ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163302
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

By using an advance weaponry that they will fire on a specific country (or a group of countries) and blame it on another country (^). Thus, a fight will begin.

What would the purpose be? The only beneficiaries, as I see it, are military gear manufacturers, and even they aren't that unscrupulous. Terrorists acting for their beliefs want to draw attention to themselves, so claim responsibility for their attacks.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

By using an advance weaponry that they will fire on a specific country (or a group of countries) and blame it on another country (^). Thus, a fight will begin.

What weapon?
Why?
How would they get passed extremely sophisticated intel tech to create a result of hitting someone in the back of the head, and when said person turns around pointing to another person and saying "he didit"?
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

advance weaponry

explain this part. what advanced weaponry that a terrorist can steal, let alone use?
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

explain this part. what advanced weaponry that a terrorist can steal, let alone use?

They can make their own by stealing blueprints.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

How would they get passed extremely sophisticated intel tech to create a result of hitting someone in the back of the head, and when said person turns around pointing to another person and saying "he didit"?

Use the same tech the country uses and blame it on them.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

What would the purpose be? The only beneficiaries, as I see it, are military gear manufacturers, and even they aren't that unscrupulous. Terrorists acting for their beliefs want to draw attention to themselves, so claim responsibility for their attacks.

Good point.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

They can make their own by stealing blueprints.

ok then, now what can some terrorist do to fool an entire security company, steal a weapons blueprint, manufacture it, and use it on their targets without alerting the security company it stole from? sounds pretty impossible to me, unless you assume that the security company itself is the terrorist
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Use the same tech the country uses and blame it on them.

Lemme re-ask.

How is a mere international terrorist group going to be able to bypass sophisticated intel of a country (like America) and end up tricking said country with a tactic so outdated it has received equal effectiveness as the Trojan Horse tactic?
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

unless you assume that the security company itself is the terrorist

Well, if the company is compromised, yes.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think it is slightly far fetched, that a terrorist organization will actually be able to procure advanced/experimental weaponry and start an international miscommunication, leading to war. There's quite a fair bit of counter-terrorism activity going on under the radar. You could say that the number of failed threats that are reported in the media is just the tip of the iceberg; we would not be able to sleep soundly if we were more in the know! Counter-terrorist measures in the Great Powers (I'm assuming you were referring to such nations as targets) are to put, rather strong.

I would also think that nations are ultimately, cool-headed and rational enough to clear up any doubts, and to clarify that the supposed attacking nation actually did order the attack before taking up appropriate measures. And even then, presuming they still cannot get to the bottom of the truth, the rest of the world is still too wary to rush headlong into a murky fight.

I think too, that the point that terrorist organizations would like to claim successful attacks as their own work is rather valid. I forgot who mentioned it, but most contemporary terrorist groups (that we know of), like to stay visible. You can't spread terror without having a face/front, and by claiming success, especially a spectacular one, groups will receive even more support, or achieve their objectives further by sowing terror actively.

It's a nice theory for its insidious and ''blockbuster-like'' nature, but I think the odds of that happening are almost nil!

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

How is a mere international terrorist group going to be able to bypass sophisticated intel of a country (like America) and end up tricking said country with a tactic so outdated it has received equal effectiveness as the Trojan Horse tactic?

Hey, not all countries have the so-called sophisticated intel.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

I assume that globally most intel services are good enough to uncover a crude tactic like that. Also as there would be more than one country involved and I'm sure there is a certain amount of international exchange between intel services, it would likely be more difficult than one may think.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I'm assuming you were referring to such nations as targets

Im referring to any nation.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Im referring to any nation.

Yes, but that wouldn't actually lead to a large scale conflagration since the nations involved aren't at the centre of world affairs.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I did that because I don't want to argue with you.

It isn't arguing, it's debating. Big difference.

It's a nice theory for its insidious and ''blockbuster-like'' nature, but I think the odds of that happening are almost nil!

^
Showing 316-330 of 393