ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163381
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Unless fired accidentally by a careless gunner to a foreign ship, civilian or not.

I don't see how this is relevant. Something similar to this could have happened before with any other weapon type. Nothing changed.

On other news, I thought the railguns they were building were not ready yet because every shot would still destroy the gun turret. Can you please provide an article or something?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

On other news, I thought the railguns they were building were not ready yet because every shot would still destroy the gun turret. Can you please provide an article or something?

They're a ways past that, I think, but they might need a lot of replacement parts. It's quite an interesting propulsion mechanism, although the coilgun is almost certainly superior.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

the coilgun is almost certainly superior.

I find both of them good, but it depend on your preference.

Anyway, let's continue the talk about Russia and China.
China used military intimidation, while in Russia's case there was no fighting.
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I think the Third World war might be totally
Nuclear/
Against the terrorists.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Anyway, let's continue the talk about Russia and China.
China used military intimidation, while in Russia's case there was no fighting.

What talk about China and Russia? What events do you speak of exactly? Be more specific.

I think the Third World war might be totally
Nuclear/
Against the terrorists.

War against terrorism already happens. I am interested to see how you would explain "war against terrorism" to become a world war.

As for the nuclear war, I believe this will not happen. Currently no country is stupid enough to launch a nuclear rocket on another country. It might become possible once bigger players completely disarm their nuclear arsenal, which I am sure will not happen soon. Some countries might disarm parts of their arsenal, which is happening right now I think, but never to a degree to threaten the 'balance'. It is probably merely on a symbolic level.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

What talk about China and Russia? What events do you speak of exactly? Be more specific

Its rather obvious. China wants to spearhead its claims in south china sea using military intimidation, while Russia occupied Ukraine but there was no fighting.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Its rather obvious. China wants to spearhead its claims in south china sea using military intimidation, while Russia occupied Ukraine but there was no fighting.

Oh, those. Yes, nasty conflicts, I agree. But for now most involved (and uninvolved) parties try to find a diplomatic solution, or we would have seen rockets and drones fly over our head already. I think for now it is improbable that those events spark a world war. Unless you have an idea how those situations might develop to become such a threat?
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

But for now most involved (and uninvolved) parties try to find a diplomatic solution

What if they didn't find it?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It is likely that the European Union will declare even more "disciplinary measures" that will do nothing but buy some time to find where they can make some concessions and appease the situation.

I don't know what America would do, but I doubt they would openly attack if, say, Russia marched into Eastern Ukraine. Which it will not do soon because for now the pro-Russian fanatics in Ukraine are doing their job already.

Which is not to say that there is no probability for an escalation. But I feel like none of the parties actually want a world war, and even if/when things get worse, I hold that a world war is not the most likely outcome.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

So basically it would be just like the Cold War, but with more advance weaponry and stuff. Right?

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Okay, about China. They are currently spearheading their claim that they own all of south china sea. What should UN do about this?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I haven't read the posts in this topic (except for the last page) and I don't feel there will ever been another world war if civilization continues at the pace we are going.

Violent crime is reducing. The ability to hide human rights violations is minimizing. The internet has created a large sense of community for the world. We are becoming more of a one-nation planet than anything else, I feel.

So, to have another world war just doesn't seem likely in this climate.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

We are becoming more of a one-nation planet than anything else, I feel.

Closer this happens, closer we get to a Type-1 Civilization, then we go for SPACE
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Closer this happens, closer we get to a Type-1 Civilization, then we go for SPACE

You just made a reference to Spore by Electronic Arts.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

So, Ukraine will never regain its navy.

Ukraine technically never had a navy. There has been an agreement between Russia/Ukraine/Crimea where Russia owns the lease on the fleet. Ukraine just sort of supplied some people to be in the fleet but it has never been at Ukraine's disposal.

Okay, about China. They are currently spearheading their claim that they own all of south china sea. What should UN do about this?

Bruh you really need to provide articles for all of these random claims you're making.

The UN can do absolutely nothing. The UN can take no action against any of the countries that are permanent members.
Showing 286-300 of 393