Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:21pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

The question is, why should you follow all commandments rigorously, but make an exception for cooking on Sunday.

Ohh sorry.  Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible. Also, the church clearly defined us being able to cook. 
Cleaning up after meals, driving cars, homework, etc are all considered work, but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:23pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible.

And here we have the very definitions of "Arbitrary" and "Cherry picking."

You follow what you want to. End of story.

but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.

Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:25pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,631 posts

Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible.

Like we pointed out..skipping out on Sunday is entirely possible. Plus, if god wanted us to be fit with food..then why not allow us to be able to skip eating on Sunday and keep our relative fitness, saying as how he wanted Sunday to be a day of rest?

Also, the church clearly defined us being able to cook.

Where in the Bible does it say that eating on Sunday is an exception?

but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.

1) I don't think the Bible has cars or homework in its "acceptable on Sunday" list

2) As far as the Bible is concerned, they aren't necessary on Sunday.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:26pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

And here we have the very definitions of "Arbitrary" and "Cherry picking."
You follow what you want to. End of story.

I wanna eat meat on Friday, but the church doesn't allow it.  I follow the Church, end of story.

Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health.

Missing the point!  Eating meat on Friday won't hurt me, but it isn't allowed!

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:27pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Missing the point! Eating meat on Friday won't hurt me, but it isn't allowed!

"Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health."

Congrats and thank you on learning how to use the quote button, btw.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:36pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,631 posts

I wanna eat meat on Friday, but the church doesn't allow it.  I follow the Church, end of story.

Your Church/Bible also doesn't allow work on Sunday..but apparently you find an exception in eating.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:51pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

"Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health."

Funny, I just heard that, and again, it doesn't matter, the church allows what it allows.

Congrats and thank you on learning how to use the quote button, btw.

i always knew, but i never thought it was really THAT important to u guys.

Your Church/Bible also doesn't allow work on Sunday..but apparently you find an exception in eating.

Eating isn't servile work.  Servile work is forbidden.  i go running, do sports, work out, clean up after meals, but those are all for recreation, or not servile.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 4:52pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

sorry lol, forgot the freakin quote.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 5:06pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Funny, I just heard that, and again, it doesn't matter, the church allows what it allows.

Funny how you go with what the church says, up until you stop liking what the church says. What was it about the recent popes not being 'real' popes, because they said things you don't agree with?

It makes it a lot easier to see what you're talking about. Previously, you put the italics right next to your words and it all got jumbled together.

Eating isn't servile work.  Servile work is forbidden.

Bible verse please. I don't recall 'servile' being specified.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 6:51pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

sorry lol, forgot the freakin quote.

you dont have to use the italic button aswell when using the quote button.
it will automatically go italic.

Missing the point!

if someone is missing points....

I follow the Church, end of story.

the church tells you to respect other people. and yet....

showing off your ignorance here?
knowing it. seeing all of us using it. we ask you a hundred times to use it. and still not using it. why? you wanna be special or what?

i go running, do sports, work out,

WTF, you do that on a sunday?
it's a resting day you mor..
everytime i think ive seen your edge, it seems you can step over it.
doing those things in a real christian community will get you kicked out of said community. if not then that whole community are a bunch of hypocrites.
and you said you had knowledge of you own believe? you even got your own believe wrong.... OMG.

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!