ForumsWEPRPope Francis I

30 13212
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Anyone got any ideas as to how he will do?
Think he has a good agenda?
Blah, blah, blah, anyways, post anything Pope Francis here!

• 30 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

1. Made me laugh that Christians can't agree on anything.

Because all other religious groups agree with each other all the time?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

If we could get off the whole Catholic/Christian thing that would be great.

He seems like a cool dude. More friendly than Benedict. So I like him. I also know why they picked him. Seeing how he was born in Argentina he would appeal to the Catholics there. His parents are both Italian though so he appeals to the root of Catholics back in Rome.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because all other religious groups agree with each other all the time?

No they can't, that's what makes them all laughable. Better?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Better?

Very much so, yes.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

No, religion has really ever completely agreed. The Jews can't, the Muslims can't, Christians can't, not even Bhuddists can. Please tell me if I spelt Bhuddist wrong.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No, religion has really ever completely agreed.

That's what happens when something isn't based on facts but opinions and feelings.

Please tell me if I spelt Bhuddist wrong.

*Buddhist
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

He just greet us (the jews) for a happy passover. I didnt realy liked his choise of words ("may the god who guided you out of eygept will keep on guarding you&quot. Like we dont belive in the same god. But he could have been worse. There is no much love to the jews in south america....

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

He seems like a good guy.

(I am not a catholic, but hey, he seems friendly)

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

But he could have been worse.

That's basically my sentiment on the whole thing. From what little I do know of him, the only thing I have an issue with is he's against homosexual marriage, but at least he's not saying they're evil or that they need to be, 'converted back to heterosexuals,' as far as I know.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

CORRECTION: there are forms of Christianity (sorry, but you guys seem so hopeless talking about it) :
Amish,
Mennonite,
Anglican,
Roman Catholic,
Mormon,
Eastern Orthodox,
Methodist,
Baptists,
Lutheran,
7th-day Adventists,
Oriental Orthodox,
Assyrian Church,
Anabaptists,
Church of God/Christ (called Pietists and Holiness Churches),
Brethen,
Apostolic,
Pentecostals,
----------------------------------
All these are forms/churches of Christianity.
I am Catholic.
I feel like Francis is breaking the Catholic tradition mightily. He is doing things that are totally un-orthodox to Catholicism, e.g. putting HANUKKAH candles in the Vatican church. That's horrible, in my opinion.
Keep the tradition, Pope!

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for the double post, but I might like to add that if all our Popes continue breaking these traditions, I swear that the Catholic church will crumble, and break away, mark my words.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

There is one true religion. Jewish, which was stolen by the gentiles, so we became Christian, which was stolen by protestants, so we became Catholic, which was stolen in 1962, So now Roman Catholics are the true faith. The new "Pope" is Catholic from 1962, therefor, not real. Vatican II ruined our Church. Look it up.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

There is one true religion.

And that would be...?

Jewish, which was stolen by the gentiles, so we became Christian, which was stolen by protestants, so we became Catholic, which was stolen in 1962, So now Roman Catholics are the true faith. The new "Pope" is Catholic from 1962, therefor, not real. Vatican II ruined our Church. Look it up.

*Facepalm*

1) Gentiles means, "not Jewish." It's a broad term. Further, Judaism is the religion, Jewish is the ethnicity/race.
2) Christianity borrows from the Torah in parts and calls it the Old Testament. They 'became' Christians because they believed Jesus Christ to be the messiah as foretold in scripture. Thus the New Testament is about Jesus' teachings and his disciples.
3) Protestantism is another form of Christianity, it was not 'stolen.' Protestantism is basically, 'not Catholic.'
4) Catholicism was the first denomination of Christianity. It came before everything else and can be viewed as the 'original form.'
5) The Roman Catholic Church refers to the church which started in Rome. There is also the Russian Orthodox Church, among others which practice Catholicism.
6) Either someone is Catholic or they are not. There are no time frames where Catholic suddenly means something else.
7) Vatican II marks when the church pulled its head out of its rear a significant amount and admitted that they've been wrong about some things.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Gentiles stole the name "Jewish" during the Babylonian captivity. They became Christians after Christ died. Protestants were shunned by Christians, so we changed our religions name to become distinct. I'm currently Eukranian/Roman Catholic

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Christianity started before Christ died, it started with his preaching. The first ones who joined Christianity were Jews, but that doesn't mean that all Jews became Christian, plus Christianity,unlike Judaism, has always been open to everyone and not just one population, so it was quickly joined by people who weren't Jewish. (kinda obvious since it has spread to the whole world.)

Protestants are a group of Christians who followed Luther in his division from the Roman Catholic church.

Technically, if you are a Catholic, you aren't supposed to question the Pope and the cardinal's decisions such as the ones they make in councils. By Catholic doctrine, the Pope is infallible, and he is inspired by the Holy Spirit (I think) when he speaks.

Showing 16-30 of 30