Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

_Helpers_(Another Rank)

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 12:37am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Titles on the other hand can have *some* use. Similar to the GetSatisfaction page, I assume that's there to make sure you get sound advice. I just don't see them adding it here since a ton of people already give good advice when there're site questions.

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 5:33pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,819 posts

Administrator

I'm listening. Can't promise anything, but doesn't hurt to hear the ideas. :)

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 6:16pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

I'm listening. Can't promise anything, but doesn't hurt to hear the ideas. :)

So far I think the best way to go about this is to have it similar to the GetSatisfaction page. On page 1 of this thread I included a link and description of "Champions" on GetSatisfaction. It's something that can be useful if you want to make sure that people are getting correct advice on topics related to the site, but it doesn't seem that necessary as many already do. Either way it's not a bad idea.

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 8:59pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

Several users were modded before the age of 18. Just because they're not 18+ doesn't mean they're gonna go mad with power. Just like how it doesn't mean 18+ aren't going to go mad with power. Age doesn't define the person.

Not really the point I was trying to make. I was basically saying that providing younger kids--or anyone for that matter; I should have made that clear--with the "helper rank" would be a useless step because anyone who isn't a moderator could just as easily report spam or other rule-defying content to a moderator, and nobody would have to worry about said "helper" going mad and deleting everything.

The other problem with this new special rank is that once some people start getting promoted, everyone is going to want to be a helper. There would be a lot of "Why did he get picked to be a helper and I didn't?" kind of stuff flooding staff and moderator profiles. I'm thinking that's one of the reasons the 18+ rule was created for moderators in 2011 (not sure if it's still enforced).

But this is just what I think. I can't speak for the staff. Only the staff can speak for the staff.

Reply to _Helpers_(Another Rank)

You must be logged in to post a reply!