Forums

ForumsForum Games

Ground Zero II KICKSTARTER Thread

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 7:17pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,216 posts

Paradoxes are only cause by Time travel. By altering it reality, it changes what's there, what isn't there. Although it has a pretty long recharge rate.

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 7:19pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Paradoxes are only cause by Time travel. By altering it reality, it changes what's there, what isn't there. Although it has a pretty long recharge rate.

Yes I know. I was just giving an example. I don't know about this altering reality. Also how would they control it? It seems like some type of super power and there aren't really any in here.

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 9:09pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

Yes I know. I was just giving an example. I don't know about this altering reality. Also how would they control it? It seems like some type of super power and there aren't really any in here.

that would be like shape-shifting into a bear or changing some coal into a diamond sword or something else.

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 9:59pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,058 posts

that would be like shape-shifting into a bear or changing some coal into a diamond sword or something else.

Even so, it has unclear limitations. I think he's trying to get a more solid foundation.

I think an important element is that players fight less OP bad guys (regenerating cyborgs, guys with hugs weapons, super-speed nightwatchers) and more time fighting each other. We would be disallowed from reading each other's sheets, unless we had a way to analyze what chips the other player was using.

Here's a Player Sheet I propose, just for the sake of giving the first one a boost. The "Built" and  "Abilities" sections are removed because the Chip section covers it. Also, I think your "Weapons" slot needs to show only weapons that a player has equippped, unlike GZ 1, where I had a whole pile of weapons. Other weapons would go in "Gear," but it depends on your style.

Name: (first and last, preferrably)
HP: (100+ potential bonus)
---
Active Chip I: (make a list, player picks one)
Active Chip II: (same)
Prime Chip: (same, again. Prime Chip could be more of a "grab bag" style where it's more of a bonus than an OP power-up)
---
Weapons: (Two one-hand weapons or one two-hand weapon. This is the "Equipped" section, instead of an inventory.)
Armor: (Self-explainitory, +special gauntlets, helmets, etc)
Gear [0/10]: (It should be limited to 10 or 15 items, I would say. Unused weapons and armor go here, to be swapped at the player's discretion)
Chip Pack - Active [1/5]:
Chip Pack - Prime [0/5]: (Stores spare Active and Prime Chips that players can find. Maybe have a maximum limit for that as well. All players start with one chip of their choice, unless you want to make it a random thing. Not sure how new Prime chips will be found)
---
Kills: 0 (Other players that you have killed go here)
Previous Contender: (remember you added this to the first game)

So, with all the details removed:

Name:
---
Active Chip I:
Active Chip II:
Prime Chip:
---
Weapons:
Armor:
Gear [0/10]:
Chip Pack - Active [1/5]:
Chip Pack - Prime [0/5]:
---
Kills: 0
Previous Contender: Y/N

Not too big, not too vague. Keeps the details organized and the important parts grouped together. Make changes as you want, but that's what the chip-based version would (or hopefully will) look like.

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 10:02pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,058 posts

Here's a re-post of my original Active Chip list.

Active Chip List:
Strength (x2: Player can bend metal objects and doors)
Speed (x2: Player can glide across the ground at high speed)
Accuracy (x2: Player's weapons will hit enemies by curving around obstacles)
Stamina (x2: Player does not experience fatigue or exhaustion)
Instinct (x2: Player can see traps and enemy spawn points)
Agility (x2: Player can climb vertical obstacles and jump twice as far)
Reflexes (x2: Player can slow time briefly to avoid attack)

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 2:28am

amorboy

amorboy

147 posts

i read a bit and i wanted to say something : well the thing is ... if we are gonna have katanas ... crossbows... shurikens...swords...and... they are not normal i guess i mean they are enchanted with i dont know ... aha ! like : electrical charges i mean if we hit someone not only they bleed they will get shocked by electricity ... and there could be tons of other enchantments, and by the way if the sword is from iron ir will suck !! it needs to be from titanium or something strong cause in this age i guess if someone has i dont know like : super motherF god power sh... armor i dont think a katana would be enough (at least a iron one) so i guess we need these enchantments :)
oh i would like to see shurikens  to have explosives on them :D after they cut enemies body and stick in it they explode :D or crosbows have high voltage arrows they go trough the body and the guy just gets burned !! i mean we could have tons of creativity ! and i would die to see a hologhraphic luncher :D a copy of us (holographic) than the enemy lunchs for that and bang a trap or we kill him from behind :D there should be drugs to ... (no i am not an addict :P and i havnt done drugs) i mean if we could add high powered drugs we can like boost status for short period of time than cause the drug is dangoures it weakens us for a period of time to :D example : drug one eat it and have 120 health instead of 100 for 2 posts ! after 2 posts have 80 health instead of 100 for 3 posts (maximum health i am speaking) they would be good if we need a little more power for short time :D and a question : do we have sponcers or something ?

