ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

403 66425
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
344 posts

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 403 Replies
rocky10199
rocky10199
71 posts

You might laugh this time

I will.
I think it would be a nuclear war

Just try and picture that... That is not really war, more like genocide. The repercussions of a nuclear war are far too great, no country wants that, they're all too scared of that. So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
10,143 posts

So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.

Not really that far-fetched..actually.

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation..nor does it require a large "punch". With strategic weapon designs and attack placement..a war can be made from nuclear weaponry
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation

They've had low-yield suitcase nukes that fit in a launcher the size of a large rucksack for about 50 years. I'd bet they've got much smaller, more transportable, more concealable ones now.

From Wiki:
In 1994 the United States Congress passed The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994, preventing the government from developing nuclear weapons with a yield of less than 5 kilotons, thereby making the official development of these weapons in the U.S. unlikely. This law was, however, repealed in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004.
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

So it'll be Syria for a change? Not Germany? Odd.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

-Albert Einstein
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
614 posts

So it'll be Syria for a change

I highly doubt that Syria has nearly enough money to focus on making nuclear weaponry at the moment...
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

I highly doubt that Syria has nearly enough money to focus on making nuclear weaponry at the moment...

In one of those countries there's talk of nuclear weapons.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,844 posts

In one of those countries there's talk of nuclear weapons.

There's always talk of nuclear weapons, but let's not try to pin a tail on a nonexistent donkey.
There may be a WWIII, there may not be. Depends on how you defined WW3. A certain number of countries? Has to contain the superpowers? Requires Germany? Needs to effect all countries?
HahiHa
HahiHa
6,441 posts

I agree with the OP though, cyber warfare is more likely and actually already happens to some extent.

Not Germany? Odd.

Requires Germany?

Why do y'all keep mentioning Germany? Just because it was involved in the last WW?
partydevil
partydevil
5,299 posts

Needs to effect all countries?

atleast some countries from 4 of the 6 continent (excluding antarctica)

Requires Germany?

no

Has to contain the superpowers?

no (but they will stick there nose in a ww3 anyway)
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Why do y'all keep mentioning Germany? Just because it was involved in the last WW?

Because. They started WWI and WWII, so them not starting WWIII is odd.
HahiHa
HahiHa
6,441 posts

Because. They started WWI and WWII, so them not starting WWIII is odd.

While it is not accurate nor entirely true to say Germany started WWI, WWII is a result of the sanctions imposed on Germany by you and the allies (it helped Hitler's campaign greatly). It is also unlikely they will ever start WWIII if you actually look at today's situation.
xeano321
xeano321
3,122 posts

While it is not accurate nor entirely true to say Germany started WWI, WWII is a result of the sanctions imposed on Germany by you and the allies (it helped Hitler's campaign greatly).

Not really by the sanctions, but by lack of enforcement on the part of the allies. If they hard enforced the assorted treaties and stuff created after WWI, WWII would have never happened.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
344 posts

Who agrees cyber warfare will happen? I agree! do you?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,277 posts

Germany isn't really in fighting shape right now. Besides, why would they attack us now? We're as close we've been since Austria and Hungary split up. If anyone starts it, it'll be North Korea. Maybe, for some insane reason, Russia might start it but I'm hard pressed to say that Russia and NK are together righ now. The only real commonality between them is their upbringings. Well, that and the obvious: they have similar governmental ideals.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

Maybe, for some insane reason, Russia might start it

It'd have to be an insane reason. Russia's steadily been moving toward peace with the West and has assisted NATO in the past. Putin's plan is basically to be neutral/friendly with everyone who has power in order to gain the most benefits/profits for Russia. There's not much they'd realistically do to start a world war. They'd need serious motivation. And their '08 invasion of Georgia didn't prompt any international military intervention, other than stationing EU patrolers on the boarder after the withdrawal.

they have similar governmental ideals.

Not so much anymore.
Showing 1-15 of 403