ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 193109
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
De_layaan
De_layaan
12 posts
Nomad

Some people sacrifice to satan for fame and money etc etc
Also they sell their souls to devils ( i dunno about that but people say)
Mostly , people worship satan in the hate of god , like when god doesnt give what you want things like that

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Also they sell their souls to devils ( i dunno about that but people say)
Mostly , people worship satan in the hate of god , like when god doesnt give what you want things like that

You are religious, I assume?
It seems that the religious (usually very much so...and mostly Christians) are the only ones that think that Satanists are so for hate of hate for god..
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

And some people committed human sacrifice to God to win wars.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It seems that the religious (usually very much so...and mostly Christians) are the only ones that think that Satanists are so for hate of hate for god..

It's understandable.. for aren't (theistic) satanists just christians that are worshipping another entity within the same holy/unholy bestiary?

Concerning the LaVeyan satanism.. they're atheists alright, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced worshiping yourself as 'deity' sotospeak and living solely for pleasure is necessarily such a good thing in the long run...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

for aren't (theistic) satanists just christians that are worshipping another entity within the same holy/unholy bestiary?

Yeah, but they define the characters differently (although, so does pretty much every adherent of Christianity).

I'm not convinced worshiping yourself as 'deity' sotospeak and living solely for pleasure is necessarily such a good thing in the long run...

Bioshock?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeah, but they define the characters differently

Yes, and no. Some might reason that the god depicted in the bible is narcisstic, sadistic, tyrannic and evil and thus turn on worshiping the rebel hero; others just willfully choose to commit themselves to what they think is evil, meaning the devil as commonly thought of (those would be those stereotypical satanists stealing guinea pigs from little girls for their rituals).

Why some people follow the second, I don't know. You'd have to be pretty convinced of your own corruptedness to think you can side with a reputed liar, molester and soul-stealer.

Bioshock?

No, but maybe I should try it out then :P
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It is nothing but arbitrary to say so. Why would you need to eat on Sunday?
To keep my strength up you....never mind. Listen, we human beings die if we don't eat.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

And some people committed human sacrifice to God to win wars.

Ha! You are so funny. The only human sacrifice done by Catholics was Jesus Christ.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

To keep my strength up you....never mind. Listen, we human beings die if we don't eat.

Oh, so fasting at Easter is all of christianity trying to mass suicide? Humans survive on average three weeks (commonly stated number, may vary) without food. So no reason not to follow a holy commandment by not eating.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Oh, so fasting at Easter is all of christianity trying to mass suicide? Humans survive on average three weeks (commonly stated number, may vary) without food. So no reason not to follow a holy commandment by not eating.
LOL, you guys get funnier and funnier. People from 18-59 must fast during lent, meaning, only one full meal, or two small meals, a day. They can eat as much as they want on Sunday. XD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only human sacrifice done by Catholics was Jesus Christ.

Which was a completely unnecessary act, mind you.

LOL, you guys get funnier and funnier. People from 18-59 must fast during lent, meaning, only one full meal, or two small meals, a day. They can eat as much as they want on Sunday. XD

1) Quote button.

2) Most doctors agree that a healthy human can survive 8 weeks without food. So..HahiHa's question about eating on Sunday still stands
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the easter thing was a joke the actual point was that humans can survive about 3 weeks whitout food. so 1 day whitout food to follow the commandments should be no problem.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

partydevil's correct, sorry for the bad joke on fasting. Please adress the actual issue.

2) Most doctors agree that a healthy human can survive 8 weeks without food.

8 weeks seem a bit much. Do you know at which point the organism gets irreversibly damaged?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

8 weeks seem a bit much. Do you know at which point the organism gets irreversibly damaged?

Source I got it from.

Now..it isn't saying they will come out of the matter all fine and dandy..but survival is possible.

Nevertheless..we can easily go one day without food. So as to prevent him from ignoring your question and pretending like he shut this argument down..I implore KnightDeclan to try again with answering the original questioning regarding eating on Sunday.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Now..it isn't saying they will come out of the matter all fine and dandy..but survival is possible.

there was a earthquake in india in the 90's if i remember gith where there was a surviving woman after 14 week under a building. she had the luck to be stuck next to a broken waterpipe...
so yea it's possible. but lets not try shell we. =P
Showing 181-195 of 362