Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 9:17pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,767 posts

That there was a god

the stupidest thing I believe when I was a kid was that God AND Santa were real

For the record, we already have an Atheism/Theism thread (I shouldn't have to post a link). Please keep comments relating to said thread in that thread. Don't use a new thread as a chance to branch out. Before you say "But that WAS the stupidest thing I believed because it's not true and (reasons)," please. Just about every reason you have belongs in the Theism and Atheism section.

Anyway. The stupidest thing I believed as a kid was the "step on a crack, and you'll break your mother's back" or however that went. I'm 20 and I still avoid stepping on sidewalk cracks.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 12:58am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I'm 20 and I still avoid stepping on sidewalk cracks.

I'm 18 and I do the same thing, but it's more of an OCD thing for me. I never believed that stepping on cracks would actually break my mother's back.

But I did believe that Santa was real until I was in 5th grade. My mom finally had to tell me that he wasn't because my younger sister, who was in 2nd grade at the time, had already stopped believing in him.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 1:45am

boppins

boppins

533 posts

Administrator

That my life was a test, and I was being monitored by aliens to determine if I was 'worthy' to be woken up and part of the 'real' world.  Kind of Matrix-ey, I guess, but with aliens :)

It still hasn't been disproven, I suppose!

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 7:36am

matrixdiscoking

matrixdiscoking

119 posts

tooth fairy, easter bunny, sant claus stuff like that
also that people didnt die

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 10:08am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

terry, santa is real.

he was on my roof, I heard the clip clop.

anyways, the weirdest thing I used to believe was I could breathe underwater.  so glad to be alive ._.

also that, umm, uh, well, besides the breathing underwater thing (again, loooove breathing...) I was pretty good.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 5:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Light chaser, you should grow up. He was not on your roof.

That whenever the sidewalk was all messed up and the slabs were tilted, it was because of "The Sidewalk Monster.", also that some type of monster was hanging on the back of my closet door, and if I slept with the door closed, it would kill me. Also when a funnel appeared in the bathtub when the water, I thought it was a dragonfly, I was for some reason afraid of it. I'll think of more later.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 7:10pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

A couple other things are that I used to believe that Elephant Ears were actual elephant ears, French Fries were from France, Rain was angels taking a leak, Thunder was God bowling, and some other things.

I admit I was a pretty weird kid...

-Spirit

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 8:44pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

3,317 posts

*sees xeano's comment* YES I'M THE WEIRDEST PERSON ON AG AHAHAH *happy dance*
To add to my list: I thought banana's were trees...well, you know... >m

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:14pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

That my life was a test

I believed for the longest time that life was just a show for me and that everyone around me was placed there just to make my life seem more normal.

he was on my roof, I heard the clip clop.

That was me trying to break into your h--you're right, it was Santa Claus.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:36pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

597 posts

There was one point that, although I didn't really believe it, I thought it to be more than likely that we actually live in the Matrix-style place where we are not actually awake or doing things.  I think it was more that I wished it was that interesting though.
I also used to think that the middle ages was less than 100 years ago.. I was less than intelligent.

Reply to What was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

You must be logged in to post a reply!