ForumsGamesBest Video Game Soundtracks

52 16315
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Which video games do you believe have the best overall soundtrack?

Personally, my favorite game soundtrack (as a whole) would have to be from the game Bastion.

Here's a link to one of the wonderful songs from the game.

So what are some of you favorite game soundtracks (as a whole)?

• 52 Replies
Mikebsp458
Mikebsp458
3 posts
Nomad

-The Lord Of The Rings (all of them. not sure if this is fair cuz the soundtrack was made for the movie obviously)
-Oblivion
-GTA San Andreas

FatRefrigerator
FatRefrigerator
1 posts
Nomad

If we're going with original soundtracks then I would have to say the Halo Series, specifically 1 &2.

Now best soundtrack of actual record label songs goes to ATV Offroad Fury 2, it had the best compilation of music that went perfectly with the gameplay.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

ALL ZELDA GAMES, i've heard that journey has a good soundtrack, and uh, super smash bros, what else.... :P

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

GTA Vice City and San Andreas have fantastic soundtracks, but they're not originally composed for the game or anything. There's a lot of really good original radio bits and ads written for the game though.

Outcast_Gamer117
Outcast_Gamer117
22 posts
Nomad

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Halo 4
Chrono Trigger

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

DKC
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

floodrunner7777
floodrunner7777
53 posts
Nomad

halo 3 / 3 odst had the most memorable soundtracks such as black tower and gravemind are most memorable :P

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Halo1, Banjo and Kazooie (favorite), Ocarina of Time, medal of Honor Frontline. Donkey Kong Country 2 was pretty awesome too.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Out of the games I've played; The elder scrolls and halo series.
My personal favourite though is the soundtrack for the game Total Annihilation; composed by Jeremy Soule who also did TES. Major kudos to anyone else who's played it.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, and the Total War series. Medieval 2 and its Kingdoms expansion in particular.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I have to admit, there are a few game soundtracks that I really liked, here are a few:

-Fallout 3

-Journey

-Pokemon Sapphire

HappyFaceaNinja
HappyFaceaNinja
55 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of Time!!!

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Ok, I love Bethesda, but their music wasn't anything special. Sure, those long nights you spent playing Fallout 3 and Oblivion sort of implanted a mark in your heart, and i do get excited hearing them, but these aren't ood enough to be favorites, but it is your opinion, so i'll shut up now...O.O

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTztR_y9iHc

This song makes me freakin cry!

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

This song makes me freakin cry!

Ah come on the boss battle music was epic. It was the best reason to go back and beat the game. Just to hear that awesome music. And to think it all is modified version of the Teddy Bear picnic song
Showing 31-45 of 52