Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The World War III Theory

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 12:04pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,619 posts

Knight

That sort of applies to the second world war before Hitler declared war on the US. Before that it was the allies vs the axis, the soviet union vs the axis, and the US vs Japan.

Mhmmm....I agree with your point to a certain extent. Whilst I would agree that the Sino-Japanese theatre of WWII seems like a separate war on its own (given that it started years earlier), I would say that the major cause and linking factor was Hitler's strive for dominance, which would engulf the whole of Europe into war, and eventually the USA. I would say that the German declaration of war on the US can also be linked to the USA's underlying and obvious support for the Allies, such as through Lend Lease, although the immediate spark was its Japanese ally attacking Pearl Harbour.

On the other hand, I think the Seven Years War was the result of rather sudden merging two quite separate wars - that of France and Great Britain (And Spain to a certain extent) competing over colonies and trade at at time that both powers were trying to grab much of the world for themselves, and that of Prussia and Austria with their continuing squabbles over Silesia. It just so happened that the increasingly cool Austrian-British relations after the breakup of their previous alliance combined with the need to protect the Hanoverian lands from France pushed Prussia and Britain to each other and erupted into such a global conflict.

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 3:25pm

09philj

09philj

2,534 posts

It could also be argued that the original "World War" was the war of spanish succession, the eighty years war, the thirty years war, or the war of austrian succession. (More commonly known in Britain as the war of Jenkin's ear)

Posted May 2, '14 at 11:43pm

colinsaul

colinsaul

5 posts

Oh no, not again.
It's OK for US hawks to go on about arming the eastern European states. It's not their continent they want to fight on.

Posted May 9, '14 at 1:30am

SportShark

SportShark

1,109 posts

Will there be plasma rifles and combat droids in the next world war? I hope so. The whole machine gun thing is getting old.

Posted May 9, '14 at 10:58am

09philj

09philj

2,534 posts

I truly hope you're being ironic (It's hard to tell with you) but:

plasma rifles
would probably be forbidden under article 23 of 1907 hague convention: it is especially forbidden...To employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering.

combat droids
would be cost prohibitive.

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 4:50am

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

292 posts

would probably be forbidden under article 23 of 1907 hague convention: it is especially forbidden...To employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering.

Unless, someone will scrap this.

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 7:41am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

131 posts

Hmm.. if anything there could be a war but I think that humanity, involving America, or any other advanced enough county to be able to access the internet independently would not take part in this war. It seems too unlikely that a new war would start and involve America the British (Which includes Australia and Canada) or Russia and any other European country because were not that stupid and in America they would let us fight in the middle east again because they knew what happened with our last war (Just to let you know killing Osama bin laden wasn't a war.) Every other continent doesn't have world war type conflict and no one would bother to get in between any Asian county wars because America and British counties don't really know anybody they need to really save there.

I believe there would be some neucler conflict but not that much because it really costs a lot to make a new bomb. But I just don't see this war happening and as humans race advances the lesser need for war there is as we would have better relations and less productiveness from a war but more destruction within our own counties.

Posted Aug 18, '14 at 4:20am

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,478 posts

Knight

The next World War will be one of cyber warfare, when everything is run through a linked device and whole economies could be crushed in a few keystrokes.

:P

Posted Sep 3, '14 at 4:25pm

DaGoblin

DaGoblin

49 posts

Hectichermit, that's very true and very scary. Nuclear war is so bad it might never start. Cyber warfar is so easy to pull off that it might happen very often in the near future. And make no mistake, its results may be devastating.

last edited Sep 03 2014 04:26 pm by DaGoblin

Posted Sep 3, '14 at 6:48pm

09philj

09philj

2,534 posts

Cyberwarfare is more likely to be perpetrated by terrorists than nations, as those nations equipped to wage it rely on each other too much.

Reply to The World War III Theory

You must be logged in to post a reply!