ForumsForum Games"The Day After The Bombs Fell" (SURVIVAL RP/G) v2.1

31 7074
Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Inspired by; Jetcord, Veksing, sourwhatup2, and many others.

This is the second installment of KeonKing1995's "Nuclear War Survival Role-Playing/Game" However this version is much more user friendly and less complicated than the first. The character sheet has been sized down and rules on how things work are posted below for reference throughout your survival experience.

But to make your survival experience run more smoothly; keep up with your Character Sheet or (CS) in a note pad or on your computer in a word document. I will be keeping up and adjusting your; stats, meters, items and clothing. So there's no need for you or me to keep re-posting long CS every single post. And regardless as to what you have it is the sheet I have that really matters. Just more convenient for you if you keep up with it as well. You will be updated periodically with your Character Sheet so its best to keep it on your computer so you don't have to erase a lot.

Your knowledge of survival is what will keep you alive in this game,
knowing how to purify and filter water, How to protect yourself from radiation,
When to shoot and when to run or hide. The list goes on, I will not automatically use your supplies when I think you need them, Thats up to you. For Example: your stamina is low, your dehydrated and your hygiene is terrible. I will not do anything about it unless you do. So to fix this situation you could say " I sat down after running from the bandits, exhausted and thirsty. So I grab a bottle of water from my bag and drink most of it and use the rest to wipe down my face." In this scenario you just came up with, I have increased the amount of stamina you have for sitting down and resting, thirst for drinking the water, and hygiene for wiping down alittle. So.. can YOU be the ultimate survivor?

Note: I will be on most mornings and afternoons, and some during the day on weekends. Also feel free to give advice and instructive criticism, even IF you don't want to join. Its all about learning and will help out if or when a v3.0 comes into the works!
Spots are open for a total of five people. But may be open to more in the future.
Watch out! For [i]radiation or rads. These can be acquired by touching or breathing in radioactive materials, once you reach a hundred and over, You will acquire symptoms of Radiation Sickness.
Reach 300 or more rads and your dead. These will slowly diminish as time goes by.

You have 25 stat points to put in any of the 6 attributes. One cannot go over 10 on a single stat.
Strength: How much you can carry, damage done by melee weapons and hand to hand.
Perception: How aware you are to your surroundings, notice things out of place.
Intelligence: Knowledge of First aid, Repair/Ingenuity/craft
Endurance: Stamina
Charisma: How your word impacts another depending on tone, situation, and wording.
Agility: Escape and Evade maneuvers, and Stealth.

You may choose from these weapons:

One melee choice/ Spiked Baseball bat, Hardened Crowbar, Meat Cleaver
AND
One firearm choice/
Savage 17HMR Bolt action, Mossberg 500 Shotgun, Berreta 92f Handgun,
5/5 + 2extra 8/8 + 2 extra 13/15

You may choose from these supplies:
Choice A/ 4x Bottled Water, 3x Canned Food, Binocular, Mag-light, Maps, Adds +2 Perception for map and binocular
Choice B/ 2x Bottled Water, 2x Canned Food, Trauma Kit, N95 Face Mask, Reduces rads acquired medium
Choice C/ 2x Bottled Water, 2x Canned Food, Israeli Civilian 4A1 Gas Mask, Reduces rads acquired high/Perception -2

You may choose from any of these Story lines. This will help me direct you to your cause for a better experience.
Choice A/ Love In search of a lost partner.
Choice B/ Survival Whatever it takes to survive.
Choice C/ Anarchy Reak havoc and destruction.
Choice D/ Rebuild Law and order to this wasteland.
(All can be changed later on)

This is your Character Sheet or (CS).
You will fill in these 5 categories with the supplies you have chosen, and the stats you have chosen. Once that's done all you really have to keep up with is your; Cloths, Meters, Items, and stats section in a note pad or word document and I to will keep up with it as well as the rest.

