ForumsWEPRDoomsday

35 16566
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

How do You think the world's gonna end? If it ever does I think the end times from the bible.

• 35 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

If it ever does I think the end times from the bible.

I myself believe that all life will end when the universe attains thermal equilibruim, which translates to no more free energy being available. this probably won't happen for a very long time, however. the world will most likely be destroyed by a nuclear war, or by the sun entering into red giant pahse. the first seems much more likely though.

-Blade
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Blade have you heard of MAD?
I doubt that we will use nuclear weapons as an actual weapon for quite some time. If we do the world as we know it will come to a sudden, very bright, very loud, and extremely destructive end. The only possibility is if China, N.Korea, or some Middle eastern country gets nuclear weapons without the US's knowledge.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Blade have you heard of MAD?
I doubt that we will use nuclear weapons as an actual weapon for quite some time. If we do the world as we know it will come to a sudden, very bright, very loud, and extremely destructive end. The only possibility is if China, N.Korea, or some Middle eastern country gets nuclear weapons without the US's knowledge.

Yes, yes i know about mutually assured destruction. Unfortunately for you, MAD doesn't apply to any of the countries except those who have confirmed their stockpile of nuclear weapons. Besides, all bets are off when nuclear countries go to war, which has a definite chance of happening should china decide to collect on the debt the US so foolishly accumulated. Also, should the someone nuke a nuclear country, that country can make more nukes within a matter of days. Nuclear war... still possible.

-Blade
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

still possible.
possible but unlikey (I hope that nobody is stupid enough to launch a nuclear attack against another nuclear-arms-bearing country)
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

You might want to specify what type of Doomsday you're talking about. Are you talking about an end of the world doomsday, an end of the human race doomsday, or an end of the universe doomsday? I, for one, remain optimistic that by the time Earth is swallowed by the red giant, human life will exist elsewhere in the universe. Let's also be careful not to mix religion and science here. If given the choice to recovery the weather forecast from a 2,000 years old contradictory manuscript or from a local news station with cutting else tech, I'd pick technology every time. The same goes for doomsday predictions.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

[quote]manuscript[quote]
technically not a manuscript but a collection of books but go on.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The international decree of Mutually-Assured Destruction is as flimsy as wet toilet paper up Detroit's sewers in April. You cannot trust all countries 100% of the time to withhold those orders even under the most stress-inducing conditions. Who will &quotunish" them for "breaking a law"?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

If it ever does I think the end times from the bible.

That really depends on your interpretation.

technically not a manuscript but a collection of books but go on.

I think he was singling out Revelation.
CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

There is also a theory that the Universe may not actually end. I don't remember who suggested this theory but I think it was mentioned on the Science channel.

xian37
xian37
15 posts
Nomad

as far as I know. no one knows about the end of the world.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yes, yes i know about mutually assured destruction. Unfortunately for you, MAD doesn't apply to any of the countries except those who have confirmed their stockpile of nuclear weapons. Besides, all bets are off when nuclear countries go to war, which has a definite chance of happening should china decide to collect on the debt the US so foolishly accumulated. Also, should the someone nuke a nuclear country, that country can make more nukes within a matter of days. Nuclear war... still possible.

No, war will not occur between China and the US. China is much more concerned with the huge economical, political and most of all social changes that are sweeping through it. It spends more on internal security than on defense, just to give you some idea of such revolutionary changes. China and the US have a much more mutual and symbiotic relationship than people think; furthermore, the Chinese are more than content to just sit back and bask in the light of their own rising star, as the Middle Kingdom of the world, as they always have.

China has for decades had the bomb. It was also the nation to fastest complete the gap between a fission and fusion type bomb. Where have you been living?

And NK already has the bomb.

Who will &quotunish" them for "breaking a law"?

It's not a matter of having an international arbitrator. Having missiles rain down on you in a retaliatory strike is punishment enough.
rustygooga
rustygooga
21 posts
Peasant

well i dont mean to bring religion into this but in revelations in the christian bible it says jesus one day will come back..... sooooo i think when he comes back he will kill us all cause we been bad people X.x

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

doomsday as the end of the world? when the sun dies, of course...but maybe planet earth can drift away from the sun so a chunk of dry earth floats around in space till who knows what happens. i do not know, do i look like a fortune teller?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

when the sun dies, of course...but maybe planet earth can drift away from the sun so a chunk of dry earth floats around in space till who knows what happens. i do not know, do i look like a fortune teller?

Weeeell, a tad, to be honest. First, I want to see how you manage to make planet earth drift away from the suns grasp. Second, you know that life on earth actually needs the sun to survive. If we float away, we die.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Weeeell, a tad, to be honest. First, I want to see how you manage to make planet earth drift away from the suns grasp. Second, you know that life on earth actually needs the sun to survive. If we float away, we die.

before the sun dies, it grows into a red giant, then, after some years, it shrinks to a white dwarf. when it dies, it implodes and some scientists think that the earth could drift away since the gravity of the sun does not longer exist.

i do not know what will happen to the planet earth, maybe it gets destroyed or it can drift away...i do not know.

the only thing i know is that, before the sun dies, it becomes so hot on the planet earth (thanks to the bigger sun) that all water vaporates, even the entire ice, leaving the planet earth as a dry chunk of earth. but before that happens every living being dies on the earth, i do not know anything that can survive the heat.
Showing 1-15 of 35