ForumsGamesBest Video Game Soundtracks

52 16316
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Which video games do you believe have the best overall soundtrack?

Personally, my favorite game soundtrack (as a whole) would have to be from the game Bastion.

Here's a link to one of the wonderful songs from the game.

So what are some of you favorite game soundtracks (as a whole)?

• 52 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Fallout 3 and New Vegas had superb soundtracks. Sword and Sorcery's soundtrack was an integral part of the game, simply beautiful.

The song that plays during the flash game Aether is pretty nice too.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mine would be LoZ Skyward Sword main theme

I've pretty much only paid attention to Zelda music.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

The sound Tracks to the Kingdom Hearts games have always blown me away. Their music is so soulful and unique. It's very marvelous.

I also very much enjoy the Music for Sonic the Hedgehog games. They've always done very well in giving me the "amped-up" feeling that goes so perfectly with fast paced games like that.

Pokemon game music has always been very good also (with the exception of some of the Black and White 2 stuffs like Hugh's theme and N's). My favorite of that group of games is the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald musics. The use of the trumpets mixed with really intense drums and sounds really made me happy to play those games with the volume all the way up.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this counts but the car radios on gta vice city and san andreas were great.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hey, y'all.

Well, in my humble opinion, the soundtracks for Legend of Zelda Games are just perfect. I - sadly - haven't got to play any Zelda game other than "A Link to The Past - that because of my lack of access to consoles/emulators to play them - however, I have watched many videos about Zelda games and, man... those soundtracks are awesomely perfect. Specially in the N64 title "Majora's Mask"

Additionally, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim have nice music as well. In TESV, those nord chants can make any warrior act viking-like and fight everyone to get to know more about the Dohvakiin stuff.

By the way, for people that enjoy metal and hard-electronic tunes in their game's soundtracks, I'd recommend Killing Floor's soundtrack. Those tracks - specially the boss battle song, called "Abandon" - can really deliver a violent atmosphere for fighting tons of zombies... er... "specimens".

I don't know if this counts but the car radios on gta vice city and san andreas were great.

I agree with Cale. GTA: VC's soundtrack can really establish the mighty "80's" feeling to the game, making every ride one of the most authentical, 80's experience. And GTA: SA's soundtrack reflects the atmosphere of the San Andreas state: K-Rose for countrymen/country style enthusiasts, K-DST/Radio X for rockers and Radio Los Santos for the fans of rap.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I liked the Thief soundtracks. That music always sounded good for Garrett's work, and each mission had its own track. Shalebridge Cradle was especially good, and Shipping--And Receiving will always stay with me.

DACMiester
DACMiester
74 posts
Shepherd

Perfect Dark had (and still has) one of the best soundtracks of any game ever made. Of course, it was also one of the most incredible and, by many standards, best games ever made, especially considering how advanced it was for the time it was made in.

I mean, all that glorious music on an N64 game? If that doesn't strike you as impressive, then you didn't let it hit you hard enough.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I think the video game Heavy Rain had great music. It is somewhat sad, but it matches the game perfectly (I find it funny that that is pretty much what every body else said: [fits] the game perfectly).

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

(I find it funny that that is pretty much what every body else said: [fits] the game perfectly).

Extra, extra, read all about it! Soundtracks are designed to fit their games!
Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Ocarina of Time has the best soundtracks in history, there isn't a single melody in that game that I don't like.

Fallout 3 also has a great soundtrack.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Let me be the first to say, (shame on you guys!) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I practically nostalgia all over myself every time I hear the main theme and the rest of the music aint bad either.

joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

all the music from final fantasy 13-2 is amazing ... seriously you can buy the music on their website

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I really enjoyed mw2's music. Especially the short team intros. Those intro tracks were the best in any CoD.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

My favourite soundtrack is from GTA Vice City, my favourite game of course.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Final Fantasy
Banjo Kazooie
Zelda

And a lot more that I can't remember right now.

Showing 1-15 of 52