Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 2:47am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

We are all gossiping about this guy Chillz..saying how much of a silly goof he is and what not..praising the one true deity, Steve.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 2:56am

SectoidMedic

SectoidMedic

192 posts

haha yeah right.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 3:14am

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,359 posts

We are all gossiping about this guy Chillz..saying how much of a silly goof he is and what not..praising the one true deity, Steve.

I"m in no mood to dig through thirty pages of flak against my like-minded brethren. Can I get a better summary?

-Chillz

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 4:02am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

mmbs112 and KnightDeclan spout religious stuff..we rebut

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 4:56am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,070 posts

Knight

Some questions were also asked and sometimes went unanswered *cough*

You're not a theistic satanist, Chillz, are you? A notion was thrown into the debate about how people became satanists after feeling betrayed by god, and I was thinking about the implications of this on your morals..

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:01am

Alexander116

Alexander116

109 posts

Just would like to point something out, it may or may not have already been covered. (didn't quite read all 32 pages) God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil into the bible in order for there to be free will. If there was no choice then we would not be entities of our own, we would simply have no choice but to love and obey him. But he allowed for us to choose not to follow him.
In summation, the tree made free will exist.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:13am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

So God gave us the ability to sin, and thus gave us limited hope for passing his arbitrary test to gain access to eternal happiness?

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:25am

Alexander116

Alexander116

109 posts

I would choose to say that God gave us the ability to choose our own destiny, and it was up to us to decide where we wanted to go with it.

You must agree that you would rather have the choice to follow God or not. Rather than being without option.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:31am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I would choose to say that God gave us the ability to choose our own destiny, and it was up to us to decide where we wanted to go with it.

Well, we aren't the ones choosing, though. Everyone says we have the ability to choose, but really the choice falls down to "Follow these rules" or not. You can be a great person, but if you aren't following the rules to a tee (which includes very asinine rules)...then you are screwed.

You must agree that you would rather have the choice to follow God or not. Rather than being without option.

Which one?

I can agree it is nice, but Yahweh didn't create that option. Also, I'm not fond of the idea that my choice in deity could decide what afterlife I live.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:39am

Alexander116

Alexander116

109 posts

Well, I am arguing from the standpoint of Born Again Christianity, which does not state that you must follow the rules to a tee or you are screwed.
I'm not sure what you know, but at no point in the bible did God condemn someone to Hell after there first sin. Rather, he has set up systems for forgiveness so that even the most flawed humans can be with him for eternity if the choose.

I can agree it is nice, but Yahweh didn't create that option

Not sure what you mean here. Logically,

1) if there is no tree there is no choice.
2) God created the tree
3) God created the choice.

Am I incorrect?

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!