ForumsWEPRNorth Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

163 170231
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

North Korea has vowed to nuke the U.S.A.

Feel free to discuss the subject. Do you think they'd follow through? What do you imagine the result would be? What results could come about from this vow? etc

• 163 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

This sounds like a scare-tactic from an inexperienced dictator. This guy is 30 years old, much younger than most of the world's major leaders, but he wants North Korea to have the same scary, fearless image as it has had for decades. He would have to be stupid to nuke anyone, let alone one of the two superpowers that could blow the entire nation to smithereens as many times as it wanted to. He knows he isn't the man his father was, or certainly not the man his grandfather was. He just doesn't want the North to look weak after losing the face of their country for 17 years.

It sounds to me like someone just wants to make daddy proud of him.... even if daddy has been dead for over a year now.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyway. I can't speak for Kim Jong-un or his current mental state.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Do you think they'd follow through?

They might, if they think people are making a laughing stock out of them.

What do you imagine the result would be?

Any nuke they sent would be intercepted/disabled in some way, then there would likely be UN Reparations resulting in the end of North Korea's dictatorship. How the people there respond afterwards is anyone's guess, likely they won't be too happy for the most part.

What results could come about from this vow?

As Hahiha said, it seems like a last ditch effort to pander for being taken seriously.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I believe it is more like that North Korea will attack South Korea. It would be equally suicidal, however, it also the most realistic outcome. The renouncing of the ceasefire actually gives this merrit. As far as I know Kim Jong Il did nothing of the sort.

xian37
xian37
15 posts
Nomad

it's a sad news for us and US and South Korea are set to engage in two months of war games starting next week.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

As Hahiha said, it seems like a last ditch effort to pander for being taken seriously.

I am pleased to see some still associate the red troll with my name Made my day, thanks.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Poor North Korea. Even if they follow through with their threats, they'll probably become radioactive dust on the wind, or a laughing stock of a country.
I doubt they will follow through, though.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

It sounds to me like someone just wants to make daddy proud of him.... even if daddy has been dead for over a year now.

dont forget the advisers that worked for his father and now for him.

i dont believe he personally is such a bad person. ive readed about his youth in switzerland. and how he was during his school years. and that made me believe that his advisers are more into power then he is himself.
i dont think he wants to do this. but he has to.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I am pleased to see some still associate the red troll with my name Made my day, thanks.

-.-" I hate when I make stupid mistakes like that. Darn visual memory.

i dont think he wants to do this. but he has to.

That's the problem with brainwashing everyone into radicals. Even when the leader changes, the people won't. One person is a lot easier to change views of than millions.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Do you think they'd follow through?

Nope because I don't think they're that stupid. Though I may be wrong.

What do you imagine the result would be?

Umm, well if they were successful, the US would retaliate. And if the US somehow intercepts or destroys the nuclear missile well, they would probably retaliate considering it was an attack. So either way North Korea would be declaring war, or so I believe.

What results could come about from this vow?

The UN. Nuff said.

Poor North Korea. Even if they follow through with their threats, they'll probably become radioactive dust on the wind, or a laughing stock of a country.

Yup... Either way they are a laughing stock because everybody either knows or thinks they won't do anything, and even if they do it won't end well.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Though, like others said, it's unlikely for a nuclear attack to occur, but it's still kind of scary that any threats of this nature are being made.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Maybe the reason why they don't have the means to actually attack you right now IS the reason the US won't strike North Korea yet? Together with the fact that, even though they're beginning to get fed up with them, the Chinese are still technically allies of North Korea. Now imagine what a strike would unleash.

What the UN does is to set up punishing measures on North Korea, and even the Chinese are agreeing for stricter measures now. North Korea takes that as an attack because they think their cause is legitimate and holy and nothing can stop them; so they will be ready to do anything. They already cancelled the non-attack pact with South Korea, giving the world the signal that they won't hesitate to retaliate heavily at any more provocation. Before the US are attacked, we should worry about South Korea. They're at war, always have been technically, and NK definitely has the range and power to attack SK.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Now imagine what a strike would unleash.

Nothing because China lacks the ability to power project outside the immediate region? Having a feasible army of 40 million with a draft means nothing if you can't send them somewhere and then sustain them for operations for any legnth of time. The sheer amount of resources needed to sustain even a decent force outside of southeast Asia would cripple China faster than any attack the US could do, and would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

China attacking SK first would pit the world against it. Given that NATO alone outnumbers China's carriers 15:1, and the proximity of the Japanese Defense forces, and both SK and Japan being under the US' Nuclear Umbrella, China would stand to lose too much in any attack. Furthermore, I trust that Beijing is smart enough to avoid getting drawn into a conflict by Pyongyang.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just saber rattling, and nothing much.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

do you people really think china is stupid enough to choose to attack sk?
if usa attacks nk then they most likely dont protect them. what benefit would china have if they choose to fight along nk? completely nothing.
china isn't going to start a big *** war only because of nk.
(i guess this whole debate about china is just because of americans that are scared of china)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

China attacking SK first would pit the world against it. Given that NATO alone outnumbers China's carriers 15:1, and the proximity of the Japanese Defense forces, and both SK and Japan being under the US' Nuclear Umbrella, China would stand to lose too much in any attack. Furthermore, I trust that Beijing is smart enough to avoid getting drawn into a conflict by Pyongyang.

1) SK is not a NATO state. None of the NATO states are bound by the treaty to come to its aid in the event of war.

2) Japan has no reason to go to war. Furthermore, with the Diaoyu Island dispute threatening to boil over, the Japanese would be trying to ameliorate the situation, not pour kerosene on the fire. Lastly, Article 9 of Japan's constitution is interpreted to bar Japan from entering into security relations with any country other than the United States.

3) China has always maintained a nuclear policy of second strike.
Showing 1-15 of 163