Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:32pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,064 posts

Aaand even more from the marvelous me...I was a weird little child...
Honey was bee pee. I never ate it. EVER.
I also thought that soap grew on trees, because magnolia blossoms looked like soap.
People wearing high-heels had specially shaped feet. Actually, I still think that.
And, finally, that Taiwan was an island in the middle of a lake in Michigan.
I think that's the last of my weird-child ruminations.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:45pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,517 posts

I used to believe I was an alien sent to Earth on a mission but I had amnesia so I couldn't remember who I was or what my mission was. Maybe I was sent to observe boppins.

That's one of those brain-scrambling things. I call it the "Inception Principle," aka any idea, belief or suggestion relating to the possibility that we are asleep, someone else or nonexistant (nihilism). It probably has a much cooler name, but I like mine. Don't reply to tell me what the name is.

When I was a kid, I mistranslated "Jinx, you owe me a soda" (remember that game, guys?) as "Jinx, you own Minnesota." I don't think anyone ever realized what I was actually saying.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 7:46pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,517 posts

*EDIT* Sorry, that's not really a belief. I believed that when you were "jinxed" for saying the same thing someone else said at the same time, you literally had to pay up or you couldn't talk.

Then I grew up and watched the exact same thing happen to Jim on "The Office." So. Now I'm confused.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 11:15pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

When I was like 4 or 5 I thought that money could actually grow on trees so I got a dollar bill and planted it in my mom's garden to see if it would grow into a money tree.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 5:19am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

2,096 posts

Just remembered a couple more. I used to think that movies in black and white were like that because they were so old that colour didn't exist back then.

And I also believed that bed sheets were some kind of invincible force field which could protect me from pretty much everything. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 5:38am

Strop

Strop

11,086 posts

For you, kegaumongo:

Just remembered a couple more. I used to think that movies in black and white were like that because they were so old that colour didn't exist back then.

Calvin's dad also thought so.

When I was a kid, I used to believe my legs were fat. Now I appreciate that they're just big boned.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 6:18am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

2,096 posts

Calvin's dad also thought so.

Lol, thanks. That really made me laugh. Calvin & Hobbes is always hilarious xD

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 11:02am

Gantic

Gantic

11,130 posts

And I also believed that bed sheets were some kind of invincible force field which could protect me from pretty much everything. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one

That's up there with believing your dad is the strongest person in the world.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 8:39pm

Strop

Strop

11,086 posts

That's up there with believing your dad is the strongest person in the world.

That's not stupid if your dad is Yujiiro Hanma.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 8:44pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,695 posts

Knight

Gantic just sparked a memory inside of me.

I used to think that my dad knew everything.

Then I asked him a question and he didn't know the answer.

Reply to What was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

You must be logged in to post a reply!