Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Doomsday

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 4:12pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,756 posts

I believe that we'll never make it to the space age

I'm sorry..before I go on..I need to take a moment before going on. I don't know whether to start busting out in hysteric laughter or do a facepalm so epic that I fracture my skull..

You do realize that we are in the middle of the Space Age now, correct? In fact, it started in 1957, with Sputnik

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources before the end of the world, that's why I don't mind oil but also don't donate to companies or encourage companies trying to find alternate sources that are more reliable then the current alternate sources, however, I still don't litter and believe in rapid deforestation.

You know..I really want to stay away from Ad Hominems, but it is extremely hard to do so when people say things like this

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 6:09pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,300 posts

Knight

There will be seven years of hell on Earth.

Seven years of hell, three years of Fimbul winter... all mythologies end up the same way somehow. Usually with the most dreaded thing humans back then could imagine.

and believe in rapid deforestation.

You can believe in all apocalyptic things you want, but rapid deforestation is a fact. No need to believe in it.

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 7:28pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources

I actually agree with this, to an extent. As some resource becomes increasingly harder to find, it will eventually reach a point where the economic expenditure required to get said resource is greater than the gains in obtaining the aforementioned resource.

So will we ever run out of oil? No; it'll just be too much of a pain in the arse to get.

rapid deforestation is a fact. No need to believe in it.

He is Hahiha; He speaks for the trees. XD

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 12:19pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

You do realize that we are in the middle of the Space Age now, correct? In fact, it started in 1957, with Sputnik

arn't we in the computer age now?
i would think that the space age starts when we start colonizing other &quotlanets" whit robots. (around 2020)

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:20pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources before the end of the world, that's why I don't mind oil but also don't donate to companies or encourage companies trying to find alternate sources that are more reliable then the current alternate sources, however, I still don't litter and believe in rapid deforestation.

you are right, the planet will never run out of oil. the problem is that we use the oil faster than it can be created so we need alternate resources if we want to use cars or we have to wait till there is new oil. you know how long it takes to get new oil, right? many millions/billions years, if i remember it right. no need to find new resources, even if we consume all the oil, we have just to wait some million years...should not be that long to refill the oil reserves of the planet earth, right? i mean, we can wait so long without any other resources, right?

end of sarcasm.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 1:54pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

The end will come. It will be like the end of the bible, which can be translated into many ways. only God knows when, but St. Patrick said 7 years after Ireeland is completely covered in water.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 3:41pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,474 posts

but St. Patrick said 7 years after Ireeland is completely covered in water.

Planning on sinking it so the end comes sooner?

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 8:41pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

probably, its not a fact
btw, Palpatine, stop trollin on me

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:28pm

thecode11

thecode11

243 posts

Doomsday? Won't it be fallout 3? XD

Posted Apr 30, '13 at 4:25am