ForumsThe TavernWhat was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

89 19742
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

This conversation always comes up some time and mostly I find people have hilarious answers.

i personally used to believe that the ice cream van played really sad music because they were out of ice cream. I always wondered why I never saw them when the music wasn't playing...

So, what was the stupidest thing you used to believe. Don't be shy, only the internet will know.

• 89 Replies
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I also forgot to mention that I firmly believed that Pokemon were real creatures. I paid the utmost attention at all times in hopes that I would see the illusive doduo. I was sure that was going to be the one I saw, because a footprint in my driveway looked like a doduo track.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I also forgot to mention that I firmly believed that Pokemon were real creatures.

That reminded me..

I legitimately thought that Pokemon could be real

-I thought Yu-Gi-Oh (the aspect with the cards becoming holograms and fighting) would happen

-I thought that if I carried either my Yu-Gi-Oh deck or one of my Bayblades around..I was definitely bound to run into someone that would challenge me or I could challenge
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

I loved animations as a kid like the jungle book and one time I asked my mom: "Is it possible to make the animals like in the Jungle Book?" and she said something like: "Yeah they do on the computers and make them."

Then I thought that she litterly said like they can create it and they pop out all cartoon like out of a computer. Beacuse of that I always wanted a laptop or computer that could use movie making techniques.

The dream of having real cartoon characters is done...but the dream to get the laptop still prevailed...and I finnaly got one. I actually miss things like that as a kid.....

TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

Another thing I never believed santa or nuthing like that was real...It's just stupid to think that. But unlike some jerks, I hate ruining that dream for little kids.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

When I would visit my grandmother's house and have to use the bathroom, there was a long hallway without a light. I would always run fast to the bathroom (because we generally visited when it started getting dark out) for fear that a Tyranosaurus rex would look in the window and eat me (I watch Jurassic Park several times as a child. There's a scene where the T-rex looks in a window and sees a child and roars, at least if I remember correctly)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I used to believe I was an alien sent to Earth on a mission but I had amnesia so I couldn't remember who I was or what my mission was. Maybe I was sent to observe boppins.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Aaand even more from the marvelous me...I was a weird little child...
Honey was bee pee. I never ate it. EVER.
I also thought that soap grew on trees, because magnolia blossoms looked like soap.
People wearing high-heels had specially shaped feet. Actually, I still think that.
And, finally, that Taiwan was an island in the middle of a lake in Michigan.
I think that's the last of my weird-child ruminations.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

When I was like 4 or 5 I thought that money could actually grow on trees so I got a dollar bill and planted it in my mom's garden to see if it would grow into a money tree.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Just remembered a couple more. I used to think that movies in black and white were like that because they were so old that colour didn't exist back then.

And I also believed that bed sheets were some kind of invincible force field which could protect me from pretty much everything. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

For you, kegaumongo:

Just remembered a couple more. I used to think that movies in black and white were like that because they were so old that colour didn't exist back then.

Calvin's dad also thought so.

When I was a kid, I used to believe my legs were fat. Now I appreciate that they're just big boned.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Calvin's dad also thought so.

Lol, thanks. That really made me laugh. Calvin & Hobbes is always hilarious xD
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

And I also believed that bed sheets were some kind of invincible force field which could protect me from pretty much everything. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one

That's up there with believing your dad is the strongest person in the world.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

That's up there with believing your dad is the strongest person in the world.

That's not stupid if your dad is Yujiiro Hanma.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Gantic just sparked a memory inside of me.

I used to think that my dad knew everything.

Then I asked him a question and he didn't know the answer.

MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

I used to think that babies were meteors orbiting the earth, and in the middle of an operation, they would "hit" the operation room, and in the blink of an eye, get into the hands of the doctor operating.

Tada.

Showing 31-45 of 89