ForumsWEPRScientology and other cults

17 2803
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

I for one think that Scientology is absolutely one of the dumbest religions ever. Scratch that, It's 2nd on my list. Heaven's Gate is 1st. Why do people believe such nonsense?! Scientology still goes on today too. I heard once you're in the cult, you'll never get out. What sickens me the most is that the creator of this "religion" was also a science-fiction writer. Really? You're gonna believe something a science-fiction writer wrote down? Seriously?

• 17 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,170 posts

Actually, most places call it a religion. Everywhere acknowledges its existence

Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States, Italy,[10][11] South Africa,[12] Australia,[13] Sweden,[14] New Zealand,[15][16] Portugal[17] and Spain;[18][19][20][21][22] the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide religion.[23]

In other countries, notably Canada, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, Scientology does not have comparable religious status although Churches are allowed.

In other countries, they are A. not recognized or B. labeled a sect.
partydevil
partydevil
5,170 posts

btw, whit "not recognized" it doesn't mean they all denied it. more like it never came to a official topic.

Showing 16-17 of 17