Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Pope Francis I

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 12:39am

Mickeyryn

Mickeyryn

244 posts

Anyone got any ideas as to how he will do?
Think he has a good agenda?
Blah, blah, blah, anyways, post anything Pope Francis here!

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 4:01am

Jesty

Jesty

103 posts

I think hi is a good pope. Congrats Pope Francis! god bless

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 1:02pm

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

Don't know much about him nor am I catholic or Christian nor do I have good feelings towards those things for what they did to my ancestors.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 4:30am

rustygooga

rustygooga

14 posts

he seems friendly :) i think he will be a great pope but i am not too excited about it since i am christian i think that the pope is catholic

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 7:01am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

lets see how he reacts to the next kiddy fiddling case.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 12:10pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

but i am not too excited about it since i am christian i think that the pope is catholic

1) Catholics are Christians.
2) Popes are the head of the Catholic church.

he seems friendly :) i think he will be a great pope

Based on the info, he at least doesn't seem too bad. There were certainly worse choices.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 5:30pm

rocky10199

rocky10199

67 posts

He is pretty old so might not last that long.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 8:27pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,619 posts

Based on the info, he at least doesn't seem too bad. There were certainly worse choices.

The 2 main things that stuck out to me...stance on homosexuality and abortions..though those are the norms of his religion, so I can't really hate on him for that

He seems to be quite peaceful with his Brother religions (Judaism and the Islamic community)..so that's a plus

He is pretty old so might not last that long.

As opposed to all those young, fit, and healthy popes that there have been?

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 10:59pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,276 posts

As opposed to all those young, fit, and healthy popes that there have been?

Pope Benedict the 9th was around was uh... pope-ified? Papaled? Mitred? What ever the verb is, he was around 20 or so when he became a pope. Also, his wiki page is quite the entertaining read.

On another note, Popes have a much higher life expectancy (averaging around 80 years or so, 1700 to present) than other well-to-do males during that time period. There is a really good reason for this, but I'm curious to see if any of you AG-ers are clever enough to figure it out (its actually not that tricky).

On a more relevant note: I wonder what stance Francis will take on the increasingly staggering number of scandals the Catholic Church is wrapped up in? Will he go down in history as a reformer, or will he just try to sweep everything under the carpet?

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 11:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

1) Catholics are Christians

No. I'm a Christian and I'm not Catholic.

Reply to Pope Francis I

You must be logged in to post a reply!