Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Why AG?

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 6:01am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

2,134 posts

I discovered flash games just a couple of months before I made my AG account and thanks to a colleague at work. I started to play games on a website he recommended me, but games weren't that good, although their ratings were pretty high which was something I never understood and that bothered me a little bit. Luckily I clicked on a link that led me here while I was playing Castaway 2.

What I liked in the first place is that there were a lot of quality games to play and that I could actually rate them. Not to mention that the design of the website was (and is) quite nice and simple (in a way that pages were not overloaded with tons of information or advertisements). And then I discovered the community and I started to enjoy being here much more.

To be honest, I ended up here by accident because that link could've led me somewhere else. I've never left because this site offers me plenty of entertainment and up until now I haven't felt the need to look for something else.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 12:06pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

6,022 posts

AG will let me pee on the carpet and they don't get mad.

It started when my friend recommended exit path. Then I got tired of the animal names, so I created my own. Thankfully this one was excepted, little me had nerdy alternatives. A few months later a found out about the forums and profiles and such. I hopped it the video games forum arguing about games and such. And I got lost and haven't found the way out yet.

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 12:58am

stifler1111

stifler1111

7 posts

now i know what AG is,.. tnx . useful thread to me =)

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 1:09am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,861 posts

@Daleks

*clap, clap* I like stories.

Anyways I came from to play Castaway 2. From somewhere else... MaxGames perhaps. But once I started to play I saw all of the extra items you could get by singing up. So I did. I never really went in the forums at all. No one really messaged me except for a few of my exit path friends... Then I stated to message people like Ernie and thats how I got here.

BTW, this is the first site I made an account on. I probably would've made one on miniclip or kong, but there wasn't anything to tell me to like Castaway

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 1:22am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,583 posts

Knight

I tried Kongregate. I left after a few days. I tried Newgrounds. I left after about 20 minutes. I tried AG.

I can't leave no matter how hard I try.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 2:39am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

531 posts

All flash game forums are generally bad, AG is just a little better than the rest. One of the things I love here is you don't have people acting like posts = power.

The layout of the forums is also really awesome. I think the small ideas all added together is what really makes AG an entertaining place to be.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 3:52pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,090 posts

One of the things I love here is you don't have people acting like posts = power.

To clarify..

People with high posts or people that have been around for a while don't act like that

People with low posts that are familiar with a majority of the community (sadly...most the people in Forum Games) think it does

This actually can be seen with Disco King. I respect him..not because of his posting habits..but because he expands (at least tries to) into other areas other than Forum Games. What saddens me is that users see his posts increasing rapidly (mostly due to Forum Games being the only active section of the Community) and act like he is a great Community..solely for the fact that he posts a lot. Not for the fact that he actually makes quality posts and all.

It reminds me of what happened with me..people noticed my post count claiming rapidly..and only a few actually took notice of the fact that I wasn't doing to for the posts or to spam

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 4:47pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

The mods aren't overpowered nerds that received their promotions by loving the admins.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 9:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

I can't leave no matter how hard I try.

Why would you anyway? I can understand wanting to restrict your time if you spend an unhealthy amount of time here, but not completely leaving. AG is such a fun place, I don't see a reason to leave.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 9:52am

Digobr23

Digobr23

128 posts

I prefer the simplicity of Armor Games than the AAA style of both NG and Kong. Also, the community here is better than the one in Newgrounds, where (almost) everybody acts like a retarded kid. Even with Armor being my favorite site, I prefer getting medals on NG or badges on Kongregate than quests here.

Reply to Why AG?

You must be logged in to post a reply!