Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The World War III Theory

Posted Mar 15, '13 at 6:59am

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

250 posts

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 5:46pm

rocky10199

rocky10199

67 posts

You might laugh this time

I will.

I think it would be a nuclear war

Just try and picture that... That is not really war, more like genocide. The repercussions of a nuclear war are far too great, no country wants that, they're all too scared of that. So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 8:20pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.

Not really that far-fetched..actually.

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation..nor does it require a large "punch". With strategic weapon designs and attack placement..a war can be made from nuclear weaponry

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 10:06pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation

They've had low-yield suitcase nukes that fit in a launcher the size of a large rucksack for about 50 years. I'd bet they've got much smaller, more transportable, more concealable ones now.

From Wiki:
In 1994 the United States Congress passed The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994, preventing the government from developing nuclear weapons with a yield of less than 5 kilotons, thereby making the official development of these weapons in the U.S. unlikely. This law was, however, repealed in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004.

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 10:31pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

So it'll be Syria for a change? Not Germany? Odd.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

-Albert Einstein

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 10:35pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

461 posts

So it'll be Syria for a change

I highly doubt that Syria has nearly enough money to focus on making nuclear weaponry at the moment...

Posted Mar 16, '13 at 10:59pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

I highly doubt that Syria has nearly enough money to focus on making nuclear weaponry at the moment...

In one of those countries there's talk of nuclear weapons.

Posted Mar 17, '13 at 5:07am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

In one of those countries there's talk of nuclear weapons.

There's always talk of nuclear weapons, but let's not try to pin a tail on a nonexistent donkey.
There may be a WWIII, there may not be. Depends on how you defined WW3. A certain number of countries? Has to contain the superpowers? Requires Germany? Needs to effect all countries?

Posted Mar 17, '13 at 5:23am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,043 posts

Knight

I agree with the OP though, cyber warfare is more likely and actually already happens to some extent.

Not Germany? Odd.

Requires Germany?

Why do y'all keep mentioning Germany? Just because it was involved in the last WW?

Posted Mar 17, '13 at 8:13am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Needs to effect all countries?

atleast some countries from 4 of the 6 continent (excluding antarctica)

Requires Germany?

no

Has to contain the superpowers?

no (but they will stick there nose in a ww3 anyway)

Reply to The World War III Theory

You must be logged in to post a reply!