Character
Name: (First and last) or nick name
Appearance: (Ex. Blue eyes, back hair)
Story choice:
=============
Clothes
Head: None
Eyes: None
Mouth: Make shift bandana
Neck: None
Chest: Short sleeved T-Shirt (choose color)
Gloves: None
Legs: Jeans
Feet: Sneakers
=============
Meters
Hunger: 75%
Thirst: 80%
Health: 100%
Stamina: 90%
Hygiene: 75%
Rads: 25
Awareness: 100%
=============
Items
Regular Backpack (10):
Pockets (4):
Hands (2):
Weapons:
Other: None
=============
Stats
Strength: /10
Perception: /10
Intelligence: /10
Endurance: /10
Charisma: /10
Agility: /10
=============
(Do not worry about this section)
Day: 1
Town/City: (small town or city)
Estimated population: N/A
Shelter: None
Shelter Security: N/A
Shelter Profile: N/A
Water Supply: N/A
Power Supply: N/A
Vehicle: None
Vehicle Condition: N/A
Gas/Diesel: N/A
Other:

• 31 Replies
Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

"The Day After The Bombs Fell" (SURVIVAL RP/G) v2.1 Is now open! thanks Gantic

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael Lee
Appearance: Sea green eyes, messy black hair, short with pale skin.
Story choice: Love
=============
Clothes
Chest: Black short sleeved T-Shirt
=============
Meters
=============
Items
Regular Backpack (10): 4x Bottled Water, 3x Canned Food, Binocular, Mag-light, Maps.
Pockets (4):
Hands (2):
Weapons: Spiked Baseball bat, Berreta 92f Handgun.
=============
Stats
Strength: 4/10
Perception: 3/10
Intelligence: 4/10
Endurance: 4/10
Charisma: 5/10
Agility: 5/10
=============
(Do not worry about this section)
Town/City: (small town or city)
Estimated population: N/A
Shelter: None
Shelter Security: N/A
Shelter Profile: N/A
Water Supply: N/A
Power Supply: N/A
Vehicle: None
Vehicle Condition: N/A
Gas/Diesel: N/A
Other:

Can I Join?

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Everything looks good. I took off your flashlight because that's what a MagLight is. I also added +2 Perception for the Binocular and map. This is your character sheet that you will put in a word document to keep up with. And I will periodical change the stats and post them for you.

=============
Clothes
Mouth: None
Chest: White short sleeved T-Shirt
=============
Meters
=============
Items
Regular Backpack (10): Books, sweater, compass, a notepad, a pen, a sleeping bag, a blanket, a pillow, and a first-aid kit.
4x Bottled Water, 3x Canned Food, Binocular, Mag-light, Maps
Pockets (4): Pocket knife and a small piece of a chocolate bar.
Hands (2): Savage 17HMR Bolt action. 5/5 + 2extra
Weapons: Spiked baseball bat & a Savage 17HMR Bolt action. 5/5 + 2extra
=============
Stats
Perception: 8/10
Intelligence: 6/10
Endurance: 2/10
Charisma: 3/10
Agility: 4/10
=============
*I like this beginning*

*Your walking down the highway on your way to a small town up ahead that you found on your map. Its surprising you even seen it considering how small it was on the map, you look up from your map. Woodlands are on both the left and right side of the highway, and the sun isn't even visible due to all the clouds of radioactive fallout. This makes it hard to even tell the time anymore.

*Up ahead you see smoke, so you proceed to look through your Binoculars while you stand behind a car to better conceal yourself. You see a small fire and a man with what seems to be his daughter sitting neck to him trying to stay warm.*

Now its up to you to decide what and how you want to approach this situation, it makes no difference to me. You could even attempt to avoid the whole thing by sneaking around. Who knows, But based off of the decision you make will decide what I will put happens next. Good luck and hope you enjoy!

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Name: Michael Lee
Everything looks good. I added +2 Perception for the Binocular and map. This is your character sheet that you will put in a word document to keep up with. And I will periodical change the stats and post them for you.

Clothes
Chest: Black short sleeved T-Shirt
=============
Meters
=============
Items
Regular Backpack (10): 4x Bottled Water, 3x Canned Food, Binocular, Mag-light, Maps.
Pockets (4):
Hands (2): Berreta 92f Handgun 13/15
Weapons: Spiked Baseball bat, Berreta 92f Handgun 13/15.
=============
Stats
Perception: 5/10
Intelligence: 4/10
Endurance: 4/10
Charisma: 5/10
Agility: 5/10
=============

*Your one the outskirts of a small town trying to gather supplies so you can make it to your house were your wife is located 300+ miles . "Why did I go to that stupid interview, It was to far to drive to on a weekly basis anyways!! now i'm stuck walking back to my house." *up ahead there are a few typical suburban homes, the windows are busted out and for the looks of it the door has been ripped off its hinges. *

Now its up to you to decide what and how you want to approach this situation, it makes no difference to me. You could even attempt to avoid the whole thing and just walk around the homes down the street and into the town itself. Who knows, But based off of the decision you make will decide what I will put happens next that's if you can get that far without something happening. Good luck and hope you enjoy!

