Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 11:29pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

Why wouldn't somebody worship Satan? We all have the ability to do whatever you want. I'm not saying I'm in line for that belief, but it's completely up to them.

It's like asking why people snot condoms. Why? I have no freaking idea why. But they do because they have that choice. Again, not something I would choose, but hey, you can do whatever you want.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 7:38am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

we can point out things that don't lead to great goods or the unnecessary evil used to achieve these nebulous "greater goods"

at the 1st they say, that we can't make the connection to the actual greater good because it is part of the big godly plan.... (or something like that)
for the 2nd they say, that the greater good is always better then the evil needed for it to happen....

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:23am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

maby people would get confused ?

thats to perfect sentence to just throw in somewhere randomly to make people confused. xD
thx.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:31am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,026 posts

Knight

maby people would get confused ?

How can you get confused on such a matter? Poeple inadvertedly worship the wrong deity? XP

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:41am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Poeple inadvertedly worship the wrong deity? XP

I'd definitely say that's the case. If you're worshiping the monster called "God" in the Bible, you've got the one that's most certainly -not- good in any way.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:45am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Which actually brings up an interesting thought.

An open question to all Christians. How do you know that the Bible wasn't given to man by 'Satan' who purposefully gave you a load of garbage to mislead you? To make you think that the world is only 6000 years old (laughably wrong) that it's RIGHTEOUS, of all things, to hate just about everyone, to stone and murder and pillage those who don't follow you, to obey a terrible system of morals and unjust punishments, to discriminate against women and to genitally mutilate children? Because no matter how I look at the bible, if I had to use one word to describe it, I'd call it evil.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 1:45pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

[playing God's advocate]

How do you know that the Bible wasn't given to man by 'Satan' who purposefully gave you a load of garbage to mislead you?

Because of all the wisdom in it, all the helpful sayings, and the NT message of loving people.

To make you think that the world is only 6000 years old (laughably wrong)

It doesn't say "a day is a thousand years to Him", it says "a day is as a thousand years to Him" (paraphrasing), so it was a simile telling that it was a really really long time.

that it's RIGHTEOUS, of all things, to hate just about everyone, to stone and murder and pillage those who don't follow you, to obey a terrible system of morals and unjust punishments, to discriminate against women and to genitally mutilate children?

I can't defend this part without saying something like "it was good at that time because He said so", but then Euthyphro's dilemma, which gets met with a might-makes-right blahblahblah while ignoring points and making emotional appeals.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 4:11pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

Better yet, let's just ask a satanist.

I know there's one on AG somewhere....isn't it Chillzmaster or something like that?

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 6:44pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

there are 2.
and i'm not sure what kinda satanist he is. beside the friendly neighborhood kind. =P

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 10:03pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,481 posts

Who is the second Satanist? O.o

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!