ForumsThe TavernWhat was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

93 9728
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

This conversation always comes up some time and mostly I find people have hilarious answers.

i personally used to believe that the ice cream van played really sad music because they were out of ice cream. I always wondered why I never saw them when the music wasn't playing...

So, what was the stupidest thing you used to believe. Don't be shy, only the internet will know.

• 93 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,988 posts

I used to think mustaches were just really long nose hairs.
I used to think bad dreams were bugs that crawl in your ear while you sleep.
I used to think that when you wanted to listen you music, a signal was sent to the band telling them to start playing. So all CDs and radio were live. When you wanted to pause, skip or fast forward, the band responded to the messages they got. Shut up, it made sense.
I used to think that once people kiss, the girl become pregnant
I used to think that Pang was a girl, and I still do.
I used to think that there were no girls on the Internet until I met Pang
I used to think that the radio thing applied to tv and movies too
I used to think that some of my family were vampires.
I used to think that if I ran as fast as I could, people would just see a blur
I used to think that if I believed, I could fly. That's a story for another thread...
I used to think that my pets had a secret entrance to my house.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,052 posts

pets do have a secret entrance.

also I remembered one: I used to think that mustaches could be above or below the nose.

:/

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

I used to think that Pang was a girl

I'll admit it. I thought the same thing for a while. Once I got over that, I thought he was gay. I don't really know where I got either notion from.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I'll admit it. I thought the same thing for a while. Once I got over that, I thought he was gay. I don't really know where I got either notion from.

My loathing for you all is now in fruition
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

My loathing for you all is now in fruition

Blame your first picture in the Faces of AG and its Users thread. I'm pretty sure I first realized you weren't a girl when I saw that... though the second image of your likeness wasn't too accurate either. Don't blame me haha!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Blame your first picture in the Faces of AG and its Users thread. I'm pretty sure I first realized you weren't a girl when I saw that... though the second image of your likeness wasn't too accurate either. Don't blame me haha!

Gosh Sal..you can' just go with the populous and say that I look like Neil Patrick Harris? (side note..I have a picture that would make that belief grow tenfold ) No..you have to play the gay card
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

Gosh Sal..you can' just go with the populous and say that I look like Neil Patrick Harris? (side note..I have a picture that would make that belief grow tenfold ) No..you have to play the gay card

Didn't mean to offend or anything. It was just a first impression! I hope you aren't upset, lest I'll be dead before morn.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I hope you aren't upset, lest I'll be dead before morn.

In the morning? You underestimate me greatly
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

In the morning? You underestimate me greatly

So much or any chance at redemption. :P

I love how we're just spamming this thread to hell. Ah well.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I love how we're just spamming this thread to hell. Ah well.

What do you mean?

First..you stated that you believed I was gay
Then..I implied that I once believed I shouldn't/don't loathe y'all
Then..you stated that you once believed that you would survive until tomorrow
I then stated I once believed that you don't underestimate me
xeano321
xeano321
3,087 posts

Hey, is this the start of a feud? It appears tensions are growing between the two factions.

So as not to get off topic, I used to believe that gullible wasn't in the dictionary.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I used to believe that gullible wasn't in the dictionary.

But it isn't..it's a slang term
jakehcatcher
jakehcatcher
49 posts

Honestly I'm going to have to say the tooth fairy! My parents totally ruined it for me a i think it is the most stupid idea ever.

EdgeofSanity
EdgeofSanity
27 posts

I used to believe in equality and world peace.Now that I better understand the nature of mankind, I doubt it'll ever happen/be possible.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts

That there was a god.

This, plus a bunch of other common superstitions. Some were fun though.
Showing 76-90 of 93