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I search through the nearest houses for anything I could use while trying to get home, staying as silent as possible and using my binoculars to check for any dangers.

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Michael Lee
Slow down a bit, one step at a time. "I search through the nearest houses for anything I could use"

*You carefully approach the first house with your Berreta in hand, and brace yourself beside the back door. Quietly listening for any movement or sound coming from within the home. After a few brief seconds you walk in and holster your Berreta onto your side.*

*The house has definitely been ransacked, but that doesn't mean there aren't valuable supplies still left. Your first place is the kitchen, the horrid smell of rotting meat fills the air as someone has left the fridge slightly open. Despite the smell you cover your nose and begin searching through the cabinets and pantry.

*Luckily there is quite a bit of supplies left, +2 Bottled Water, +3 Canned Food. "awwh yeah pull tab cans hahaha no need for a can opener." You also find some coffee grounds. *NOTE these will keep your awareness up and can be a very useful bartering item*

*Before you have time to search the rest of the house, you here a rumbling sound. As you listen longer you recognize that it is a truck coming. You barrel roll into the living room and crouch, moving the curtain over for a better look. You see that its a pickup truck and it is coming ever so slowly down the street towards you. With roughly four people in the back and two inside the cab.*

From here you can decide to do many things. I will not give you a list because this is your story. YOU describe what you do next, describe what you feel, see, and hear. And based off your decision will I decide what happens next. Once again Good luck and make your response well so that others are interested in your story!

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I use my binoculars to check if they armed, dangerous and hostile.

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Michael Lee

*You look through your Binoculars and see that they are very armed with a variety of different weapons. When suddenly you hear a loud bang and you immediately drop to the floor taking cover. You finally look back through the window and see that the truck has back fired and has a problem of some sort causing it to turn off. Smoke begins to roll from the hood of the pickup truck, and everyone hops out. The two men in the cab get out and pop the hood, while the other decide to spread out and start searching the nearby homes.*

*It's only a matter of time before on of them walks into the home you are in, you may have 4 to 5 minutes tops.*

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I run as quietly as I can heading straight to the back of the house searching for a way to escape before I am discovered.

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

James Martin
I walk to the father and the daughter and ask them where the nearest shelter is.

This response was ok, (instructive criticism) but try to describe How you walked over to them, what you specifically said to them, and maybe even tell me/other people reading how they smell or look? Its your story remember haha.

"About four-five miles down the highway here. There's a small town, unless you mean any type of shelter, Then you'll run into an over pass in 2-3 miles before you reach the town." *Says the man* "Do you have any food mister?" *replies the little girl* "You know better then to ask people for things Ashlyn!" *The man says scaldingly*

*NOTE* Do not be so negligent. Even tho the man has a little girl, that doesn't mean he wouldn't just kill you outright for your stuff to better provide for his own family. But in this very rare case, there are still good people left in the world.

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Michael Lee

*You run out the back door and down the street deeper into the town. You know you'll need more than just food and water if your going to make that kind of a hike back to your wife. As you run you notice that more fallout is falling from the sky, You begin slowing down to a steady pace but are breathing in large amounts of radioactive dust with each breath as you are still catching your breath from running away from the raiders.*

-5 thirst -15 stamina from running, +20 rads for being outside.
-10 hygiene for sweat and fallout residue on your person.

Current Meters
=============
Meters
Thirst: %75
Stamina: 75%
Hygiene: 65%
Rads: 45
=============

*NOTE: I will try and give you tips to help you survive but I can not always do this. My knowledge in a survival situation wont help you, so its good to read up. (pour half a bottle of water onto your bandana, This will help trap more fallout particles before entering your lungs. Causing you to get less rads.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Awesome, I 'inspired' someone. I like this considering there are many survival RPG's that usually don't work. One tip I will give you though is... Try and use more BBCode, it makes everything look a bit more organized and stand out if needed.

Like in your introduction for the RPG some things where a bit too cluttered for me and sometimes that sends people away.

I won't be joining but I'll probably be lurking around here. xD

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the tips! They are for sure noted, It will be a while I believe before I decide to make another RPG but when I do I will use them. Probably in a v3.0 lol

Keonking1995
Keonking1995
79 posts
Nomad

Bump (Spots still open)

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

I pour a half a bottle of water onto my bandana and pour the rest over my hands.

Showing 1-15 of 31