Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 5:43pm

hahahaha111

hahahaha111

1 post

New Leaked Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer.

Check Out:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tDOnFGNP158]

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 7:20pm

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

You should be ashamed posting Leaked footage.  I'm fairly certain a mod will come here and lock this, mostly because a lack of substance to the OP.

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 11:24pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,770 posts

You should be ashamed posting Leaked footage.

Are you joking? It's an official trailer. It tells you to pre-order the game at the end of the video. They already have a release date and everything. Not a leak.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 1:28pm

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

I am joking. 

(Sometimes i forget that you people are children, and not the people I've dealt with in Memecenter)

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 3:53pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

link fix

This should help

-Blade

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 5:22pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

597 posts

This game does look excellent from the trailer. It definitely used the PlayStation 4's (What whatever other new systems may be coming out) platform because that just looked so vivid and breathtaking.  I just worry for the series, that they may be releasing games to quickly. I know it may come to an end soon but the designers should definitely be cautious. Then again, it's Assassin's Creed. the quality of games in the series continues to increase.
I do have one question;
Is the Assassin Connor or someone new? (I haven't played AC3 and can't think of Connor's distinctive features off the top of my head. the two do look similar to me though.)

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 6:20pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Is the Assassin Connor or someone new?

It's Edward Kenway, Haytham's father / Connor's grandfather.

I don't like how they're releasing this so soon, and it doesn't look that different from 3. I was really hoping for an Asian setting and farther back with no/few guns and more building free-running for the next AC.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 7:37pm

Digobr23

Digobr23

128 posts

I don't know if it is just me, but this Assassin's Creed doesn't look impressive at all. It's just AC III with much more ship fights and those things. If they put Jack Sparrow in the game, I might consider buying it.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 8:01pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,770 posts

I don't like how they're releasing this so soon, and it doesn't look that different from 3.

It's just AC III with much more ship fights and those things. If they put Jack Sparrow in the game, I might consider buying it.

...Guys. WTF. This is way different than AC3. These are freakin' pirates. This might not be yet another "wow look at all these buildings to climb" game, but it's an AAA game about pirates. When was the last time there was an actually good pirate themed game? This is going to be incredible. The ship combat will probably be much deeper in this game.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 9:39pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

This might not be yet another "wow look at all these buildings to climb" game

The buildings made traveling much easier and were beautiful, they filled the games. AC3 didn't have to have all the buildings from previous games, but they could've filled in more space and varied them. Whenever I'd get caught up with guards and try to escape or tail someone it would be so difficult and irritating because you don't have much area to climb.

Either way, I hope they vary things in this one. Add more weapons, side missions, reduce gun use, etc.

Going back and playing AC2 / Brotherhood, they had so much variety and felt much more complete. You don't start off as top assassin, you have to progress, many different types of guards and you could take their weapons, combos, customizing your character with armor and weapons, changing the assassin clothing, stores, buying land and rebuilding areas. Just overall you had more to do and keep yourself entertained with. I can see why they didn't have you start out learning everything again since we've done that since the beginning, but they could've brought back the things I mentioned to make it more complete.

Ship combat was alright in AC3, but I'm not sure how they're going to make that the main thing to do in a ~15 hour game. Having several islands to explore with treasure or something could make it entertaining. Sea monsters too, though I'm not sure if that'd fit. I was disappointed with the kraken/bigfoot/etc side missions in AC3. There was a giant squid in AC2, so maybe they could work something out.

Reply to Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer

You must be logged in to post a reply!