ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer

33 9030
hahahaha111
hahahaha111
1 posts
Nomad

New Leaked Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Offical Trailer.

Check Out:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tDOnFGNP158]

• 33 Replies
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

You should be ashamed posting Leaked footage. I'm fairly certain a mod will come here and lock this, mostly because a lack of substance to the OP.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

You should be ashamed posting Leaked footage.

Are you joking? It's an official trailer. It tells you to pre-order the game at the end of the video. They already have a release date and everything. Not a leak.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I am joking.

(Sometimes i forget that you people are children, and not the people I've dealt with in Memecenter)

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

link fix

This should help

-Blade

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

This game does look excellent from the trailer. It definitely used the PlayStation 4's (What whatever other new systems may be coming out) platform because that just looked so vivid and breathtaking. I just worry for the series, that they may be releasing games to quickly. I know it may come to an end soon but the designers should definitely be cautious. Then again, it's Assassin's Creed. the quality of games in the series continues to increase.
I do have one question;
Is the Assassin Connor or someone new? (I haven't played AC3 and can't think of Connor's distinctive features off the top of my head. the two do look similar to me though.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Is the Assassin Connor or someone new?

It's Edward Kenway, Haytham's father / Connor's grandfather.

I don't like how they're releasing this so soon, and it doesn't look that different from 3. I was really hoping for an Asian setting and farther back with no/few guns and more building free-running for the next AC.
Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

I don't know if it is just me, but this Assassin's Creed doesn't look impressive at all. It's just AC III with much more ship fights and those things. If they put Jack Sparrow in the game, I might consider buying it.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I don't like how they're releasing this so soon, and it doesn't look that different from 3.

It's just AC III with much more ship fights and those things. If they put Jack Sparrow in the game, I might consider buying it.

...Guys. WTF. This is way different than AC3. These are freakin' pirates. This might not be yet another "wow look at all these buildings to climb" game, but it's an AAA game about pirates. When was the last time there was an actually good pirate themed game? This is going to be incredible. The ship combat will probably be much deeper in this game.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This might not be yet another "wow look at all these buildings to climb" game

The buildings made traveling much easier and were beautiful, they filled the games. AC3 didn't have to have all the buildings from previous games, but they could've filled in more space and varied them. Whenever I'd get caught up with guards and try to escape or tail someone it would be so difficult and irritating because you don't have much area to climb.

Either way, I hope they vary things in this one. Add more weapons, side missions, reduce gun use, etc.

Going back and playing AC2 / Brotherhood, they had so much variety and felt much more complete. You don't start off as top assassin, you have to progress, many different types of guards and you could take their weapons, combos, customizing your character with armor and weapons, changing the assassin clothing, stores, buying land and rebuilding areas. Just overall you had more to do and keep yourself entertained with. I can see why they didn't have you start out learning everything again since we've done that since the beginning, but they could've brought back the things I mentioned to make it more complete.

Ship combat was alright in AC3, but I'm not sure how they're going to make that the main thing to do in a ~15 hour game. Having several islands to explore with treasure or something could make it entertaining. Sea monsters too, though I'm not sure if that'd fit. I was disappointed with the kraken/bigfoot/etc side missions in AC3. There was a giant squid in AC2, so maybe they could work something out.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

This is starting to get me concerned about Ubisoft.

How did they know that the fans would love the naval combat so much, that they can already create an AC game centered around it before ACIII even came out...

Not just that, but no information is being released about the historical context of this new game, so it might just be another glorified action game. ACIII was just dragging it's story around as an excuse for Connor to fight, what's to say this isn't the same, either?

Not just that, but it's only been a year since ACIII came out, and Watch_Dogs is coming out at around the same time, too. There's no way their team is that big, they've had to divide them up carefully.

Did Ubisoft get a PS4 Deal before some of Sony's other devs?

They're getting too far from what made Assassin's Creed great in the first place, this is starting to get sad.

Hopefully, Watch_Dogs is gonna be good, and if not, InFAMOUS: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall is gonna turn out well. Maybe something from Naughty Dog...

Anyways, correction time.

This game does look excellent from the trailer. It definitely used the PlayStation 4's (What whatever other new systems may be coming out) platform because that just looked so vivid and breathtaking.

It's CG, not actual gameplay.

the quality of games in the series continues to increase.

It's becoming a glorified action game with less emphasis on story and historical context. It's becoming worse from the first few, if anything.

I don't know if it is just me, but this Assassin's Creed doesn't look impressive at all. It's just AC III with much more ship fights and those things. If they put Jack Sparrow in the game, I might consider buying it.

That's pretty shallow, considering that we've only seen a CG Trailer, with no information on the game itself, whatsoever.

This might not be yet another "wow look at all these buildings to climb" game, but it's an AAA game about pirates

What made Assassin's Creed great was the fact that it was historical fiction and also managed to have a good story, not the gameplay. That's pretty shallow, since that's the first thing you think of and not the story.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

It's becoming a glorified action game with less emphasis on story and historical context. It's becoming worse from the first few, if anything.

Parents not checking their kid's games. Target audience becomes children. The meaning is lost and it becomes "Gratuitous violence simulator number 5 billion." (Call of Duty syndrome)

If anything, I'm sad to admit to myself that I'm more focused on Grand Theft Auto this time around, considering I'm a huge fan of Assassin's Creed.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i heard the name black beard. so there are pirates and there will be more ship missions ^^
only for that i will buy it (2nd hand)

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

FUUUUU No American Civil War game? Besides that, this game look pretty bad. I mean releasing a game barely a year after the last one? Methinks they got COD syndrome.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

Call of Duty syndrome is a become very dominant in gaming now a days. Even with more than just AC. It's just Ubisoft keeping up with the curve because they have such a main stream game series. It is saddening that they didn't spend more time and use more historically accurate and relevant things. I must so, I was another that really wanted an Assassin's Creed Civil War game. I'm confused about the title. If, in history, it comes before AC:III, why is it AC:IV? that's odd to me.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

I'm confused about the title. If, in history, it comes before AC:III, why is it AC:IV? that's odd to me.

The main storyline actually takes place after 3.

And by main, I'm referring to Present Day.

THAT'S what should be the main storyline, anyways...
Showing 1-15 of 33