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 9:57am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,058 posts

@amorboy
1. PLEASE check your spelling/grammar before posting. It's hard to read something that long when most of the words are spelled wrong.
2. This takes place in the future. It will have plasma weapons and possibly elemental-based weapons. No one is going to get "super motherF god power sh....armor" because that would suck for everyone else.
3. I'm fairly certain we aren't going to be allowed to upgrade or "enchant" our weapons. They're going to have individual powers that will vary. The first game had weapons from different Tiers, giving them different strengths.
4. Drugs aren't going to happen. Just saying. He may find a way to boost our health, though. Maybe a Prime Chip could do nothing but give a permanent health boost? "+50HP Prime Chip" or something. If Prime Chips get vetoed, then maybe an Active Chip could boost health slightly, and two of them would double the HP increase.
5. No sponsors. The tournament is volunteer-based (the first one was, anyway), so I don't think we're going to get external support, although it may be worth considering.

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 12:31am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Gear [0/10]: (It should be limited to 10 or 15 items, I would say. Unused weapons and armor go here, to be swapped at the player's discretion)

Basically the backpack... I'll probably differ the amount depending on different things.

Kills: 0 (Other players that you have killed go here)

Frags, already had it as that :D

Previous Contender: (remember you added this to the first game)

Yes.

5. No sponsors. The tournament is volunteer-based (the first one was, anyway), so I don't think we're going to get external support, although it may be worth considering.

Though I do mention sponsers in GZI.. But yeah no other players playing as sponsers.. Heck no. Mostly I'll just say.. ''Oh it must have been a gift from your sponser or something.''

:P Tired as heck, going to bed :)

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 12:28pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,058 posts

So...the rest of my proposed player sheet passed inspection? The Prime Chip idea was still pending, so if you want to tweak it, be my guest.

Personally, I like having a section dedicated only to Chips, then having a Chip Pack seperate from the Gear slot. Basic organization. You can't go wrong with that.

I got a few of the Prime Chip ideas (the sword arm and scanning eye thing) from the GBA "Megaman: Battle Network" series. I seriously suggest you look at the list of:
Standard Chips: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_Battle_Network_Battle_Chips
Mega Chips:
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Chips

Many of them are enemy-related (a fish virus will summon and shoot a small harpoon for damage), but a lot of them are particularly clever. One is a Gatling-gun arm that can fire 12 rounds. However, once you have used a chip in the "Megaman" game, you cannot use it again until the next battle. In this case, you would only be able to apply that chip once per battle and it would have to recharge or something. Other cool "Prime Chip" ideas from the list are:
Cannon Arm (only fires once per battle), called "HiCannon" on the website
Sword Arm, called "WideSwrd"
Harpoon Gun Arm, (fires three harpoons in a row), called "TriArrow"
HP Recovery Chips (restore anywhere from 10 to 300 HP), called "Recov"
Barrier Shield (blocks one attack), called "Barrier"
Boomerang Gun (fires a large boomerang that hits enemies, then returns to your arm), called "Boomer"
Guardian (My personal favorite. Summons a statue that inflicts massive damage if hit by an enemy), called "Guardian" in Mega Chips
Sledgehammer Arm (turns lower arm into shockwave-generating hammer), called "GodHammer" in Mega Chips

On the list goes. Some of those are going to seem way too random for your game, but a few are cool. The enhanced vision would be useful. Then again, you could scrap the whole Prime Chip idea, in which case the Chip Pack would get moved to the Active Chip section.
---
Active Chip I:
Active Chip II:
Chip Pack [0/5]:
---

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 2:21pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

.So...the rest of my proposed player sheet passed inspection? The Prime Chip idea was still pending, so if you want to tweak it, be my guest.

Not completely but I am strongly considering it... Just expect something at least similar to that in the actual RPG.

Reply to Ground Zero II KICKSTARTER Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!