ForumsThe TavernWhy AG?

28 7373
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You are wandering around the Tavern. Suddenly, out of nowhere a thread catches your eye. You go to the thread wanting to know more.

So we all know that you like AG. But why did you choose AG? Why not another gaming site like Kong or NewGrounds? Please please do not just say because AG is better. We know that you believe AG is better or chances are you would not be on here. Is it the community that you love or maybe the games AG puts out? Whatever the reason just give one!

• 28 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Kong seemed too crowded and I couldn't figure out Newgrounds (and it was also crowded). This place seemed like it had a better-sized community than those two, as well as a lot of other gaming sites that have hardly any visitors.

It's also fun to have lots of quests in each quest game rather than just one or two like on Kongregate.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

Kong is too unorganized for me. And the layout for AG is more visually appealing. I was a member of Newgrounds for a while, but fell off from there because I didn't do anything. I like AG's active community who are generally nicer and more open to new people. Granted, I used to be a weird social train wreck when I first came here.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I got into AG because of Exit Path (a player asked me to create an account), before that I'd play games on a bunch of random sites, but this was the first where I had an account. The community usually has an ideal level of activity, not too much or too little, just enough where I can keep up with threads and not be confused. I use Kong too, but mainly to private message a friend. Their games are fun and I enjoy the badges, but I'd rather use AG as my primary gaming site. I occasionally use their forums too, but the activity level is too high for me to keep up with.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Why not another gaming site like Kong or NewGrounds?

1) I like the layout of the games better here.
2) I've been here longer.
3) I like the forum layout better.
4) I've never looked at NewGrounds' forums, but Kong's really aren't much different.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

AG was the first gaming site that Killersup found...thats about it!

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I got into AG because of Exit Path
Same here. My brother showed me it. But, I noticed some people were talking about Kong and I was like hey I should see what that's like. So I did and it seemed like everything was bunched up together. Especially the community. It was so confusing and so much more different. I guess I will check out NewGrounds.
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Because it was the first site I ran across when playing flash games, which was a looong time ago, and I didn't know there were other sites back then. After using this site to play games for 2 or so years, I didn't want to switch sites becuase I was so used to this site.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Well because of the forums of course!I found out about AG when I saw that almost every game on some websites are from Ag.I decided to visit the website and I liked it that's why.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Good initiative daleks! Respect! I will add my two cents in here as well... =)

Before joining, I played a lot of free online games for almost a year on a lot of different websites; BubbleBox, Kongregate, MiniClip, NewGrounds, AddictingGames and (of course) ArmorGames!

But what annoyed me the most about all those online gaming websites were their 'noisy webpage designs' with tons of advertisements behind every image, link, page, younameit! ArmorGames did not only turn up as the #1 link for many searches (great Google coverage!), it also had a nice, steady and easy page design. My eyes couldn't believe it! Woot! d(O_O)b

My ultimate reason to join the website was to rate the game "The Last Stand" (the very first game), which deserved a 10/10 rating for being awesome! And so, after I finished making my account and rating the game, I started exploring the website a little and found the (back then) thriving community, which grabbed me and never let go!!

I never left! =)

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

does anyone remember this?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I got here following a link from a game I played on agame.com, it could have been Stormwinds, but I'm not sure. Some time has passed, and now that I've played the hell out of Sinjid already, the forums are the only thing that keep me coming back. Not the tavern, though...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Because, well, yes, exit path, and when I joined I think John still worked for AG then and I really like his games.
Also, a big part of the reason I came here first instead of Kong: I just don't like their logo. Around the time I joined, [a month or three before] one of my friends had stepped in a fireant nest and her feet looked terrifying. No ants. And Kong is crowded.
:3

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I followed a link here from Miniclip in 2006, maybe 2005. AG1.0 had a very good update stream of flash games, and I had no knowledge of Newgrounds until roughly 2008, Kongregate until 2010.

Habit.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here is my backstory.

I got into flash gaming a long time ago. In school, kids would play games on miniclip. That was probably my first encounter with flash gaming (back when it was sort of a new thing). I eventually found Stick RPG and then Motherlaod on Xgenstudios and spent a lot of time with those games, eventually playing other games on the site.

I started to notice that a lot of games hosted on Xgenstudios would come from Armor Games. Most of these games had content that you could only use if you played on Armor Games, so it made more sense to come over here and play those games. I liked the forums better here too.

I played games on Armor Games for a while without an account, but then came Arcuz. I can't remember if I needed the account to create a save file, but I also wanted to ask a question about Arcuz on the forums. That is when I got an account.

This is how I got started here. The site hosts a lot of quality games, users are more friendly, I like the layout, and such. This is why I prefer Armor Games also, I feel like they host more and better games and have more exclusives as well as I enjoy the forums.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I discovered flash games just a couple of months before I made my AG account and thanks to a colleague at work. I started to play games on a website he recommended me, but games weren't that good, although their ratings were pretty high which was something I never understood and that bothered me a little bit. Luckily I clicked on a link that led me here while I was playing Castaway 2.

What I liked in the first place is that there were a lot of quality games to play and that I could actually rate them. Not to mention that the design of the website was (and is) quite nice and simple (in a way that pages were not overloaded with tons of information or advertisements). And then I discovered the community and I started to enjoy being here much more.

To be honest, I ended up here by accident because that link could've led me somewhere else. I've never left because this site offers me plenty of entertainment and up until now I haven't felt the need to look for something else.

Showing 1-15 of 28