Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Will Christianity Die Out?

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:30pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Most other religions have contradicted themselves (i.e. Mormonism). Catholicism hasn't.

I'm too lazy to look/think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure it has numerous times.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:38pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Catholocism has been on the forefront of many of histories greatest scientific advances and discoveries. Nicolaus Copernicus was a Catholic Canon.

It did quite a bit of suppressing scientific advancement. Just because there were people who held to that particular religion (which pretty much everyone did in those regions of the world) doesn't mean squat. No more than Richard Dawkins being an atheist means we can credit atheism with his contributions to science.

but Catholocism is the only one to remain this constant in it's beliefs and it is attracting more every year.

It has remained the same like how Catholics still believe the world is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, slavery is acceptable, rock music is sinful, etc. etc. etc. It's even quite possible that the Abrahamic religions came from a polytheism. So clearly no change at all.

Please actually look into the history of your own religion. And I mean the actual history not what you get in Sunday church.

Most other religions have contradicted themselves (i.e. Mormonism). Catholicism hasn't.

Yep no contradictions...

A List of Biblical Contradictions
Bible Contradictions
Contradictions in the Bible
Biblical Contradictions
1001 CONTRADICTIONS & DISCREPANCIES in the CHRISTIAN BIBLES
Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions)

...non at all

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:51pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

It has remained the same like how Catholics still believe the world is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, slavery is acceptable, rock music is sinful, etc. etc. etc.

Ok, look nobody believes the Earth is flat. Please stop with these stupid generalizations.I would like to rephrase, the Catholic Church has remained constant in it's teachings. Look at someplace besides the "Secular Web", perhaps the Catechism of the Catholic Church, for the Church's teachings.Most of those "contradictions" are taken way out of context and aren't actually related.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:54pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Ok, look nobody believes the Earth is flat

Anymore.

the Catholic Church has remained constant in it's teachings.

So you're learning about Geocentrism I see.

Everything changes over time. Making the blanket claim that your faith is the one and only that hasn't is simply ignorant.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:59pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Everything changes over time. Making the blanket claim that your faith is the one and only that hasn't is simply ignorant.

Never said it was the only one.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 8:29pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Ok, look nobody believes the Earth is flat. Please stop with these stupid generalizations.I would like to rephrase, the Catholic Church has remained constant in it's teachings.

1. Yes religion did believe the Earth was flat, that's not a generalization.
2. Each of those things I mentioned were taught by the church (with maybe the exception to the polytheism since the church didn't exist at that point.)
3. http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Most of those "contradictions" are taken way out of context and aren't actually related.

Most? So you do agree that some are related and do contradict one another? Besides I get this impression from your statement. Context!!!!!!

Though to get things a bit more on track these points of how Christianity has changed do reflect that it will likely change in the future. My bet will be the next big 180 the church makes will be on homosexuality.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 8:38pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

I of course did mean that nobody who has ever done anything like travel, research, or think rationally believes that the Earth is flat. It is pretty obviously a sphere.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 9:24pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

For clarity, which type of Catholocism are you referring to? Roman Catholic Church, Eastern/Oriental Orthodox, Old Catholic/Angelican/Lutheran, Evangelicals?

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 9:32pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Ah, I am a Roman Catholic.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 9:41pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Never said it was the only one.

From your first post on this thread, on page 2.

"Many religions have died off before many will die off in the future, but Catholocism is the only one to remain this constant in it's beliefs and it is attracting more every year."

So uh...yes you did.

Reply to Will Christianity Die Out?

You must be logged in to post a reply!