ForumsGamesBest Video Game Soundtracks

52 16337
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Which video games do you believe have the best overall soundtrack?

Personally, my favorite game soundtrack (as a whole) would have to be from the game Bastion.

Here's a link to one of the wonderful songs from the game.

So what are some of you favorite game soundtracks (as a whole)?

• 52 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The first Megaman games had good soundtracks.

Zelda is definitely one of many series with great music, along with Final Fantasy.

Personally, I enjoy listening to Super Smash Bros. music as it brings back nostalgia for me.

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

I like seeing a lot of Fallout here . Definitely had some amazing songs on the amazing Pip-Boy. I choose Sonic Adventure 2 though. Songs in that game were so epic and fit the mood of the levels really well in my opinion.

ffmaster99
ffmaster99
2 posts
Shepherd

sanctuary from kingdom hearts 2 is the best song in a video game i have ever heard.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Oblivion,skyrim and anybody remember the bit in the race of freelancer? that was great too :P.

EpitomeofAwesome
EpitomeofAwesome
24 posts
Peasant

Aquaria
Cave Story

By far the two best game soundtracks ever created in my opinion.
Zelda games are an obvious choice imo, and these games are just so good in every aspect, it just adds to their wow factor that they have ridiculously good music.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Any game from the SSB, Zelda or Metroid series. Nintendo spends more time on audio than any other developer I've seen.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I personally didn't like Oblivion's tunes that much. TES as a whole has a few good songs but mostly nothing special.

I'd like to mention Kirby and the Crystal Shards 64. Great soundtrack. The invincibility theme rocks so hard.

The Metal Gear series of course has a wonderful soundtrack. If I had to pick one game from it, I'd cheat and say Guns of the Patriots, because it has most of the old music. Calling to the Night and Snake Eater are particularly good.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Delete my last post. That quote button has been taboo for me lately.

I'd like to mention Kirby and the Crystal Shards 64. Great soundtrack. The invincibility theme rocks so hard.

Wow, thanks for reminding me. This game was my freaking childhood. It had enough variety to keep me entertained and the soundtrack wasn't overflowing with background noise - it was fairly simple.
matty235
matty235
1 posts
Farmer

[quote]The Metal Gear series of course has a wonderful soundtrack.

This i hole-heatedly agree with. Metal Gear has a beautiful soundtrack, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Listening to Icarus on the soundtrack just set'sup the entire fell of the game. Also Halo has an amazing soundtrack that just set's the mood on so many occasions over so many of it's games.

theni
theni
34 posts
Shepherd

I would have to say that Advanced wars has some of the best character theme song music out there. At least it does through the first three games. The music fits with the characters personalities and also help to enrich them.

aidan166
aidan166
17 posts
Nomad

Metal Gear Solid 3
Dynasty Warriors
The radio from Portal

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Dark Souls may not have many tracks, but the few that it has are beautiful.

OST for the final boss.

Another boss fight OST.

This fight is pretty sad, but the song is great.

Outcast_Gamer117
Outcast_Gamer117
22 posts
Nomad

Halo games.

Spore
Spore
1,106 posts
Peasant

Crysis 2 and World of Warcraft...

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Any Zelda, the Metroid Prime games, Bastion.

Showing 16-30 of 52