Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Will Christianity Die Out?

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 5:41pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

unlike many Christians I have no intention on forcing my beliefs on anyone

I agree, I only argue or debate or do whatever the above conversation is when people confront me or ask me a question.
Also I'm back because I got bored and this seems to be entertaining.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 6:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,123 posts

Also I'm back because I got bored and this seems to be entertaining.

so we can pick it up again?
you still believe the church has never changed it's world view? despite all the proof that it did.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 7:45pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Here is another example of how Christianity can change over time. At least for some.

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

"The discovery of the text doesn't mean these events happened, but rather that some people living at the time appear to have believed in them, said Roelof van den Broek, of Utrecht University in the Netherlands"

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 2:26am

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

Christianity won't die out.
That is all

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 2:29am

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

Christianity won't die out.
That is all

Eventually it will not have the large amount of followers that it does today. Numbers are already going down fairly rapidly. Though it will certainly take a very long time for it to become obscure because of how widespread it currently is.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 3:00am

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

Numbers are already going down fairly rapidly

250,000 into the Catholic Church this Easter more for other denominations... decreasing rapidly

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 7:40am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

250,000 into the Catholic Church this Easter more for other denominations... decreasing rapidly

I see your 250,000 and lower you 4 million.

"Christianity, or at least the number identifying themselves as followers of the largest religion, is on the slide with more than 4 million fewer saying they followed the church than in 2001.

The march of the faithless has also continued with 14.1 million people, about a quarter of the entire population, saying they had no religion at all, a rise of 6.4 million over the decade.
"

Census reveals decline of Christianity and rise in foreign born to one in eight

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 10:37am

partydevil

partydevil

5,123 posts

14.1 million people, about a quarter of the entire population

what country is this about?

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 12:58pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

what country is this about?

The UK.

I have to wonder where this number is coming from. I'm also suspicious because it's around the most important holiday for Christians.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 1:43pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,123 posts

I have to wonder where this number is coming from.

maybe it counts that archive the mormons are making where they dont ask people if they want to be baptized. but just do so whitout them knowing it.
(it's 1 of those wierd things they are on about)

(just a wild guess)

Reply to Will Christianity Die Out?

You must be logged in to post a reply!