Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Why AG?

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:22pm

daleks

daleks

3,843 posts

You are wandering around the Tavern. Suddenly, out of nowhere a thread catches your eye. You go to the thread wanting to know more.

So we all know that you like AG. But why did you choose AG? Why not another gaming site like Kong or NewGrounds? Please please do not just say because AG is better. We know that you believe AG is better or chances are you would not be on here. Is it the community that you love or maybe the games AG puts out? Whatever the reason just give one!

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:27pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,610 posts

Kong seemed too crowded and I couldn't figure out Newgrounds (and it was also crowded). This place seemed like it had a better-sized community than those two, as well as a lot of other gaming sites that have hardly any visitors.

It's also fun to have lots of quests in each quest game rather than just one or two like on Kongregate.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 9:39pm

GhostOfMetal

GhostOfMetal

719 posts

Kong is too unorganized for me. And the layout for AG is more visually appealing. I was a member of Newgrounds for a while, but fell off from there because I didn't do anything. I like AG's active community who are generally nicer and more open to new people. Granted, I used to be a weird social train wreck when I first came here.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 10:07pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,498 posts

Knight

I got into AG because of Exit Path (a player asked me to create an account), before that I'd play games on a bunch of random sites, but this was the first where I had an account. The community usually has an ideal level of activity, not too much or too little, just enough where I can keep up with threads and not be confused. I use Kong too, but mainly to private message a friend. Their games are fun and I enjoy the badges, but I'd rather use AG as my primary gaming site. I occasionally use their forums too, but the activity level is too high for me to keep up with.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 10:13pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

10,266 posts

Hmmmm, was a while ago, i searched for a specific game and google shows me some results. Im not one of these "click on the first hit"-ones, i look a lil bit on the findings and the name ArmorGames sounds nice.
Later i take a look on other sites too, but i like the layout/style. AG is... lets say smoother than some other sites, there a couple of "attention *****s" out there^^

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 10:27pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Why not another gaming site like Kong or NewGrounds?

1) I like the layout of the games better here.
2) I've been here longer.
3) I like the forum layout better.
4) I've never looked at NewGrounds' forums, but Kong's really aren't much different.

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 10:40pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,782 posts

AG was the first gaming site that Killersup found...thats about it!

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 11:44pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

I got into AG because of Exit Path
Same here. My brother showed me it. But, I noticed some people were talking about Kong and I was like hey I should see what that's like. So I did and it seemed like everything was bunched up together. Especially the community. It was so confusing and so much more different. I guess I will check out NewGrounds.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:02am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

Because it was the first site I ran across when playing flash games, which was a looong time ago, and I didn't know there were other sites back then. After using this site to play games for 2 or so years, I didn't want to switch sites becuase I was so used to this site.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 12:21am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

It was one of my favorite old gaming websites, along with Miniclip and CrazyMonkeyGames. It wasn't until later that I realized how much fun Forum Games are. I haven't seen a site that combines both games and forums as well as AG (haven't really researched Kong, but I do have a Newgrounds account and it's not as much fun as I'd hoped), so I'm here. I do use Roleplayer Guild for more advanced RPs, but Armor Games is overall more comfortable. It's like going to a gaming competition, then coming home and just chilling out with friends and an Xbox. Much more fun just chilling out with friends and less stressful.

Also, the Mods and Admins here are very personable and available.

Plus, you can become an AG Moderator. How cool is that?

Reply to Why AG?

You must be logged in to post a reply!