ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163303
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
rocky10199
rocky10199
70 posts
Peasant

You might laugh this time

I will.
I think it would be a nuclear war

Just try and picture that... That is not really war, more like genocide. The repercussions of a nuclear war are far too great, no country wants that, they're all too scared of that. So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So (in my opinion) your theory of a nuclear war sounds pretty far fetched to me, just with this simple explanation.

Not really that far-fetched..actually.

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation..nor does it require a large &quotunch". With strategic weapon designs and attack placement..a war can be made from nuclear weaponry
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

A nuclear weapon doesn't necessarily mean complete decimation

They've had low-yield suitcase nukes that fit in a launcher the size of a large rucksack for about 50 years. I'd bet they've got much smaller, more transportable, more concealable ones now.

From Wiki:
In 1994 the United States Congress passed The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994, preventing the government from developing nuclear weapons with a yield of less than 5 kilotons, thereby making the official development of these weapons in the U.S. unlikely. This law was, however, repealed in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

So it'll be Syria for a change

I highly doubt that Syria has nearly enough money to focus on making nuclear weaponry at the moment...
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

In one of those countries there's talk of nuclear weapons.

There's always talk of nuclear weapons, but let's not try to pin a tail on a nonexistent donkey.
There may be a WWIII, there may not be. Depends on how you defined WW3. A certain number of countries? Has to contain the superpowers? Requires Germany? Needs to effect all countries?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

I agree with the OP though, cyber warfare is more likely and actually already happens to some extent.

Not Germany? Odd.

Requires Germany?

Why do y'all keep mentioning Germany? Just because it was involved in the last WW?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Needs to effect all countries?

atleast some countries from 4 of the 6 continent (excluding antarctica)

Requires Germany?

no

Has to contain the superpowers?

no (but they will stick there nose in a ww3 anyway)
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Because. They started WWI and WWII, so them not starting WWIII is odd.

While it is not accurate nor entirely true to say Germany started WWI, WWII is a result of the sanctions imposed on Germany by you and the allies (it helped Hitler's campaign greatly). It is also unlikely they will ever start WWIII if you actually look at today's situation.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

While it is not accurate nor entirely true to say Germany started WWI, WWII is a result of the sanctions imposed on Germany by you and the allies (it helped Hitler's campaign greatly).

Not really by the sanctions, but by lack of enforcement on the part of the allies. If they hard enforced the assorted treaties and stuff created after WWI, WWII would have never happened.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Who agrees cyber warfare will happen? I agree! do you?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Germany isn't really in fighting shape right now. Besides, why would they attack us now? We're as close we've been since Austria and Hungary split up. If anyone starts it, it'll be North Korea. Maybe, for some insane reason, Russia might start it but I'm hard pressed to say that Russia and NK are together righ now. The only real commonality between them is their upbringings. Well, that and the obvious: they have similar governmental ideals.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Maybe, for some insane reason, Russia might start it

It'd have to be an insane reason. Russia's steadily been moving toward peace with the West and has assisted NATO in the past. Putin's plan is basically to be neutral/friendly with everyone who has power in order to gain the most benefits/profits for Russia. There's not much they'd realistically do to start a world war. They'd need serious motivation. And their '08 invasion of Georgia didn't prompt any international military intervention, other than stationing EU patrolers on the boarder after the withdrawal.

they have similar governmental ideals.

Not so much anymore.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Who agrees cyber warfare will happen? I agree! do you?

that is a good possibility as information and our connectivity to each other increases. Likely such a war would be accompanied by political unrest on a near global scale, raids, riots, and other real world consequences.

Think about what would have happened if the Occupy Movement had been more organized and violent. Considering many of the issues that brought about that movement in the first place are still around, a second wave forming as things get worse is likely. That second wave could easily be that way with more people having to be pushed to further extremes in order to act.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

And lets not forgat, Europe as some economic problmes, and like mushrooms the Right wings parties rise up. In greece, in Hungary, All over the place. So it might not be germany, but there are some places out there who blame the "evil politicians", the "evil west europe and its Liberal governments", blaming the foreigns and the minorities and crying for "a strong leader". I dont know about you guys, but ive heard it befor...

That was about europe.

As it seems, US peopels dont realy in the mood for a new big war. the USAians want some time alone, out of conflicts. like befor WW1 and WW2, i belive USA will stay out for a while, and join the west sometime later.

And we came to Asia-africa.

Iran trying to become a superpower. They are helping Assad, but i belive that they are actualy trying to take over syria, making assad a puppet leader. Maybe now is not there time yet, But im sure that when they will feel Stronger, they will try to sting the west a little. And with the help of Nucklear wepones, its even more dangerous. I dont belive they will use it, But once they will have much more courage, as no country want to push to the limit a government who have nuke.

That what i think about the Might to come WW3. hope i helped

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

As it seems, US peopels dont realy in the mood for a new big war. the USAians want some time alone, out of conflicts. like befor WW1 and WW2, i belive USA will stay out for a while, and join the west sometime later.

Though this was a great thought, we've actually tried to stay out of nearly every war except for the Cold War. There's some "more or less" in there but the USA solemnly attacks first.

Before someone brings up the Middle East, we were attacked first; maybe not by the weaponry we thought they had, but we were still attacked.
Showing 1-15 of 393