ForumsWEPRWill Christianity Die Out?

213 81902
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

So I was thinking a few day ago about all the religions that died out because they worshiped the sun, and I'm curious if you think Christianity will do the same due to its outdated beliefs (well to be exact Jesus is the sun, and Christianity also has roots in astronomy but whatever).

• 213 Replies
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Christianity won't die out.
That is all

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

That is all

Eventually it will not have the large amount of followers that it does today. Numbers are already going down fairly rapidly. Though it will certainly take a very long time for it to become obscure because of how widespread it currently is.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Numbers are already going down fairly rapidly

250,000 into the Catholic Church this Easter more for other denominations... decreasing rapidly
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

250,000 into the Catholic Church this Easter more for other denominations... decreasing rapidly

I see your 250,000 and lower you 4 million.

"Christianity, or at least the number identifying themselves as followers of the largest religion, is on the slide with more than 4 million fewer saying they followed the church than in 2001.

The march of the faithless has also continued with 14.1 million people, about a quarter of the entire population, saying they had no religion at all, a rise of 6.4 million over the decade.
"

Census reveals decline of Christianity and rise in foreign born to one in eight
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

14.1 million people, about a quarter of the entire population

what country is this about?
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

what country is this about?

The UK.

I have to wonder where this number is coming from. I'm also suspicious because it's around the most important holiday for Christians.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I have to wonder where this number is coming from.

maybe it counts that archive the mormons are making where they dont ask people if they want to be baptized. but just do so whitout them knowing it.
(it's 1 of those wierd things they are on about)

(just a wild guess)
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

maybe it counts that archive the mormons are making where they dont ask people if they want to be baptized. but just do so whitout them knowing it.

only when you're dead do they do that, but I digress.

-Blade
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Ok..seriously??

Did you forget or are you just flat out blatantly ignoring the links I gave you IN THIS SAME THREAD about how Catholicism is decreasing?!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

250'000 in doesn't really seem much compared to the 4mil out, according to Mage. But don't waste too many nerves arguing with someone that can't be argued with. Remember what he said:

That is all

Reminds me of a certain expression...
http://www.marliesluczak.de/images/brett.jpg
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Why do you think Christianity will die out?
Also why do you criticize what I believe?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The demographics indicate an overall decline not just in Christianity but in religion in general, it would fit with what we have observe happen to other religions in the past.

Also why do you criticize what I believe?

What makes you think your beliefs should be shielded from criticism?
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

A multitude of reasons. The first is that we have plenty of examples of previous religions dying out. The second is that we're already seeing a decrease in numbers of Christianity. Religion is no longer necessary to explain the world and a great many of its claims can be debunked or conclusively proven to be wrong. The more we learn, the more we see that religion was simply man's first attempt to explain the world and answer deep questions. It's an archaic form of thinking, and as more people become educated and stop teaching their children (the primary way religion continues) the faster it stops spreading.

We aren't criticizing what you believe (in this thread), but rather, your reasons for believing. Also, you repeatedly come back to this thread and restate the exact same thing, and we go through this all over again.

As for why we criticize religion in general (not just yours), that is because religion is a major source of the most heinous things plaguing our world today. Intolerance, ignorance, mutilation, war, sexism, homophobia, terrorism, indoctrination, extortion, corruption and more. I'm not saying that everyone who is religion is these, but that religion as a whole has been a blot on humanity since it became institutionalized in any instance.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

terrorism

I am speaking as the "Devil's Advocate" in saying that this is mostly radicalist Muslims.
I just want to ask you something again... Can you prove a negative? (i.e. God doesn't exist)
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I am speaking as the "Devil's Advocate" in saying that this is mostly radicalist Muslims.

In this day and age, perhaps. Not that there aren't still Christian terrorists, but I digress.

I just want to ask you something again... Can you prove a negative? (i.e. God doesn't exist)

We don't need to. When making a claim, it's up to the one asserting their view to prove their belief to others. Before you try to counter that we're asserting God doesn't exist, we're not the ones making the claim that he exists in the first place. Atheism is a neutral standpoint, not making any claims.

It's not our responsibility to conclusively disprove your belief, it's the responsibility of the one making the claim of its existence to show evidence.
Showing 61-75 of 213