Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Will Christianity Die Out?

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 11:10am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

So I will stop, I figure with 1billion+ people Christianity will always have someone to argue for it and I can take a short break.

another 1 walking out the door whit their ears and eye's plugged.
at this rate we get those 1 billion silent in just a few year.
good job guy's. up to the next. =P

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 2:37pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

another 1 walking out the door whit their ears and eye's plugged.
at this rate we get those 1 billion silent in just a few year.
good job guy's. up to the next. =P

You're saying that like you're calling Christians ignorant. I mean if Christianity's right then all the Christians will go to heaven, an the rest to hell. If Atheists are right, then well, nothing.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 2:43pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,985 posts

Pascal's Wager again? Seriously?

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 2:51pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Pascal's Wager again? Seriously?

Wha..?

Anyway, I doubt Christianity will die out in any of our lifespans, it will just adapt. It's been around some 2000 years.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 3:07pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

Wha..?

Christianity is not the only religion out there. Maybe you oughtta take that in consideration and rethink your statement.

Anyway, I doubt Christianity will die out in any of our lifespans, it will just adapt. It's been around some 2000 years.

Ancient Egyptians are hardly impressed, and Mayans think you're cute.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 3:59pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Wha..?

if the jews are right, you go to hell.
if the islam is right, you go to hell.
if buddhism is right, you go to hell.
if nordic mythology is right, you go to hell.
if the mayans were right, you go to hell.
if scientology is right, you go to hell.

if just 1 of the thousends of other options is right, you go to hell.
christianity is not more right then any of the other believes.

(if the atheists are right, then no1 will go to hell.)

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 4:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Christianity is arguably the largest modern religion, so, if it ever dies out, it'll probably take a few thousand years. Paganism wasn't quite as large and we still celebrate Pagan holidays... more or less.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 5:40pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Christianity is arguably the largest modern religion, so, if it ever dies out, it'll probably take a few thousand years. Paganism wasn't quite as large and we still celebrate Pagan holidays... more or less.

islam currently has more followers. as for the few thousand years part, I've noticed a growing atheistic trend. at the rate of its increase, should it continue, then christianity (or at least one major religion) will die out within a few hundred years.

-Blade

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 6:17pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,985 posts

islam currently has more followers

Christianity has about 33% of the world population, about half of that is Roman Catholic. Islam has about 22%. Here.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 6:24pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Paganism is still alive and well, being Pagan myself. It's a much better path for one who wants to be closer to their own ancestors etc.

pagan is a rather blanket statement, even more so than Christian as it can cover a number of different religions, not just denominations.

if the jews are right, you go to hell.
if the islam is right, you go to hell.
if buddhism is right, you go to hell.
if nordic mythology is right, you go to hell.
if the mayans were right, you go to hell.
if scientology is right, you go to hell.

Actually not all of those would send you to hell. We could use Christianity alone as an example. There are something around 34,000 denominations. Worship wrong for many of them and you go to hell. So even if Christianity is right you could still got o hell for worshiping wrong.

islam currently has more followers. as for the few thousand years part, I've noticed a growing atheistic trend. at the rate of its increase, should it continue, then christianity (or at least one major religion) will die out within a few hundred years.

Christianity makes up about 2.1 billion followers world wide while Islam makes up about 1.53 billion followers world wide.

As for growth rate, Non-religious (not necessarily atheist but they are included) is the fastest growing group as a position on religion.

Reply to Will Christianity Die Out?

You must be logged in to post a reply!