Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

North Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

Posted Apr 2, '13 at 5:36pm

NEC001

NEC001

14 posts

I think that N. Korea is trying to get more leverage in negotiations rather than actually use the nukes. Also, I believe they don't have the technology capable of creating a nuke capable of being used in a missile, nor the technology for having an ICBM. They have missiles, but is does N. Korea have a missile that can travel across the Pacific Ocean? I know it has been posted before( and I have stated it earlier in this post), but I think either N. Korea is trying to have more leverage in negotiations, or  their dictator is trying to increase the fanaticism of the people for the him. That is what I think anyway.

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 11:51am

danielo

danielo

1,378 posts

Dont unestimate N.korea dude... they can hurt you guys quite a bit...

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 5:47pm

NEC001

NEC001

14 posts

I know they can, but I doubt they have enough nukes to take out the entire US along with S. Vietnam. If they did use a nuke, the US would crush them in retaliation. It would be devastating for us, but I can't see N. Korea lasting for more than a few months, if that. The loss of human life would bring grief and sadness to the US, but I remember 9/11, and we destroyed Saddam Hussein and his army.

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 5:52pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

they can hurt you guys quite a bit...

With what? They have no real economic power. They can't hack stuff because their tech is outdated. They can't invade because there's an ocean in the way, guarded by the largest naval force in the world. I doubt they have effective ICBM capabilities. If they don't, their best plan would be to smuggle a Soviet-era suitcase nuke through Mexico to the US and go from there, hoping they don't get caught. If they do have long-range missiles, the US systems would likely intercept it/them. And if it doesn't, if they wanted to provoke and send a message, they'd attack a big city or two on the west coast. If their plan was full-scale war and they had the resources to invade, they'd detonate it in the upper atmosphere somewhere over North Dakota. The resulting EMP and radiation would screw most of the country. But their main gripe is with SK. They can't afford to waste their resources on showboating.

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 6:30pm

zombinator2000

zombinator2000

34 posts

I highly doubt they would get a nuke all the way across the Pacific.  It'd be intercepted and shot down by another missile or one of those prototype laser systems.

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 6:34pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,003 posts

Knight

They have no way of crossing the pacific, I think that's established; but they can reach south Korea and the US bases in the region, in Japan for example. The US have brought that big golfball island, sort of a radar, so they know when something is fired, but I don't think all of their bases are equipped with anti-nuke defence.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 7:38pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

on the OP:

I really doubt that N. Korea is actually THAT ballsy to start a nuclear war with the US. I'm sure we can defend ourselves from their nukes, and then blow 'em off the map. 'Cause seriously, *****k those guys. They're pretty much the little kid that got picked on too much in second grade and is now trying to bully the football team, picking on the captain the most!

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 6:32am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

They're pretty much the little kid that got picked on too much in second grade and is now trying to bully the football team, picking on the captain the most!

that sounds allot like the propaganda usa used in europe after ww2. xD

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 6:59am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

they will be stupid to even try to nuke U.S.A even if they nuke a whole side of USA then America will send twice the amount of nuke's they sent and blow them to smithereens anyway thats what i think

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 5:01pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

They're likely to do a few short-range missile tests soon.

then America will send twice the amount of nuke's they sent

But conventionally beating the crap out of them will set a better example.

Reply to North Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

You must be logged in to post a reply!