Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Sep 27, '13 at 3:59pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,889 posts

Because Chillz hasn't been active in the past few months? And if he has already expressed his opinion here, can't we just look back on it without having to ask him to repeat?

This is a debate forum, which means people with contrasting opinions are going to express them and argue the merits of other's opinions. You have expressed your opinion, and while you have every right to that opinion, there are many others here who have their own, and will quite readily digress with regards to yours. Since you seem to helieve that yours is "the answer," perhaps you can explain to us why that is so.

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here.

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 12:58am

JoshTheBoss

JoshTheBoss

420 posts

Satan was cast out for disagreeing with the way god ran hell. some people agree with satan fr rebelling. In my opinion, it's all bull****, but if you wanna believe in something, i'd say that it's better to have your life run by an apathetic deity rather than an autistic deity.

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 1:18am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

but if you wanna believe in something, i'd say that it's better to have your life run by an apathetic deity rather than an autistic deity.

Uh, I'm questioning your use of the term autistic. Care to explain your view a little more?

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 2:55am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Uh, I'm questioning your use of the term autistic. Care to explain your view a little more?

I guess he meant the "characterized by impaired communication, excessive rigidity, and emotional detachment " part.

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 7:03am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,732 posts

Knight

Satan was cast out for disagreeing with the way god ran hell. some people agree with satan fr rebelling. In my opinion, it's all bull****, but if you wanna believe in something, i'd say that it's better to have your life run by an apathetic deity rather than an autistic deity.

According to the link I posted on the previous page, Gnostics and Cathars believed the god of the old testament to be the devil (termed dualism in that link). Which makes this passage especially interesting:

"Morally, they offended Christians by believing that it was a sin to procreate, because the command to be fruitful and multiply was given by the evil God of antiquity. Higher-ranking Cathars abstained from all forms of sex, violence, lying, property holding, oath taking, and food of animal origin. "

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 1:13pm

mbbs112

mbbs112

196 posts

[quote]Satan was cast out for disagreeing with the way god ran hell. some people agree with satan fr rebelling. In my opinion, it's all bull****, but if you wanna believe in something, i'd say that it's better to have your life run by an apathetic deity rather than an autistic deity.

Not really..in Islam Satan was a Dijinn,another species created by God with free will unlike the angels and like us but there were some bad Dijinn and some good. Satan worshipped God alot even more than the angels and was made the Dijinn chief and so when Allah told the angels to Bow down to Hazrat Adam Satan refused saying he is made of fire and Adam of clay and so for this arrogance God threw Satan out of heaven and Satan went away thinking about getting revenge on mankind until judgment day.

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 1:27pm

JoshTheBoss

JoshTheBoss

420 posts

I'll let Eugene explain it for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVSQ25Q4Uw4

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 7:16pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

I think that anyone that is sane would not worship the devil

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 11:29pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Care to elaborate?

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 9:57pm

hezdog

hezdog

145 posts

You guys can read up on the most popular form of satanism [url=http://www.churchofsatan.com/]

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!