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 3:05am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,083 posts

Knight

There is a stronger chance Catholicism will fall before Christianity. Christianity is very powerful.

Catholicism is the biggest denomination of christianity -.- and if you saw the posts and links above, maybe you wouldn't say that it's still so powerful.

Posted Nov 10, '13 at 9:37pm

Erabor

Erabor

75 posts

If you are a True Believer, there are several verses that God has provided that reassures his followers that the truth will be preserved. *Here's an example*

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 24:35

If you think that Christianity is a joke, and that people who worship Christ are delusional (You as an individual are entitled to your own opinion), then scoff at the whole thing. It won't be dying out in your lifetime, not with (about) 33% of people believing in it. It has survived and thrived for over 2000 years, and before that, Judaism for another 4-6000 years (an estimation).
But, you know, it makes you think. There have been plenty of people who have tried to start a religion by glorifying themselves as almighty. None of them have really excelled. So what makes the story of Christ different? Are really that many people ignorant? To assume so would be stubborn and ignorant itself.

Reply to Will Christianity Die Out?

You must be logged in to post a reply!