ForumsWEPRNorth Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

163 170260
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

North Korea has vowed to nuke the U.S.A.

Feel free to discuss the subject. Do you think they'd follow through? What do you imagine the result would be? What results could come about from this vow? etc

• 163 Replies
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

I know they can, but I doubt they have enough nukes to take out the entire US along with S. Vietnam. If they did use a nuke, the US would crush them in retaliation. It would be devastating for us, but I can't see N. Korea lasting for more than a few months, if that. The loss of human life would bring grief and sadness to the US, but I remember 9/11, and we destroyed Saddam Hussein and his army.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

they can hurt you guys quite a bit...

With what? They have no real economic power. They can't hack stuff because their tech is outdated. They can't invade because there's an ocean in the way, guarded by the largest naval force in the world. I doubt they have effective ICBM capabilities. If they don't, their best plan would be to smuggle a Soviet-era suitcase nuke through Mexico to the US and go from there, hoping they don't get caught. If they do have long-range missiles, the US systems would likely intercept it/them. And if it doesn't, if they wanted to provoke and send a message, they'd attack a big city or two on the west coast. If their plan was full-scale war and they had the resources to invade, they'd detonate it in the upper atmosphere somewhere over North Dakota. The resulting EMP and radiation would screw most of the country. But their main gripe is with SK. They can't afford to waste their resources on showboating.
zombinator2000
zombinator2000
34 posts
Farmer

I highly doubt they would get a nuke all the way across the Pacific. It'd be intercepted and shot down by another missile or one of those prototype laser systems.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

They have no way of crossing the pacific, I think that's established; but they can reach south Korea and the US bases in the region, in Japan for example. The US have brought that big golfball island, sort of a radar, so they know when something is fired, but I don't think all of their bases are equipped with anti-nuke defence.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

on the OP:

I really doubt that N. Korea is actually THAT ballsy to start a nuclear war with the US. I'm sure we can defend ourselves from their nukes, and then blow 'em off the map. 'Cause seriously, F**k those guys. They're pretty much the little kid that got picked on too much in second grade and is now trying to bully the football team, picking on the captain the most!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

They're pretty much the little kid that got picked on too much in second grade and is now trying to bully the football team, picking on the captain the most!

that sounds allot like the propaganda usa used in europe after ww2. xD
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

they will be stupid to even try to nuke U.S.A even if they nuke a whole side of USA then America will send twice the amount of nuke's they sent and blow them to smithereens anyway thats what i think

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

They're likely to do a few short-range missile tests soon.

then America will send twice the amount of nuke's they sent

But conventionally beating the crap out of them will set a better example.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

But conventionally beating the crap out of them will set a better example.

i suggest no invasion tho. just missile strikes.
they are more relentless then the vietnamese or japanese were.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If you believe their provocations, they seem ready to attack their enemies even if that means their own destruction (mentions of "holy mission" or "total war" and crap like that...).

On the other hand, a former North Korean spy claims Kim Jong-un is struggling to control the North Korean army, which would explain all those visits and the big words. I think that's very probable, but I still think we should be ready for anything; even if it started as a seduction campaign to get the military on his side, it doesn't mean it cannot get out of proportions.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

i suggest no invasion tho. just missile strikes.

Of course, but you can't just bomb where the 2 sides are fighting or where civilians are. Well, you can, but it looks bad. But if their government is training its people to prepare to fight if there's an invasion, total war, they're taking an active stance and are no longer noncombatants. It would be a lot more difficult to fight them with missiles if they invade SK. They'll likely do what the terrorists do by taking positions near civilians as a deterrent. If the US sends a troop 'invasionary' force, it should stay on the south side of the DMZ as prevention. The only things that should be going into NK are planes, helicopters, drones, and tanks. I'm pretty sure the M1 Abrams can roll right over all the Soviet-era AP mines in the DMZ.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Oh, and I just read that some 'secret' info was accidentally leaked from the pentagon. NK seems to have a mid-range nuclear missile capable of possibly reaching 2500mi (4000km), so they could hit as far as Guam. They can't even hit Hawaii.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

But if their government is training its people to prepare to fight if there's an invasion, total war, they're taking an active stance and are no longer noncombatants.

as 5 year olds they learn math by having 5 tanks. and 2 get blown up. how many tanks are there left? (ive seen actual footage of this)
it's completely indoctrinated in them.
Showing 151-163 of 163