ForumsWEPRWill Christianity Die Out?

213 82127
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

So I was thinking a few day ago about all the religions that died out because they worshiped the sun, and I'm curious if you think Christianity will do the same due to its outdated beliefs (well to be exact Jesus is the sun, and Christianity also has roots in astronomy but whatever).

• 213 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

maybe it will someday, but it will die out for sure when humanity dies out too.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

None of the books in the Bible were written by God.

thats a 1st time i hear that.

i did hear more then once befor that god wrote the bible to guide people. and these people use the bible as proof for gods existence.
so... yea i made that link.

It may seem like a riddle, but again I've heard that Revelation

but revelation is not the only part of the bible. (i have no idea where in the bible it is (neither do i care))
but if it isn't a riddle then why can't we take the words in the bible for fact?
why do we have to play whit the words and interpretate them in dozens of different ways that all lead to a different conclusions.
why can't god be clear whit us? why can't he come whit plain simple truth. that can't be interpreted in different ways and will prove his existences?

i mean... he is god... he is omnipotent... he could do that in a blink of a eye.
why all this hassle?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

i did hear more then once befor that god wrote the bible to guide people. and these people use the bible as proof for gods existence.

Very few believe God did it himself, but rather inspired the authors to write it (in dead or dying languages with many misinterpretable parables and translation errors, but they usually ignore that stuff or twist it to fit).

why all this hassle?

Because the path of the righteous is narrow, and finding God is a great challenge that leads to the greatest reward. Or something like that.

interpretate them in dozens of different ways

*thousands, maybe millions
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Very few believe God did it himself, but rather inspired the authors to write it

can it be that they say he made it instead of wrote it? (i might just aswell remember it wrong all together tho.)

Because the path of the righteous is narrow, and finding God is a great challenge that leads to the greatest reward. Or something like that.

(ah yea, that stuff)
so god has not the best over for his most beloved creation.
(and we return back to the point that god is a hateful and miserable person)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

can it be that they say he made it instead of wrote it?

It depends on how strictly "made" is used. From their view, God "made" everything including the events that would transpire to the compilation of the inspired books, so, in a distant sense, sure. In a direct sense, no. He inspired and guided the process. Kind of like if a manager tells a worker to build something, the manager didn't exactly build it.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

ic, i must have made some wrong links then.
(good it doesn't change the riddles part ^^ )

Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

if the jews are right, you go to hell.
if the islam is right, you go to hell.
if buddhism is right, you go to hell.
if nordic mythology is right, you go to hell.
if the mayans were right, you go to hell.
if scientology is right, you go to hell.

Sorry for going back so far, but I was going through and I read this. I just want to say that most religions have their own name for hell/own punishment for non-believers. And from what I know, (mind you I don't know alot) Scientology doesn't even have hell. You just get reincarnated.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the point was not that these religions has a hell. but that pascals wager is wrong.

Goldfish13
Goldfish13
16 posts
Nomad

Relatively, yes. The numbers of Christians are on a massive decline (annually) and will probably be overshadowed by either atheism (on an incredible rise) or some other unforeseeable belief system in the next few thousand years.

I'm guessing that the numbers will stabilise out (a bit like Judaism) but 'tis all speculations at the moment.

Literally, there will always be a small group of people who will follow some sort of Christianity (it's broad scope allows for quite a few variations, after all). Unless we crash into the sun. But let's not go there.

Anyway, I'm basing my arguments on speculations of our current statistics. Pure logic probably isn't going to help us much here.

Sources:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246436/Census-2011-religion-data-reveal-4m-fewer-Christians-1-4-atheist.html
^^Declining numbers. (And multiple other sources)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Relatively, yes. The numbers of Christians are on a massive decline (annually) and will probably be overshadowed by either atheism (on an incredible rise) or some other unforeseeable belief system in the next few thousand years.

I suspect it will be less than a few thousand years.

fixed link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246436/Census-2011-religion-data-reveal-4m-fewer-Christians-1-4-atheist.html
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sources:
^^Declining numbers. (And multiple other sources)

Don't fret about finding sources to prove the fact..I found like 5 or so? Yet some people will still ignore them and claim that Christianity is growing

I suspect it will be less than a few thousand years.

Fun little question..do you/y'all think that one day Christianity will be viewed as how we view, say, Greek 'Mythology' today?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fun little question..do you/y'all think that one day Christianity will be viewed as how we view, say, Greek 'Mythology' today?

Who's to say some don't already? *wink wink*

But globally speaking.. I think it's probable, yes. Although Greek mythology will always be more classy.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Yet some people will still ignore them and claim that Christianity is growing

Some lower groups might be growing in comparison to others, so 'true Christianity' may be on the rise.

Of course, and it'll be taught about more due to its global influence.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i think it becomes like voodoo. eventually forgotten.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

i think it becomes like voodoo. eventually forgotten.

Voodoo was never forgotten, it was changed and its true form was forgotten.

Christianity will die out but that is centuries to come. Christianity is a powerful religion, people will hold onto it for many years even if something were to happen to churches. There is a stronger chance Catholicism will fall before Christianity. Christianity is very powerful.
Showing 91-105 of 213