Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:14pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

and i'm not sure what kinda satanist he is. beside the friendly neighborhood kind. =P

He said he based it off the Laveyan Satanism, but hold the theistic views of satan existing. Which would be non Leveyan. But whatever, he lives up to his friendly neighborhood satanist motto.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 9:30am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

But whatever, he lives up to his friendly neighborhood satanist motto.

I know only one satanist, and he's a nasty, hateful person. HE lives alone and spits on our statue of the blessed mother. He gives little kids the evil eye, and he never gives candy out at Halloween (A catholic holiday, so i see why). I also know of a lot of famous satanists. They all look evil, first of all. They never make you smile, they make you feel depressed. There's just some dark presence when you see a satanist, and under no circumstance, would I consider even the nicest one, a friendly neighbor.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 2:00pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

and he never gives candy out at Halloween (A catholic holiday, so i see why).

Uh, no, Halloween is not a Catholic holiday. It's not even a Christian holiday.

There's just some dark presence when you see a satanist

No, there's not. And if you're feeling something, it's imagined and you would only be feeling it after you've learned they are one. Stop projecting.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 2:35pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

Uh, no, Halloween is not a Catholic holiday. It's not even a Christian holiday

I'm fairly certain it has Celtic origins.

No, there's not. And if you're feeling something, it's imagined and you would only be feeling it after you've learned they are one. Stop projecting.

Seriously. Stop being one of THOSE christian people.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 2:51pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Lol...atheists, they don't know anything. It's the eve of all hallows, or holy's, meaning the eve of all saints day, which is November 1st.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 3:03pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

[url=http://www.history.com/topics/halloween]

Lol...atheists, they don't know anything. It's the eve of all hallows, or holy's, meaning the eve of all saints day, which is November 1st.

Still not an atheist, but I have respect for the ones on here.

It did not start as a pope-made holiday.

Celtic superstition was its origins.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 3:12pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,259 posts

Knight

"According to many scholars, All Hallows' Eve is a Christianised feast originally influenced by western European harvest festivals, and festivals of the dead with possible pagan roots, particularly the Celtic Samhain. Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian roots."
Wiki

There's more detailed informations in the History section. And in another thread I also named possible relations to the witches' Sabbath.

Anyway, you don't know all satanists, and there even are different forms of satanism, so, just be careful when attributing values to a term as wide as that.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 3:17pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

There's more detailed informations in the History section. And in another thread I also named possible relations to the witches' Sabbath.

Anyway, you don't know all satanists, and there even are different forms of satanism, so, just be careful when attributing values to a term as wide as that.

Exactly. And shouldn't you be trying to 'love one another' as a good christian catholic?

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 4:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

KnightDeclan's current argument:

"I knew this one Satanist who is a complete jerk. Therefore all Satanists are complete jerks."

Just thought it'd be nice to paraphrase.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 5:08pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

KnightDeclan's current argument:

"I knew this one Satanist who is a complete jerk. Therefore all Satanists are complete jerks."

Just thought it'd be nice to paraphrase.

That's his argument for pretty much everything, actually.

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!