Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Key to Salvation

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 8:56pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Dane Ray,

I look at the door, and see if it could be removed with screws. If if can be, I search for the proper tool to remove it with.

You observe the door, but nothing is there except for the door knob and a small lock where a key would fit. No other option th...

You hear a noise behind the door. Something is shifting behind it. You can hear a sound of something scraping across the floor in intervals of about half a second. You have little time to react.

=====================================================================

Stalker,

I step out from away from the awning and see that there is a low spot on the awning where water is holding, soon the water slowly pours off one of the sides  in a steady stream. I pull my balaclava down and open my mouth wide as fresh ice cold rain water pours into my mouth. (Natures natural purification) Then I walk back under the awning and knock on the door. After pulling my balaclava back up to conceal my face.

You do this, and you feel refreshed.

The rain has picked up to a heavy pace now. The wind has also gotten stronger, almost making you shift your stance.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 9:33pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray
I back up from the door and get down the stair case so that if something big comes down after me I won't be crushed.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 9:37pm

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

Stalker

Then I walk back under the awning and knock on the door. After pulling my balaclava back up to conceal my face.  Forget this part? lol

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 9:29am

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Dane Ray,

I back up from the door and get down the stair case so that if something big comes down after me I won't be crushed.

You take cover and wait for something to happen. The scraping has stopped, and you can hear the door being unlocked from the other side. After a few seconds, the door swings open with a twist of the knob. You hide your head quickly behind the wall at the bottom of the staircase.

A figure at the top of the staircase is standing in the doorway, looking down the staircase. You haven't risked poking your head out to examine him, or if he's armed. He stands there for a few seconds, not moving a muscle.

===================================================

Stalker,

Then I walk back under the awning and knock on the door. After pulling my balaclava back up to conceal my face.

Your face is concealed, and you knock on the door.

You wait a few seconds outside the door, then someone finally opens the door. The man looks as if he was about to speak, but he shuts the door immediately.

(By the way, the same weather affects are always happening until I say something else about the weather. Same with the time of day and so on.)

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:32am

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

Stalker

Walking away from the "Market" I try to recall if there was a bar or diner around that I could hangout in before just going straight home to nothing. Maybe its that no one knows my real name? I thought. Or maybe that I always conceal myself before going out in public.. Im not sure if anyone even knows what color hair I have! Perhaps I should loosen up at a bar. Or maybe I should continue my current path, Ive survived this long only because of my concealment.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 10:34am

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray

Without moving from behind cover, I pull my knife out. Then I venture out a tentative "Hello?"

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 2:31pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Dane Ray,

Without moving from behind cover, I pull my knife out. Then I venture out a tentative "Hello?"

For a couple of seconds, there is no response. Then, a gruffed up voice is heard. "Come out and show me your hands..." Another second passes, and he continues his sentence. "...I saw you on the main deck when you were coming. I know you've got a weapon of some kind in your belt, just take it out and drop it on the floor where I can see it, your I'm shutting the door again." he asks. His voice is trembling in a weird manner. It doesn't necessarily sound like he's scared... but perhaps weary.

Aside from these events, your starting to feel a slight desire to drink something.

==================================================================

Stalker,

Walking away from the "Market" I try to recall if there was a bar or diner around that I could hangout in before just going straight home to nothing.

You do remember a bar, and a diner. The restaurant hasn't a name. People thought that since its the only one in town, there is no need to call it anything but a diner, or a restaurant. The bar has a name, however. It goes by The Human Leg, probably as a joke of some sort.

Now, you're walking on the sidewalk, in the rain as the wind makes you sway from side to side, causing you to step out of place time to time. The rain hasn't let up at all, and you're not sure if its pouring harder than before, but the wind seems to have picked up a bit. More thunder is heard as another streak of lighting illuminates the sky. The strike was so close that the booming sound that it created sounded much like fifty guns being fired off. You observe the area while you walk along the sidewalk, and see absolutely no one outside. You come up to the rain buckets, and see that they are already overflowing. Your house is just across the street, and further ahead is the bar and the diner, on opposite ends of each other. There is also a post office beside The Human Leg, which was recently turned into storage for weapons and ammunition for Saul and his body guard. They have much more advanced weaponry for the guards there. In the Market, only small arms are sold to prevent murder or massacres.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 3:02pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray
I gently set the knife down, take a drink from the water I was carrying, and slide the knife out. Then I put my hands on my head, step out, and say, "I'm not here to hurt you. "

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 4:10pm

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

I decide theres no point in going home and sitting in the dark by myself until this storm passes by. So I head off towards the bar, Tomorrow maybe I can try and trade somethings for a nice handgun and some ammo I thought to myself. It is strange no one else is out besides me, but hey they call me stalker for a reason.

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 4:55pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Dane Ray,

The man comes into full view at the top of the staircase as you slowly step out with your hands on your head.

"I'm not here to hurt you."

He looks somewhat shocked. You can see gray hair just barely under his Captain's Hat. He's wearing fancy Captain attire, like a navy blue button-up jacket, with navy blue pant legs but only white socks on his feet; no shoes. He looks fairly old aged. You can see a few wrinkles beside his eyes and on his cheeks, even from this distance. However, you see that he is holding a small snub-nose revolver at his hip, aiming down the staircase, but not directly at you -- more to the side of the staircase.

He stands there, not knowing what to say for some time. How long has he been up there? You haven't heard or seen anything go on in the Captain's deck since the craziness happened. He must have had plenty of food...

He continues to look at you, speechless. You haven't had contact with anyone for almost a week... and its taking its toll. You feel something you in your stomach -- perhaps excitement because you actually found that he's not just another corpse... although he is holding a dangerous weapon. You figure that since he's been up there for so long, he's probably lost his mind, but then again he opened the door, maybe to confirm that you're human.

Still, silence.

Stalker,

I decide there's no point in going home and sitting in the dark by myself until this storm passes by. So I head off towards the bar.

You proceed to the bar, passing several houses on the way there, including the post office, or armory. You open the door, and the bell rings. You take less than a second to look around, and you see seven people inside, in groups in threes almost. two women, three men, and two elders. They all stopped to look at you and then look back at what they were discussing before. A few people do some double-takes at you to look at you some more. There is very small conversation in the groups; they all almost sound completely drowned out because of the rain and wind.

Your face is stinging slightly because of the cold combination of the weather outside, but the pub strangely feels warm, even without power. They must have really taken a lot of time insulating the building. Now that you think about it, power only runs through the households in order to comfort people in their own homes. Non of the businesses use power, except for the diner. However, you remember that households only have one hour of energy usage every day to keep from burning out the generator. They use unfiltered water to power the generator. You've seen it... and it looks very, very complex.

Reply to The Key to Salvation

You must be logged in to post a reply!