ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192720
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Some things mean different things that they mean now.

Then how do you know any of it means what it should? Also, why would a perfect being use ambiguous terms in dead/dying languages?
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Those things were written down by humans, in languages that weren't dead at that time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Those things were written down by humans, in languages that weren't dead at that time.

By an omniscient god, who should be well aware of the confusion from using such an ambiguous term
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Uhm, where in the Bible is there any notion of God handing down to humans pieces of his own writing besides maybe the ten commandments?
All historical info that I've heard tell of the ancient Hebrews as a society that passed on their knowledge through spoken tales, only later recorded by their descendants.
As far as I know God might have not used words at all, but instead infuse feelings, images and ideas into his worshippers minds, relying on them to pass the knowledge on with whatever means they deem appropriate.
Not the most efficient perhaps, but why do we expect God to do everything if the world was to be our domain?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

As far as I know God might have not used words at all, but instead infuse feelings, images and ideas into his worshippers minds, relying on them to pass the knowledge on with whatever means they deem appropriate.

Seems like an interesting notion... but then why does the bible state:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was 'ARRRRGH! "

Oh.. sorry, wrong Holy Book. I meant, of course, "the word was god, and the word was with god". Why is so much emphasis put on words?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

As far as I know God might have not used words at all but instead infuse feelings, images and ideas into his worshippers minds

When the bible says "Now the Lord had said to Moses...", it doesn't mean "God showed Moses...". There are plenty of other things where "God inspired X to dream of Y and X then changed their stance". This isn't that. Further, if He accurately showed Moses how stars, planets, and life really formed and in what order, Moses did a piss poor job of paying attention.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Further, if He accurately showed Moses how stars, planets, and life really formed and in what order, Moses did a piss poor job of paying attention.

Moses: The oldest known person with ADHD.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

And the Lord hath refused him Ritalin.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Uhm, where in the Bible is there any notion of God handing down to humans pieces of his own writing besides maybe the ten commandments?
All historical info that I've heard tell of the ancient Hebrews as a society that passed on their knowledge through spoken tales, only later recorded by their descendants.
As far as I know God might have not used words at all, but instead infuse feelings, images and ideas into his worshipers minds, relying on them to pass the knowledge on with whatever means they deem appropriate.
Not the most efficient perhaps, but why do we expect God to do everything if the world was to be our domain?

God chose 12 apostles to follow him, record and learn what he said, and spread it to the world. Christ is God. Just because He didn't hand it from heaven, doesn't mean that He didn't give it to us.

Real mature buddy

Oh.. sorry, wrong Holy Book. I meant, of course, "the word was god, and the word was with god". Why is so much emphasis put on words?

The Word is just another name for God and His teaching.

Further, if He accurately showed Moses how stars, planets, and life really formed and in what order, Moses did a piss poor job of paying attention.

God revealed the 10 commandments to Moses. Nothing else. The bible was put together in 325 at the council of Nicea. It contained books written, titled the following. (Mostly written by all different men.)
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Tobit
Judith
Esther
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Songs
Wisdom
Sirach
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Baruch
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

New Testament
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation(or Apocalypse)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

God revealed the 10 commandments to Moses. Nothing else.

No, go read Exodus 20. He revealed the 10 commandments to all of Israel. The people became so terrified at His voice that they begged Moses to be a mouthpiece for God instead. If you're saying that Moses was revealed nothing else, explain Leviticus.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Also, you skipped the point on the last page:
how do you know any of it means what it should?

infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

God revealed the 10 commandments to Moses. Nothing else.

He also told Moses to stone a man to death for picking up sticks on the Sabbath: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+15%3A32-36&version=KJV&utm_expid=13466113-5&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dnumbers%2B15%253A32-36%26src%3DIE-SearchBox%26FORM%3DIE8SRC
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Real mature buddy

You're right, but I did find it funny.

God chose 12 apostles to follow him, record and learn what he said, and spread it to the world. Christ is God. Just because He didn't hand it from heaven, doesn't mean that He didn't give it to us.

Still no evidence whatsoever that Christ is god and that he gave us this set of commands. The bible is not proof of itself.

The bible was put together in 325 at the council of Nicea. It contained books written, titled the following. (Mostly written by all different men.)

Funny how that council picked and chose from all the available 'god inspired' books. Many of which give -very- different accounts. Or don't even say Christ had superpowers.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Real mature buddy

Agreed. There are easily many more before him that had the disorder.

Funny how that council picked and chose from all the available 'god inspired' books. Many of which give -very- different accounts. Or don't even say Christ had superpowers.

I'm still waiting for them to put the Book of Judas Iscariot back in
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I'm still waiting for them to put the Book of Judas Iscariot back in
He wasn't one of the writers.

Showing 151-165 of 362